The Witcher 3 GOTY edition Novigrad, Oxenfurt and swamps FPS drops

+
The Witcher 3 GOTY edition Novigrad, Oxenfurt and swamps FPS drops

I've watched some gameplays on youtube and noticed the game runs smoothly for everyone else, I have major FPS drops in Novigrad, Oxenfurt, Swamps and some areas in Toussaint. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Also played the game on PS4, same problem.
GOTY version.

You can always try to clear the cache and see if it helps anything.

(With PS4, it's rebuilding the database)

Okay, just asked a friend and he said he had the same problem with the GOTY version, but no issues with the base game...
Is this some kind of glitch?

I haven't played GOTY myself, so I don't know how it works. But if your friend has the same issue and cache/reinistalling didn't help, then it might be a glitch.

Well, it doesn't make the game unplayable, but it's very annoying and ruins my experience with the game.

Anyways, I haven't seen enough people complaining about this ''glitch'', the game is over 2 years old so I don't think CDPR cares about this stuff anymore...

iCake

Forum veteran
Everexy;n9619801 said:
Anyways, I haven't seen enough people complaining about this ''glitch'', the game is over 2 years old so I don't think CDPR cares about this stuff anymore...

There's a sticky right here labeled "Xbox One performance research". There you can read up on all the struggle we, the players, had endured to try and prove CDPR guys that the game's performance was ruined right with the patch that brought about HoS IIRC. A lot of people, myself included, fed the support with exact kind of reports CDPR representative had asked us to. Unfortunately, that was all for nought as the performance dips have not been adressed till this day. So no, there's no random performance glitch, it's just the current state of the game on X1 and it will not be fixed. It's a shame really, I still remember the good days when the game ran almost perfectly. Sorry for the rant, it's a sensitive topic to me, one that put a sizable blemish on CDPR reputation in my eyes.

Alright, I tried everything, nothing worked.
According to them, I shouldn't be having these issues, but honestly, I just uninstalled the game on both, I give up.
Gonna install the game back when/if they ever fix this, if not, I'm done.

Top Bottom