Berengar

+
Berengar

I killed him on the island in murky waters. He was a traitor back stabbing bitch. I agree the witchers abused him so I understand why he abandoned them, sold out to Salamandra, and let them perform tests on him for coin. But when he told Azar Jarved where Kharmoren was he went too far.

His recklessness almost caused the doom of the world with the grandmaster's mutants and led to a war in the streets of Vizima between the scoitelle and the Flaming rose, although such a conflict was already imminent, Berengar threw the match in the wood pile.

Salamandra could find a different way even without him,berengar confessed and was sorry for what he did,so i didnt kill him although he was kind of scumbag when i first met him,oh and also he is a half bro :p/>/>.

You make this sound as if he planned all that by himself...he was just a puppet,azar had plenty of those.

No I didn't. In any of my playthroughs. He made some serious mistakes but in the end came clean and told Geralt everything. Killing him would've changed nothing.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”

-Gandalf

Of course not. Good grace, some people... ( ;)/> )
So I take it you never found out that Berengar
will come to aid you in the final fight against Azar, if you let him go and sympathize with his point of view? He's not bad. He just felt that he had been forced against his will to do things, to be a person he never wanted to be.

It would be a nice touch if Berengar made a small appearance in TW3, at least that's my opinion.

M4xw0lf said:
It would be a nice touch if Berengar made a small appearance in TW3, at least that's my opinion.

That'd be kinda hard considering
he dies no matter what happens (glitches aside)

I did both but on my canon playthrough I didnt kill him. He isnt bad, he is a whiny bitch though and I understand his point of view in a way.

In my canon I let him live. Yeah he betrayed the other witchers and deserved to die, but he is sorry and does confess. Him coming to your aid against Azar Javed redeemed his sins in my eyes.

Using that future knowledge for my canon playthrough, I decided he should die with dignity aiding a brother rather than dying shamefully by the hands of one.

Even though I made it a point to kill every damn squirrel I come across, I am not into killings. I prefer to spare or save people (cannibals and vampires excluded). So I listened to him, and even sympathized. He had courage to come clean, and I let him live. What good would his death by my hand do anyway? It won't return mutagens or bring Leo back from the dead. He came around and helped me later. It means I was right - he was not completely lost, and did not deserve to die by my hand.

Had no reason to kill him, killing him wouldn't bring leo back. One can argue that he should have some punishment,i say that his life is enough of a punishment for him.

He lives in my games except the first one and the one where I played Geralt as a heartless bastard. To me, Geralt consciously refuses to be judge, jury, or executioner. Though he would not "understand" Berengar's apparent cowardice, neither would he see it as his place to condemn him for it. And his version of "do not judge" is vindicated when Berengar turns up to fight against Azar Javed.

M4xw0lf said:
Of course not. Good grace, some people... ( ;)/>/> )
So I take it you never found out that Berengar
will come to aid you in the final fight against Azar, if you let him go and sympathize with his point of view? He's not bad. He just felt that he had been forced against his will to do things, to be a person he never wanted to be.

Officially he died in that battle.

Um. The title of the thread is a bit spoilery. Just saying.

In any case, no I didn't kill the poor soul. At first I really wanted to but then I listened to his story. And I sympathized with him. It was such a subtle yet impactfull quest. The guy was a man he had no desire to be. And him "betraying" us at Kaer Morhen was basically him making a decision that was his. He was autonomous. Free to make that decision.

But that's not the only awesome thing about the character. Now, it's been a while I played the Witcher 1 so I might not remember the exact details but from what I can recall, he struggled with his choice but at the same time didn't seem all that remorseful. It looked like he didn't understand the concept of responsibility. He's finally made his own choice but he doesn't really know how to cope with it. When we parted ways on the beach, he seemed to walk away a bit sad but mostly just confused.

Again though, long time ago since I played the game. I do remember that I really liked the character. From the moment I met him. I saw a lot of myself in him. Cool dude.

I hope he doesn't make a return in Witcher 3. Mostly because I just don't want RED to ruin the character. And also because I don't want any mindless fan service to be in there.

DonSwingKing said:
Officially he died in that battle.
Huh? Really. That's canon? Hm. I hope it isn't but if it is, well that sucks.

As a side note, I don't like it when RPG developers have a canon in their stories. These games are supposed to be OUR games. Our individual stories. We are as much authors in them as they are. That's the beautiful thing about games. There are two storytellers, two creators, the player and the developer. But that's another issue for another time.

FoggyFishburne said:
Um. The title of the thread is a bit spoilery. Just saying.

In any case, no I didn't kill the poor soul. At first I really wanted to but then I listened to his story. And I sympathized with him. It was such a subtle yet impactfull quest. The guy was a man he had no desire to be. And him "betraying" us at Kaer Morhen was basically him making a decision that was his. He was autonomous. Free to make that decision.

But that's not the only awesome thing about the character. Now, it's been a while I played the Witcher 1 so I might not remember the exact details but from what I can recall, he struggled with his choice but at the same time didn't seem all that remorseful. It looked like he didn't understand the concept of responsibility. He's finally made his own choice but he doesn't really know how to cope with it. When we parted ways on the beach, he seemed to walk away a bit sad but mostly just confused.

Again though, long time ago since I played the game. I do remember that I really liked the character. From the moment I met him. I saw a lot of myself in him. Cool dude.

I hope he doesn't make a return in Witcher 3. Mostly because I just don't want RED to ruin the character. And also because I don't want any mindless fan service to be in there.

Well the game's been out for like 7 fucken years now and I would asume only diehard fans would frequint this forum so I don't give a shit if it spoils it or not. And Frankly I think such abstract "spoilers" give fiction an era of mystic to people who know nothing about a particular series.

Moderator: If you really don't give a shit about whether you spoil the game for people or not, and you have to curse in order to express your contempt, you really need to chill out before the moderators have to force you to do so.

The topic has been moved. No further comments on whether the title is a spoiler or whether it is within the forum rules to post spoilers in the general forum (it isn't) will be permitted.

Top Bottom