question about common markers

+
question about common markers

How do these come in to play?...who do you collect them and what do you do with them?

thanks

I believe Common Markers are used to denote charges you have on certain cards, like your development cards. For example, as Geralt, when you pick a Potion development card, you need to use your Brew ability to place one charge on your Potion card, which is indicated by placing one Common Marker on it.

As you can see in the card text here, you need to spend one Charge (indicated by the Common Marker) in order to use this Potion card. All cards that require the player to spend a Charge start with 0 Charge (i.e. 0 Common Markers) by default, unless it is indicated otherwise in the card text.

Last edited:
ah, thanks..i am slowly getting to grips with it a bit...its says that you can have up to 3 common markers on cards so i take it as long as there is a marker on it, and lets say its a card you can use in a fight you can use that card to help get extra swords etc..?

ah, thanks..i am slowly getting to grips with it a bit...its says that you can have up to 3 common markers on cards so i take it as long as there is a marker on it, and lets say its a card you can use in a fight you can use that card to help get extra swords etc..?

Yep, exactly, you spend that charge/marker to activate the effect of that card. Mind you, not all development cards have charges, some have other requirements. If you haven't done so already, you might want to watch this tutorial video in order to get a better idea about the game's rules. Playing the digital version before jumping into the physical one also helps a lot, as most of the "housekeeping" stuff is handled for you.

Top Bottom