[ACT III] The Kikimore queen and her cave

+
Sometimes you can jump OVER the little kickimores. If you jump over even a single one, it helps, because the Queen only attacks you if she's right behind you. If there's a little kickimore between you and her, she mostly can't get to you.

If you take a Full Moon potion (which doubles your hit points), it helps, because it means that you can survive one hit from the Queen. That gives you room to screw up once and still keep going.

Guest 2081505

It's a question of 45 seconds if you do it right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfLwT2wWU08

But there are many other possibilities, for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YZCNAkG0wQ

I remember doing this like 5 times, trying to kill all the Kikimores before I figured it out, lol. Great boss fight.

Xhondo said:
I am at this problem now which beam should I be hitting?
No "beams", the wooden support that keep up the cealing of the cave. When the Kikimore queen pops up, Geralt enters the tunnel and says something like if the wooden reinforcements are destroyed, the cave will fall on the giant bug head, killing her instantly.
There are three series of them in the tunnel, before the largest cave (where the queen dies). Ignore the small kikimores and hit them with Aard.

I just now managed to complete the quest. I ran like a football player ( not something I can do in RL) and managed to get past the hordes of spiders while dropping the archways. My mouth dropped, I couldn't believe I actually had done the quest. Thank you everyone for your help it made a difference.

I finally got through this after countless attempts. It seems it's all down to timing and perhaps luck and speed. These seemed to be key:

ensure you are set up with fast steel so you can move quickly wnough
take out the props for the first 2 doorways (ensure correct accuracy and timing)
run fast as you can through the big room, avoiding getting blocked and swarmed by kikimores
get beyond the supports and then hit them (I hit 2 and possibly 3) then run away!

I'd got right through a couple of times before but died when the roof collapsed even though I got the end of quest text - this time I avoided that.

It all just seemed to come right on this attempt.

Explorer said:
Here is what I think is, the best way to kill the Kikkimore Queen.1. Prepare your aard sign and silver sword.2. run into the tunnel and go to where it says "body"3. Knock down the pillar you just ran through (the second one)4. From here, kill off any kikkimore workers that are around. You can take your time. The queen will never come through. But make sure you don't advance further into the tunnel.5. Loot the dead body. There is a yellow moon rune here.6. Run through the rest of the tunnel as quick as possible, turn around, and hit the pillar with the aard sign. Most of the other kikkimore should despawn.7. Run to the other side and hit the whole cave with aard again.8. Wait.I think a lot of people probably miss out on the dead body or spend a lot of time fighting kikkimore workers to get into the cave. This way, you get the loot and waste minimal time on fighting.

This seems to be working though. In my opinion you should run through the tunnel as fast as you can, casue its "time Trial". you dont need to kills kikimora's on ur way as they all will die after the tunnel collapses

Wolf

Thank you soo much, ive been stuck because i thought i was to stay on the side that the kikimore queen was on and that i should pull down the barrier to stop the small kikimores from interrupting our battle

hope it's ok to post in this thread even though it's pretty old...it keeps coming up when you google different variations of "Help Kikimore Queen is kicking my arse"!

I died SO many times. Eventually I got through the main bit by just Aarding the second lot of support beams in the corridor so that I was by the corpse (good loot!) stayed there and used group silver to kill a whole lot of kikimore workers, making sure not to cross the threshold into the main room. Then I saved, then spent many reloads running into the main cave, jumping over the little spidery fiends and hugging the right wall until reaching the corridor, going in, turning around and Aarding the supports by the corridor entrance (making sure not to get too close) and then getting to the far end of the corridor and saving again.

This is where I had the same bug that has been mentioned here, where regardless of where Geralt was standing, he died. He would talk about how the he should probably gut the Kikimore Queen, and then promptly die...out of sympathy, maybe

after many reloads, I ended up just running at the Kikimore Queen as the ceiling was collapsing and casting Aard at her out of spite

and somehow, it actually WORKED! Finally made it out. So if anyone else has this problem of Geralt dying at the thought of a cave-in at the other end of the corridor, maybe try a suicidal Aard attack!

Guest 2081505

If anyone has problems with the kikimore queen it's best to ignore the pillars, the kikimore workers and the yellow moonrune.

Immediately after the cutscene, Geralt should draw his sword and switch to quick style (He will run faster; this minimizes the number of emerging kiki workers!). Geralt runs through the tunnel, jumping over the minikikis (Double tap "W"). He crosses the big cave reaching the opposite tunnel. Here he turns around and casts Aard. Done.

Btw.: The yellow rune is pretty uninteresting at this point. You are reaching chapter IV - with enough money and better gear.

Top Bottom