Geralt feels overpowered.

+
Geralt feels overpowered.

heya.

so, i've been playing this game for a few weeks now, and first i have to say, i really like it. there are a couple of things lacking, but as a beta, that's expected.

one thing that's been bothering me so far, is that the classes feels very unbalanced, or based on luck too much. im not sure if balancing is an issue while in beta atm, but when playing triss for example, you either end up with a ton of useful spells for battle, or none at all, and feel very weak and unprepared to fight pretty much anything. that's especially true, before getting the tome thing development card, which lets you put 2 charges for each prepare action. i know her spells are amazing, like giving 4 attack or 4 defense, or 2 of each, but they are unreliable mostly, as you need luck to draw them, luck to roll a magic die, and you spend alot of actions on prepare.

geralt on the other hand, feels way way overpowered. i can finish an entire game without ever losing a battle with just quen [2 def], igni [2 attack], and anathema [1 skull on sheet for 1 sign die]. when i have those, i dont ever need to use develop again, or even brew. i might lose out on a battle with a very very unlucky roll, against a gold monster or something, but it feels like a stroll in the park to play him compared to other classes.

yarpen feels really awesome. he feels the most balanced to me. might need a bit luck to draw development cards that give attack, but always feel safe when it comes to defense. and his utility [the gold companion, and exchanging leads for different color] is really amazing.

dandelion feels ok, tho i havent played him much.

what i'd suggest is, lower the attack / defense on geralt development cards, like have igni give 1 attack instead of 2, same for quen. the cards that double defense / attack feel weird, and i dont really know what to think about them. im not creative enough to come up with a way to fix them. maybe i'd make them exchange a number of defense dice to attack, and the other way around.
when it comes to triss, i think i'd have prepare give 2 charges, and make it so lodge ring can be charged, so if you're lucky enough to get it, you can split ur charges between spells. not sure what i'd do about the card that gives another charge for prepare, feels really mandatory, to such an extent, that i'd very rarely use prepare at all without it.

anyhow, that's just my opinion.

I'm agree with you.
I even noticed a lot of people is playing Geralt or Yarpen, and few choose Dandelion or Triss.

Top Bottom