Inventory crash

+
SigilFey;n10420122 said:
The only thing to do is pay attention carefully while you play, and try to identify the exact sequence of events leading up to your crashes. If you experience a lot of them, then there will almost definitely be a pattern, even if it's difficult to see. That's the info that needs to be submitted to Tech Support so that they can try to track down the source.

For me there isn't a pattern, the game just crashes after an hour of playing. I don't know why and I don't plan on testing it for hours on end in order to try to figure out the cause of the problem. I learned some coding in high school so I understand the basics of it and I know how difficult coding can be. I never was good at it but I know its very time consuming and can be hard to find whats causing a bug. Anyways, my problem in the game is a bit different from others as there isn't one direct thing that seems to be causing the crashes... But I still think its inventory related. Similar to how in Skyrim, performance would be terrible after hours of playing and having a large inventory. Dropping items would also cause issues. (On PS3 anyways)

The inventory problems started after 1.50/1.51 for a lot of people. I got the game in December 2017 so I have only played with the latest patch (1.50) so something in the patch is triggering this issue... My inventory was below the limit. I'm sure that if I played the game before the 1.50 patch, it would run fine. The problem isn't that I have too many items. The problem is a bug that CDPR need to fix.

Jenot;n10418742 said:
Regardless of crash issues i would like to know where is HDR patch for PS4 Pro ? Why it takes so long ? Is that a big problem to release a patch that only adds HDR support and later release a patch that fixes crash issues ?

Maybe they are trying to add the performance mode that Xbox One X has? Or atleast a stable 30 fps. I have a feeling it'll be the last patch for Witcher 3 so they are trying to make sure that its as perfect as it can be. Or maybe they are working on Cyberpunk 2077 and the patch is a secondary project. (small team). I rather they take their time with the patch so it doesn't introduce any new game breaking bugs. Crash issues should be fixed first in my opinion. It's a game breaking. HDR is nice, but most people don't own HDR displays.

TrishKrish;n10420432 said:
Maybe they are trying to add the performance mode that Xbox One X has? Or atleast a stable 30 fps. I have a feeling it'll be the last patch for Witcher 3 so they are trying to make sure that its as perfect as it can be. Or maybe they are working on Cyberpunk 2077 and the patch is a secondary project. (small team). I rather they take their time with the patch so it doesn't introduce any new game breaking bugs. Crash issues should be fixed first in my opinion. It's a game breaking. HDR is nice, but most people don't own HDR displays.

>Or maybe they are working on Cyberpunk 2077 and the patch is a secondary project. (small team).

That should be definitely true!

However, 700 people are working there - 550 at CD Projekt Red and 150 at GOG.

So, a resource problem shouldn't be the cause of the delay.

Jenot;n10418742 said:
Regardless of crash issues i would like to know where is HDR patch for PS4 Pro ? Why it takes so long ? Is that a big problem to release a patch that only adds HDR support and later release a patch that fixes crash issues ?

The last respond from CDPR on that mater dated on 1-16-18.

Alicja.
CD PROJEKT RED
The PS4 Pro Upgrade is coming, don't worry.
It will introduce HDR support, but we're not planning on adding Performance Mode.

It should be out in the next few weeks.

That says it all! ;)

>Is that a big problem to release a patch that only adds HDR support and later release a patch that fixes crash issues?

I can't know, but i assume it will be a patch for everything, that's why the delay!

Last edited:
mark5916;n10420902 said:
The last respond from CDPR on that mater dated on 1-16-18.

Alicja.
CD PROJEKT RED
The PS4 Pro Upgrade is coming, don't worry.
It will introduce HDR support, but we're not planning on adding Performance Mode.

It should be out in the next few weeks.

That says it all! ;)

Thats great news! Hopefully it fixes the crashes.

SigilFey;n10420122 said:
Over 1,000,000 lines of code written by a large number of individuals over almost 10 years (many of whom are no longer around to identify what they did and how), a web of non-linear complex mechanics working in tandem with thousands of possible combinations and outcomes based on player choice, a graphical engine capable of proceduraly rendering tens of miles in all directions with a dynamic weather and lighting system, and over 80 hours of cinematic, narrative gameplay being simultaneously supported for 3 completely different platforms. There's no "easy" or "fast" about anything involved.

Plus, a game engine is all interconnected, sometimes in very odd ways that may not make sense at a glance. I can't change any one thing in a game's code without it potentially affecting everything else.

OK. I understand. Personally I don't have many issues, sometimes crash happens to me but I know that a lot of pepole are experiencing this issue so they are not able to play. The Witcher 3 is one of the best games i've ever played, i finished TW3 4 times so far and i know i will be playing it many many times again in the future. I asked for HDR patch because it makes the games much more beautiful and that's why I can't wait for this. I hope that upcoming HDR patch will also fix all these crash issues.

I wanted to see if the game worked fine on the older versions. So I turned off internet in settings, deleted the game and reinstalled it so it would install with the 1.30 default update. (Complete edition). After it was done installing, I tried to open my save but it gave an error saying that the game was used in a newer update. So those who are considering playing with the older update, you have to create a new save. Its a great game, that I wouldn't mind playing through again. But I prefer to resume my old save. I will wait for the upcoming patch.

TrishKrish;n10425682 said:
I wanted to see if the game worked fine on the older versions. So I turned off internet in settings, deleted the game and reinstalled it so it would install with the 1.30 default update. (Complete edition). After it was done installing, I tried to open my save but it gave an error saying that the game was used in a newer update. So those who are considering playing with the older update, you have to create a new save. Its a great game, that I wouldn't mind playing through again. But I prefer to resume my old save. I will wait for the upcoming patch.

Saves from the regular The Witcher 3 game aren't compatible with the G.O.T.Y. edition of the game.

If that's your problem.;)

mark5916;n10428002 said:
Saves from the regular The Witcher 3 game aren't compatible with the G.O.T.Y. edition of the game.

If that's your problem.;)

My original save was created on the complete edition. I have never owned the original edition.

TrishKrish;n10430432 said:
My original save was created on the complete edition. I have never owned the original edition.

Hmm, then something went wrong with your save.

That's an earlier save that relies on the patch 1.31 from the G.O.T.Y. edition The Witcher 3 game.

I will try to copy that file from my external USB flash drive to the internal PS4 Pro HDD drive.

https://imgur.com/a/eFJUt

Now i will try to load it into the game that's updated with the latest 1.50 patch.

Ignore the warning message.

https://imgur.com/a/3tD1Q

Voilà!

https://imgur.com/a/xaHp9

mark5916;n10431202 said:
Hmm, then something went wrong with your save.

That's an earlier save that relies on the patch 1.31 from the G.O.T.Y. edition The Witcher 3 game.

I will try to copy that file from my external USB flash drive to the internal PS4 Pro HDD drive.

https://imgur.com/a/eFJUt

Now i will try to load it into the game that's updated with the latest 1.50 patch.

Ignore the warning message.

https://imgur.com/a/3tD1Q

Voilà!

https://imgur.com/a/xaHp9

I'm not sure if I cancelled out of the warning message or if it didn't let me. My save was created on the 1.50 update. I didn't let me load it on the 1.30 update. I'm busy at the moment but I will try it later and send screenshots if it doesn't work.

TrishKrish;n10431532 said:
I'm not sure if I cancelled out of the warning message or if it didn't let me. My save was created on the 1.50 update. I didn't let me load it on the 1.30 update. I'm busy at the moment but I will try it later and send screenshots if it doesn't work.

Yes, do that and tell us what happens.

To be sure, that nothing will happen to your automatically created save files, make a backup from those on an external USB device. ;)

TrishKrish;n10433412 said:
https://imgur.com/a/OGtqv

Let me know if it doesn't work. My first time using this site. I uploaded 3 images.
As you can see, the game gives an error. No option to skip.

That's a different scenario.

For better understanding lets stick to the G.O.T.Y. edition of the game.

So, you can load an earlier save on a later updated game, but you CAN'T load a never save that relies on an previous patched game.

Because on the first case, the older save file (if you load it) will be updated automatically to the latest patched version, so 1.30 or 1.31 will become 1.50/1.51

On the second case, the never saved file (1.50/1.51) can't run on an older patched game for the reason that it contains fixes that aren't exist on a game that runs on the 1.30 or 1.31 patch.

----------

So, your game may run at version 1.30 now, buy your save file you are trying to load relies on the 1.50 version of the game.

However, i guess that's my mistake. I did not understood your comment in the first place.

Sorry for your inconvenience. :/

Last edited:
Hello,

BEST PS4 PRO SOLUTION FOR INVENTORY CRASH

Yesterday the problem happened to me again. After start a New Game +, when I arrived Crow´s Perch, I went to the blacksmith repair my set of GrandMaster griffin and swords, and the problem of
Crash it happened to me again.
What I do to solve this problem is the following: after the game crashed, start the game normally ... continue ... loading and you're in the game again, pause the game, click save game and delete all automatically saved games, after deleting all, manually save the game.
Now let's go to the inventory: open the inventory, do not put the selector on any witcher master item (green color) if witcher items are already equipped you select any item in your inventory (equipment other than witcher) and press L3 to hide the letters, after hiding the letters, try to remove and re-equip master witcher items (always with the letters hidden to remove and equip master witcher equipment)
do not try to hide the letters from the witch master equipment, the game will crashed, You have to hide the letters with another item, other than master witcher. if you do not have the witch master items equipped, make the same, select any item and hide the letters then equip the witcher items, always with the letters hidden.
I did not realize it, but it seems to me that I always go to the blacksmith of the crow´s perch repair the master witcher set the game crashed. I'll look at this again and come back to warn you.
With this solution I can play always, whenever you game crash , you can do this and return to play without crash.
Hope this helps!!!

PSN ID: MaiconYKZ

No "solutions", game should be made so I, with all of my wisdom, cant break it. I shouldnt be going around trying to evade crashes

Hi! I bought the GOTY version and I have been playing the game on PS4 PRO for almost a year (level 29 currently). I do have usually 1 - 2 hours for gameplay available daily because I have a very busy personal life. Therefore this game works as a stress relief to me. Unfortunately right now the game crashes every time I open my stash (i have around 20 items) or when I try to sell something to an armorer or blacksmith. Only yesterday i spent 3 hours trying to troubleshoot and find a workaround. As many others here I failed too.

I cannot express enough my frustration and my disappointment for the way cdprojectred handles the maintenance of this game. It is unacceptable for a company that calls themselves professionals, to sell something which does not work as expected and meanwhile not doing anything into fixing it for so long. I would understand if the company would need a month to fix it ,but 2 years and no result that's insane. It feels like none cares anymore, you got the cash anyway.

I am very sorry to say this, because when I started playing the game I thought it was one of the best ever, but there are so many other great studios out there that not only produce great titles but also offer great after sales support and maintenance.

That was a tough lesson for me as a customer and as a gamer but I know I will be not spending any more my money on your titles.

Top Bottom