Balancing patch needed.

+
Balancing patch needed.

Good game but there are some issues.
Dandalion: IS now the weakest character around. His companions are pretty nerfed. He has some good skills BUT. The best skills are fixed in region and other players so if you play 2 players game its HUGE disadvantage for him. IF 4 players its HUGE advantage for him. There is the fact he cannot most of monsters, make this character kind of boring and even with some useful skills he is still the weakest of all (if you dont play 4player game).
Needs to get better companions Cahir and Vincent deserve 2 points of attack / defence at least.

Triss: Triss was the weakest character in beta so she deserve boost. BUT now is the strongest character around. Especially the teleportation (issue). If you get Magic tome and teleportation early in the game. Game is pretty much over and only super newb can lose now. Teleportation gives you ability to gain 2 leads a round safely and get to almost ANY location in map. SO: Teleportation needs to be nerfed. At least it can go 1 move point (not 1 or 2 move points as it is now).

Geralt: Geralt is pretty funny character, BUT his brewery is completely useless. He is strong enough to defeat every monster in the game with few develop cards. I don't know how about other players but brewery is not very used skill (just free slot for foul fate and hurt point). He has no benefit in foul fate cards but he can counter it just by killing monsters (as it should be). So in general the character is awesome , but brewery is completely useless skill. And in 3 dice in success cards is too much it should be 1 dice as everyone else.

Yarpen: Was strongest character in beta but he got nerfed. The character is good BUT he needs 5 leads to get 1 point thats too mutch especially if you get only 8 VP quests. His quest needs to all be set to at least 12 coz he needs 10 leeds to do it ! And other characters can do 8vp quest for 6leeds. Its huge disadvantage.

AI: I get it its mainly PvP game. The AI is really really stupid, i know its hard game to create AI for it :) AI players should at least learn to collect leads of colours that they NEEDS. Not collect 5 red leads if they need blue and purple.

Great game. Totally agree with Hectorlombard. Except with Geralt the Brew action should be there but it should only update 2 spaces on one card at a time and there are cards Geralt would do without. For example the card which lets Geralt ignore all wounds should be tossed from the game.
EDIT: I think Triss's teleportation skill is fun but it should not give a lead when used. And it should give Triss the access to any location; after all it's teleportation.

Last edited:
liuhu77: Good point. Triss teleportation not generating any lead on teleport ( not as it is now as you gain 1 lead from move and 1 from teleport ), would make greater sense, but its like bigger nerf than just move from 1 point. If triss player get in few develop cards magic tome and teleportation he is most likely a winner. And if he dont and desperatly drew cards to get this 2 he is loser both fact is annoying and damage game experience. I like the idea of Brew and i DONT want it banned from game. I just said its useless as it is now. I dont know how to solve this coz Gerald is balanced character he is invincible fighter (as it should be) but he has no defence of foul fates so its kind of balanced (and awesome) just Brew don't work this time.

Dandelion can easily kill any monster. Just needs Clever Minstrel, Cahir and Vincent, with a bit of luck, or adequate investment of coins. I've won several games by killing Striga and Nidhogg (@ 3VP each) in late game... though you can also stalk Geralt, and take 2VP for doing nothing (and use your 'ignore monsters' and 'ignore FF' companions instead (sometimes investigations want Gold Monsters for VP and leads though).

You just prove my point. You needs all those boost to kill and lot of luck to kill gold enemy. And yes if you stalk Gerald and other characetrs and get VP from theyr quests and monster kill its advantage. Too good advantage in 4 players game. And Dandalion is pretty useless in 2 players game (especialy if other player play Triss ,can teleport out of your reach and dont kill monsters that mutch).

The game does need to be updated. I'm not sure if Dandelion is the weakest character, he is the only one who can entirely skip on fighting monsters with a single development card and a bit of gold, giving him a huge advantage if you are farming leads and he is able to get the most gold the quickest, everyone else will probably have some difficulties getting gold if they need it, either for quests or for traveling. His abilities allow him to quickly farm VP from other players and still be able to quickly farm them himself. He isn't a fighter but if you have Vincent and Cahir and have exchanged valuable information for gold, you can beat just about any monster, or choose to skip fighting entirely. He focuses on manipulation and a lot of people still treat him as the other characters which can handle themselves in a fight far better.

Geralt's brew is far from useless. Develop cards give him a huge advantage when fighting monsters but even then you rely on your dice throws because you need specific dice to use his development cards and some of them have big costs to activate, like giving yourself a wound with Anathema just to win a fight which would not even give you one. Potions let you do things you previously could not, like skip pre-battle effects, not get wounded, reroll dice, create dice out of thin air which you can then use for your development cards and much more. As for the three dice in success cards that does not make sense, everybody should have the same amount of dice to throw.

Geralt needs to be able to use potions because he would not be a Witcher if he didn't!

Yarpen is still pretty powerful, he doesn't have the benefit of getting quick leads as other characters do but he is balanced and has the ability to just block out two wounds which is pretty important when time is of the essence. His command ability is extremely powerful in my opinion and he can do things for free that other characters would have to pay for or use special abilities to do.

Triss is very powerful. Her teleportation gives her an enormous boost in games but a good player could still find a way to win against a Triss with Teleportation and Magic Tome, it depends on how familiar you are with your character and how good the Triss is. It should give her access to just about any place on the map but the huge boost in leads is not very fair to the other characters.

The AI should be greatly improved. I enjoy playing offline games and taking my time and even tho the game is fun even as it is right now the AI could use a lot of improvement, it goes for leads it does not even need and randomly walks around the map, every once in a while doing some quest, otherwise just fighting monsters and collecting random leads. It should be able to focus on those that it needs and develop their character before entering fights with silvers and golds.

Seriously, at the beginning it sometimes even comes close to my score but then it starts doing random things and I have at the very least double everyone's scores, even if I am trying to just rush through it. In my first game I had double score, in my second game I had the score of 100 while everyone else had about 30 which is ridiculous. It boosts one's confidence but there should be a way to select your difficulty and the AI should be smart, not more difficult. A lot of games simply give your enemies a hugely unfair advantage if you choose the higher difficulty level instead of making it smarter and able to make better decisions.

The game is great tho!

And if you want to play on Steam any time feel free to add me, Whitest Wolf on Steam

Top Bottom