The beast (yes, again)

+
The beast (yes, again)

I've recently bought the game, had a lot of fun in act 1, until I got to the beast.

The cutscene starts, wether you interrupt it or not doesnt matter for my problem.
I then get a several second scene of the camera just flying over the field, whlst the sound indicates the fight has already started.
When I finally get control of my character I am already surrounded and stunned by bargheist. I can get maybe one or two hits in, but they keep stunning me and preventing me from using signs. I have seen people use Aard to stun the beast and one-hit it, but I cannot do this because my casting of Aard is interrupted by the attacks of the whole pack of dogs.

Out of desperation I tried it once with the villagers. success on the first try because the dogs do not all dogpile me but spread around. Thus I am not perma stunned and can easily win the fight. I'll probably continue with this option regardless of the fact that I hate having to choose the villagers over Abigail. The poor girl will have to be sacrificed for the sake of actually continuing the game. I hope the rest of the fights isn't so bugged. Yes, bugged, because see below.

BTW I looked at YT videos of this battle and other people do not have this problem, they get control of Geralt before they are surrounded and stunned. Since I have a pretty powerful laptop that can easily run this game there must be something wrong, but what........?? Any ideas are welcome of course, but I mostly just had to get this off my chest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom