Funny Stuff, little secrets, eastereggs...

+
Heard a Druid whistling a tune from "Star Wars". Also noted part of the story the old Hermit told seemed to echo "The da Vinci Code".

First romance card with Triss, the area her black cat is sitting at in the picture made me laugh out loud. Very obvious what that's meant to represent!

Raymond's connection to old detective novels stood out a mile and I can't help but feel that "the Professor" was modelled to look like David Warner!

Also on a funny note, Geralt was standing by the door of an Inn at one point and when someone opened the door it hit him and nearly knocked him out (he did that grunt/cry out thing), it was the funniest thing I'd seen in a while.

Another thing I found quite hilarious was I was listening in on two villagers talking in the outskirst of Vizima and a peasant woman was speaking in an American accent...up until I clicked her and suddenly she started speaking like she'd just come straight out of London.

Listened to a couple of lumberjacks talking about their hard lives, one claims to like flowers, the other says "and cross-dressing" and the first replies "and hanging around bars" lol. I just pictured this lumberjack hanging around a bar dressed like a woman.

Three things the townspeople/villagers love to discuss: Affairs, personal problems with spouses, and the rain.

In certain high places in chapter 4 if you shoot an igni fireball you can make it go in the air for over a minute before it hits the ground.
You need to be in just the right spot and aim perfectly to get it that long.

It's just fun aiming it and having it go straight up first, you need the F3 (over the head) to see it without the spell failing.

It zooms up for a while before even disappearing; it then falls like a shooting star.
I positioned it right and even got the abandoned shed campfire lit.

I haven't tried it on earlier levels as I didn't think of it then.
I didn't gotten to chapter 5 yet either.

It's funny.
In a few places in CH4 there are a few wolves somewhere.
They just seem to be minding there own business.
I don't like running up to them and having to kill them.

Of course they 're minding their own business, and of course you don't have to run up to them and kill them! A wise thought. Welcome to the forum, by the way. (I 'm going to try the flying Igni very soon).

I know it's a very late response, but i was reading again a bit of this topic, and i realized i didn't answer to Petra back then, who were so kindly explained to me something i asked her. That was not very polite of me.
PetraSilie said:
Golem
The way how to reanimate the Golem was taken from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and the legend of this rabbi who created an artificial human being
Yes, you are right! Of course it's very similar. Thank you.

And, about this:
PetraSilie said:
Of course you are right... after such intense fight the armour eventuelly gets scratches.... this is realistic. But I wonder why Geralts previous armours remain always the same no matter how hard he fights or spend hours in the muddy swamp forest or even stinky sewers
Meh... It was just my exaggerating imagination. I saw afterward that Raven's armor had that scratch from the beginning. There are no two different models for this armor, one new and one worn. :rolleyes:

GuyN said:
I know the connection between the Sephirot stones in Act II and the Kabbalah has been mentioned both here and in the Wiki, but what struck me is the detail the developers went to in making the connection.

The names are cognate, with a bit of stretching: Maal'kad = Malkuth, Veen'ah = Binah, etc.
The attributes are the same, Maal'kad = Malkuth = Kingdom, etc.

But there's more:

The map of the obelisks in the swamp is the same as the Kabbalah Tree of Life, rotated to put the root (Malkuth) near the brickmakers' village and the crown (Keter) at the druids' grove. The remaining eight obelisks are in correct relation.

The title of the book "Ain Soph Aur", which decodes the Sephirot, means "Infinite [Eternal, Limitless] Light", which in Kabbalah is the first of the veils between the world, in which time and space have meaning, and the Godhead, which is beyond measure or comprehension.

Now it would be all neat and tidy if the Tower was at the position of Da'at, where the ten Sephirot unite, but it isn't. The only landmark close to where Da'at should be is the Golem's Graveyard, and old Stoneface wouldn't be much of a fitting Unification of all ten attributes of the Godhead.

Though the name is reversed (it should be "Ohr Ein Sof"). Authors obviously either found someone to a degree knowledgeable in the subject to consult them, or someone of them is knowledgeable enough. There are more than a few hints around. Gnomish mystical knowledge is hinting to Kabbalah in the game. Kalkstein is given a resemblance of a Jewish alchemist plus he wrote a book on animating the golem, which is also part of Kabbalistic esoteric tradition. The word "golem" stands for "protoelement", out of which other elements evolve, so artificial creature is given a borrowed name to hint to that process.

Putting golem with hinting to Daat can be logical, since golem is the guardian to the tower, so essentially that place is mostly connected to the tower. Consistency ends on that however, since one could expect golem to play some role when all obelisks are activated, before actually entering the tower, but that's not the case.

Top Bottom