Achievements bug help - I know the temp fix but still have questions

+
Achievements bug help - I know the temp fix but still have questions

Hello,

I didn't realize that my achievements were not unlocking until I had progressed pretty much through the entirety of Hearts of Stone. After doing some research I found that the fix is to clear the Alternate Mac Address Cache on the Xbox and reboot the console. I did this, then unequipped and re-equipped some Witcher gear to unlock the "Armed and Dangerous" achievement. Great, it's working again. Here's one question, do I have to do this cache reset every day? Or is once enough?

Next, and most importantly, I want to know if it's possible for the game to retroactively check to see if I've completed achievements without me having to play through the campaign again. It's pretty disheartening that I don't have any save points to quickly go back to unlock the ones that I know I've completed. Here are some achievements that I know I should have gotten, but they are still locked:

Brawler - Defeat Olaf, the Skellige champion of unarmed combat.
Curator of Nightmares - Recreate all of Iris' nightmares in the Painted World
Pacta Sunt Servanda - Finish the "Hearts of Stone" expansion.

Those three would require a very long time to go back and redo so I would like to know if I can somehow get them to unlock. Thanks

I am having the same issue with the Complete Edition on my xbox one. Very frustrating regret not just buying the regular edition which does not seem to have this problem. I have done numerous hard resets and clear caches.

Top Bottom