A pet peeve, and an affront to the English Language

+
A pet peeve, and an affront to the English Language

I'm not entirely certain how so many instances of this got through editing, but almost every time in the game where there's supposed to be the word "lose," the word "loose" is in its place. I'm certain that I can't be the only person that this annoys - though I appear to be the first one saying anything about it, so it may be that I'm more annoyed by it than most....

In any case, is there any chance this can be corrected BEFORE the physical version is published and printed?

I'm not entirely certain how so many instances of this got through editing, but almost every time in the game where there's supposed to be the word "lose," the word "loose" is in its place. I'm certain that I can't be the only person that this annoys - though I appear to be the first one saying anything about it, so it may be that I'm more annoyed by it than most....

In any case, is there any chance this can be corrected BEFORE the physical version is published and printed?

I think you could report this to CDProjekt contact email, maybe highlighting where you saw those mistakes and how many times. It could help them to correct quickly. I bet they're busy with too many things currently, maybe something get lost in the revision... :)
Quite unfortunate issue... but plz note that CDP is not a native english speaker company.

Many thanks for taking the time to report it - could you let us know where exactly had you encounter this?

It comes up in at least the achievements page, where there is also a "delyed" rather than delayed.

While you are looking at splling and grammar errors, there is also an extra comma on "Sore Joints" in the list of ending conditions in "support, quest". Saw some others too, but I can't recall what they were, and unlike with a physical game it is hard(er) to browse the decks.

I'm not sure whether this is a spelling mistake or not - it doesn't bother me at all, I'm not complaining, I just thought you might like to know, as it's just a bit funny!

On the quest card, diplomacy, The Mad Priest, the text talks of "sicking packs of vicious monsters" and at the bottom of the card says again "he sicks one of his beasts on you!"

Was it supposed to be sticking instead of sicking? Or does he have a bad vomiting problem? :)

I'm not sure whether this is a spelling mistake or not - it doesn't bother me at all, I'm not complaining, I just thought you might like to know, as it's just a bit funny!

On the quest card, diplomacy, The Mad Priest, the text talks of "sicking packs of vicious monsters" and at the bottom of the card says again "he sicks one of his beasts on you!"

Was it supposed to be sticking instead of sicking? Or does he have a bad vomiting problem? :)

To sick/sic a beast on you means to make the beast attack you, it's not a spelling error :)

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/sick#sick-2

Last edited:
I'm used to "sic, sics, siccing, sicced", and I think most Americans would expect it that way, but "sicks" is acceptable.

Many thanks for taking the time to report it - could you let us know where exactly had you encounter this?
I accidentaly found one example..(at least I hope there should be "lose"..)

HTML:
sharedassets0/English.49
ACH_SHUT_UP_AND_TAKE_MY_MONEY_Description = Loose 100 gold coins in all games
ACH_DONT_LET_THEM_BRING_YOU_DOWN_Description = Loose 100 VP in all games

Last edited:
Top Bottom