We want remastered Witcher 1!

+
We want remastered Witcher 1!

Dear CDPR!

Please, can you remade First ''The Witcher'' game? You can add some new missions etc. and ofc new graphic, some new locations, new combat system etc.? I think many players started series from TW2 or even TW3 and wanted to play TW1, but due to graphic which is terrible they wont do this.

Yep, we do. Also we want both TW1 and remastered TW2 for Xbox One and ps4. I hope that as soon as you get tired of counting all these money avalanching your way, you'll find time and resources to bring the entire trilogy onto consoles.

Dear CDPR!

Please, can you remade First ''The Witcher'' game? You can add some new missions etc. and ofc new graphic, some new locations, new combat system etc.? I think many players started series from TW2 or even TW3 and wanted to play TW1, but due to graphic which is terrible they wont do this.

If you'd take some time to get into TW1 you'd find that the graphics aren't that horrible at all. Way better than DA:O, for example.

Guest 2001045

I played the beginning of the Witcher just yesterday and I was actually blown away by how good Kaer Morhen looked. Everyone would love remastered W1 and W2, but CDPR is certainly not going to spend that amount of time and money just to improve something that is already amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be really cool if they did remaster W1, but I really don't see that happening. I did another play through the other month and it really didn't seem that dated though (but that's just me)

I've been playing since TW1 and I loved the game; played it through several times, and personally don't believe the game needs a new version. There are things I miss about that old style and the old combat system, even if the new game is simply mindblowing. The first game was a good introduction to the setting and the character of Geralt, it had a good story and I enjoyed the mechanics; I've been contemplating playing it again, though after playing it so many times in the past I fear it'd be too much of a good old thing at this point.

Actually what we want is a remake using TW 2 or 3 engine (kind of what they did with Black Mesa Source), which would take years to make, years of hard work. I gotta tell you that kind of passion is rare; and yes I am talking about non-professionals, because CDPR will never do something like that.

I really really hope something like that gets off the ground but I'm not exactly holding my breath....

Witcher 1 graphics are not 'terrible' and the game is hardly 'unplayable', its console port was an unsalvageable disaster for now-obsolete hardware, and in general the developers have more important work to do. It's going to have to be an off-budget effort.

Now if only CDPR could start Rise of the White Wolf back up
Not going to happen I guess. But there are other potential options.

First there is Xoreos project which works on open re-implementation of the Witcher engine (custom Aurora). See some progress here. If Xbox and PlayStation will become less restricted in the future, this port might end up there. But for that MS and Sony should stop being jerks and should allow using open APIs there.

Second option is some change coming to Xbox One. I've red somewhere they plan to replace Xbox OS with Windows. That might allow running Witcher 1 there.

Third option is Steam Machines. You should be able to play Witcher 1 on those consoles using Wine. This is the easiest one and can be done today already.

Last edited:
Unless they significantly rewrite the plot and some dialogues,i don't want to see it.

Witcher 1 graphics are not 'terrible' and the game is hardly 'unplayable', its console port was an unsalvageable disaster for now-obsolete hardware, and in general the developers have more important work to do. It's going to have to be an off-budget effort.
agreed.
besides, @Benzenzimmern have teased before that they want to release the assets of TW1 and TW2 with the REDkit 2, so it may be possible to have modders do the remaster themselves ^^

I would rather them to fix TW3's big and small things. From old ladies with young hands to postgame Apocalypse

TW1 is good for now. Maybe in 5 years it will be needed to be remastered for next generation gamers

Witcher 1 and 3 are my favourite of the series, they're not as complex in story manipulation but they're the ones that keep to the source material stronger.

Dark Fantasy with a lot of Fairytale and Folklore mixed in, great as a series goes.

While I wouldn't mind a remastered game, I would much prefer either a continuation of Geralts adventures or a prequel to the whole fiasco in Cintra so that the stakes are way down, just taking a job in a backwater town owned by some self appointed lord and attempting to juggle not angering Yenna, again, and trying to get a job done for some incredibly annoying lord which eventually backfires on him.

I want lower stakes, more real situations, well as far as a Sorceress and a mutated human monster slayer can be real.

Maybe an adventure out in the wilderness with Dandelion.

Just a story even closer to the source material now that the big overarching plot has come to a close.

Remastering TW1 isn't really needed, its still good, but I wouldn't sneeze at it if it were to come about - It'd be nice - Also you unfortunate console players don't have the ability to save Adda as it is, if it were to come to console it'd be a nice way to get some better save games, but then it'd also need TW2 on the new consoles and thats probably a lot of work.

I don't need remastered W1... :D

Top Bottom