x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

So it looks like it's been years since anyone has posted on this board, so I will be the first in a loooooong time.

I want to play the first Witcher after playing 2 & 3. But I'm not a keyboard+mouse user. Anyone know of a controller mod or if it works out of the box with a controller?
    We all need Geralt, in our own way. For either to have a snifter of vodka with, or to kill our own personal monsters.

Witcher 1 was made for comupters so it's meant to be played with kb+ m. Long time ago I tried this mod out of curiousity, but I liked kb+ m controls more.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mod...D2803369&pUp=1

Comment

Originally posted by exylon92
      Witcher 1 was made for computers so it's meant to be played with kb+ m. Long time ago I tried this mod out of curiousity, but I liked kb+ m controls more.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mod...D2803369&pUp=1

Thank you for the reply & link. Being 45 and one of the original GenX gamers, you would think I like the kb+m. But my hands never felt comfortable at rest on the keyboard, either left hand set up or right hand. That's the reason I stopped playing Star Trek Online, as well as some of the other online games. So the more I got used to my game system controllers, the more I started using them for my PC. But I never had a good gaming rig until this year and now that I do, I'm still using the controller.

Thanks again for your help.
      We all need Geralt, in our own way. For either to have a snifter of vodka with, or to kill our own personal monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by DontBlnkBadWolf
        Thank you for the reply & link. Being 45 and one of the original GenX gamers, you would think I like the kb+m. But my hands never felt comfortable at rest on the keyboard, either left hand set up or right hand. That's the reason I stopped playing Star Trek Online, as well as some of the other online games. So the more I got used to my game system controllers, the more I started using them for my PC. But I never had a good gaming rig until this year and now that I do, I'm still using the controller.

Thanks again for your help.
        No problem. Glad to be of help. I hope that mod works well enough.

Comment

You can try Steam Controller. It should work with it if you configure it appropriately.

Comment

I just played the Witcher 1 and I too am a controller guy, what I found worked the best. I used a wireless mouse that actually uses a track ball, that way I could use the mouse when needed. And as for the controller; I first used a xbox360 wireless then changed to a DS4 controller hooked up via Bluetooth. I then downloaded the Program "joy to key" this program allowed me to program the buttons of the controller. It actually worked really really good! I set it up as close to the Witcher 3 setup for PS4 .

Comment

Originally posted by DontBlnkBadWolf View Post
              So it looks like it's been years since anyone has posted on this board, so I will be the first in a loooooong time.

?
              Not sure if you still need help with playing with a controller? If so see my post above

Comment

Wow, this got dug up from the past. I was just informed today about your, close to, year old posts.

Yeah, I got a XB1 controller to work for it. It worked quite well, actually. I used XPadder and a profile I found on the Nexus to make it work. I haven't used a PS controller since the first XBox was released and I stopped getting anything from the PS side of gaming. Thanks for the posts, wished I would have been notified before this, I don't like how it made me seam rude, or ignoring your helpful posts.

Comment

Working...
                X