Question abour Flash's Full Combat Rebalance 1.6a

+
Question abour Flash's Full Combat Rebalance 1.6a

Hello everyone. This section is almost abandoned, and perhaps I don't get a single answer, but I haven't found it anywhere on the internet, so I'll try for the last time.
I am thinking about replaying the first Witcher game, using the FCR mod, version 1.6a, but I want the Cat potion to give the original nightvision effect (having previously deactivated the automatic night vision that the mod gives Geralt). In the mod, the Cat potion gives the same effect as the De Vries potion.
I tried messing with some of the files of the mod, using the Djinni editor, in these ways:

- tried to modify the potion_abl.lua file. There I noticed that the cat potion starting and ending actions where blank, so I restored them to the originals (I think it was "nvision_apply" and "nvision_remove")
- tried to replace the file it_potion_013.ncs (that's the cat potion) for it's original (got the original from a set of uncompiled (.nss) scripts released by CD Projekt)
- tried to change the scripting inside the it_potion_013.nss file for the scripting that was in the cvision.nss file that comes with the Stuff that Makes Geralt's Life Easier mod by J_Slash. That mod gives yo an item that turns on and off the night vision, and works with FCR, but if I put it's script in the potion, it still makes de De Vries potion effect.
- tried to change or remove the nvision_apply1.ncs and nvision_remove1.ncs files that come with the mod, since they are compiled and I can't see what's inside.

I think the one who could answer this better would be Flash himself, but he's been inactive in the forum for a long time.
I hope someone can answer the question, or at least give me a hint on where can I continue my search, or what can I try next.

Thank you.

EDIT: Ok, I figured it out. I had to do mainly two things, using Djinni:

- edit the .uti files wich names start with "it_potion013", changing the OnUsed line from "it_potion025" to "it_potion013" (potion 025 is De Vries' Extract).
- modify the potion_abl.lua file, filling the Cat potion starting and ending actions with "nvision_apply" and "nvision_remove", respectively.

The Cat potion now turns off the automatic night vision effect, making the night dark (and full of terrors) again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom