Funny Stuff, little secrets, eastereggs...

+
Funny Stuff, little secrets, eastereggs...

Well, this thread is intended for all the non-critical, missable small stuff, eastereggs, jokes and the likes.I'm not to far into the game, about halfway through Chapter 2, but here's what I noticed and wanted to share. Feel free to add ^^1: The detective might seem strangely familiar if you've read any of the "Philip Marlowe"-Novels by Raymond Chandler ;)2: Also, certain things going on in the swamp are a clear nod to the novels and short-stories of H.P. Lovecraft.3: Different from most other NPCs Shani is wearing something more comfortable when she's going to sleep...4: This may be pure coincidence, but on one of the loading screens for Wyzima I noticed a brush stroke on one of the houses that strangely resembles a McDonald's sign ^^

the guy who invented the thing exlosves in this world was called alfred something.and it was not intended for busting walls as someone explain in the tutorial/pre-act 1.probably a referance to alfred nobel who invented the dynamite, his lab exploded , while in the witcher the alfreds lab got burned down.

aretziel said:
the guy who invented the thing exlosves in this world was called alfred something.and it was not intended for busting walls as someone explain in the tutorial/pre-act 1.probably a referance to alfred nobel who invented the dynamite, his lab exploded , while in the witcher the alfreds lab got burned down.
Was just reading about him last night, fairly certain all they did was a vowel switch and called him Alfred Nabel.

Homage to John Williams 'Jaws' theme (the two note base interval signifying the shark lurking).If you listen closely to the music during the cut scene in Act II where the boat is moving away from the docks (from Visima to the Swamps) and the camera focus moves to the surface of the water.Nice touch :)

Candew said:
Homage to John Williams 'Jaws' theme (the two note base interval signifying the shark lurking).If you listen closely to the music during the cut scene in Act II where the boat is moving away from the docks (from Visima to the Swamps) and the camera focus moves to the surface of the water.Nice touch :)
I freaking knew it! Jaws was the first thing I thought when I heard that one.

Regarding the Swamp and the H.P Lowecraft ...The idol in the old ladies house look a bit like chuthulu ...

I'm a lumberjack and i'm okaay....There is a discussion beetween lumberjacks about wild flowers and crossdressing.Monty Python

The first sentence of the description of Dagon is taken from H.P. Lovecraft.Triss Merigold also likes something more comfy for bedtime.

Candew said:
I'm pretty sure I heard someone whistle The Imperial March on the Dike.I'm a thief, but society is to blame. - Monthy Python :)

After knocking down an apponent in boxing minigame Geralt does the same moves as Brad Pit in Snatch

the runes on a sword tempered with temporary runes spell silentrun with what seems to be the futhark-based runic alphabet from ultima.

the hermit talking about the controversial theory is clearly referring to Dan brown and the da vinci code

Every Polish player will loose bladder control when seeing the name of the fist fight champion in act III. Andrew Gablodda, who talks about "magic hit" that he has taken during one fight, when his career fell, and he has to stay incognito covered in shame . It is based on Andrew Golota, polish boxer, who got knockouted by Mike Tyson by just 53 seconds by one strong hit few years back.

Top Bottom