Berengar's Secret - Coleman (SPOILER)

+

kzrno

Forum regular
Berengar's Secret - Coleman (SPOILER)

Hi everybody, I'am just in secong chapter in The Witcher. At first I did Coleman's quest. After that Coleman disappeared, so the bartender said me where I fing him. Later I was talking with Talar and he said me about Coleman. So I found Coleman and he said me about Vincent ... then I wanted ask him about Berengar, but there weren't any dialogue option. Later Coleman died. Now I have still active quest Berengar's Secret with part Coleman - “I need find Coleman, he's in the pub.” A also spoke with Kalkstein about Berengar, but in the diary is still part Coleman. Can I continue or it's a bug and i can't finish this quest? Thanks.

kzrno said:
Hi everybody, I'am just in secong chapter in The Witcher. At first I did Coleman's quest. After that Coleman disappeared, so the bartender said me where I fing him. Later I was talking with Talar and he said me about Coleman. So I found Coleman and he said me about Vincent ... then I wanted ask him about Berengar, but there weren't any dialogue option. Later Coleman died. Now I have still active quest Berengar's Secret with part Coleman - “I need find Coleman, he's in the pub.” A also spoke with Kalkstein about Berengar, but in the diary is still part Coleman. Can I continue or it's a bug and i can't finish this quest? Thanks.

First time I hear this issue, anyway you aren't actually forced to meet Coleman for this quest, it's just an alternative approach. Several quests also tend to just continue to update if you "unlock" a notice which is further on in the quest. So I'm almost 100% certain that this quest can be updated like normal.

However here's two tricks related to Berengar you could try and test it for yourself which shouldn't take too long to see if this is actually the case.

1. Talk with Vaska in the swamp, one of the conversation option will unlock further information about Berengar that is later on in the quest than the objective to see Coleman, see if it updates after that.

2. There's a certain battle between two parties in the swamp as well (once you have advanced a little in the main story), after completing that quest you will also unlock further information about Berengar.

These two options should go pretty fast and you wouldn't loose much progress by checking that, but as I said the quest should continue as normal once further information about Berengar is revealed so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

kzrno

Forum regular
I talked to Vaska and she said me Berengar is dead. And the quest information changed. So problem is solved, thank you.

kzrno

Forum regular
:D I already played The Witcher once so I know I'll meet Berengar later but problem with this quest I had for first time ...

Jobbert said:
Spoiler much?
Thanks for pointing that out; I've edited ISL's post to add spoiler tags.

Jobbert said:
:D I already played The Witcher once so I know I'll meet Berengar later but problem with this quest I had for first time ...
Yes, but you aren't the only person who will read this thread; we don't want to spoil the game for those who are playing for the first time. ;)

I'm also moving this thread to the Act 2 section.

this is my first time play it. and i am now looking forward to meeting berengar. but won't be as surprised if found out on my own. :p

horsebot3000 said:
this is my first time play it. and i am now looking forward to meeting berengar. but won't be as surprised if found out on my own. :p/>
I'd recommend not reading the forum until you've finished the game unless you get stuck or have a question. The forum is a great place to come when you need help, and it's a great place to come to discuss the game once you've finished it, but there are LOTS of spoilers here.

Alright I actually have a question about Coleman related to this. I know after speaking with Thaler, once you get him to say he got the silver sword/Berengars things, from a regular at the Inn (Coleman), then you can drink with him, and get an option to join his drunken song. That then leads him to laugh and talk about how he got the stuff from brickmakers.

Now I have done this before on a couple playthroughs (still never finished), but this time after talking with Thaler I get no such option. I am trying to find out why. I have engaged in all dialogues, including drinking with Thaler, had a chat with Vivaldi (suspect closed until further evidence), then taken Kalsteins quest. Could anything there have removed that option? I have been told the silver sword came from a gambler in the Inn, but not yet spoken to him.

Any ideas? I know the quest will continue alright, once I get to the swamp, so nothing detrinmental to my game.

Top Bottom