Lady of the lake book/game tie ins

+
Lady of the lake book/game tie ins

I haven't played this game yet but was watching a stream of it. The lady of the lake character in the game mentions this Fisher king and is a goddess in the game. Did they just make this part up or is this actually Nimue from the books. From what I understood in the book Nimue exists in a parallel dimension that ciri visits. Where hers and Geralts story are a legend. It could possible also be the same world or the distant future as Nimue and Condyrwyrmus are trying to piece together what actually happened.

So is the game taking liberties in this part and making stuff up?

I don't think that this is Nimue from the books because she also mentioned Sheenaz, the mermaid from one of the short stories. In my opinion Nimue was just inspiration for devs and lady of the lake in the game is not the same as the character from the books.

Last edited:
So is the game taking liberties in this part and making stuff up?

No but it clearly takes liberty to mess things up. E.g. putting others words into another character's mount, mixing events from books into something that takes place in different circumstances etc. All 3 games are full of references, sometimes to total overkill

Took inspiration from it, Its weird though since its so similar. And one could argue that the whole plot is similar to the books, With Alvin being in the same role as Ciri.

I dont think they expected the game series to get so popular like it is now, Back then i think they just wanted to make a game based on their favorite books.

Top Bottom