[EPILOGUE] Alvin is the Grand Master?

+
Stockholm (Salamandra) Syndrome?

I think the whole scenario was a finely crafted ruse created by the purient Order in contrast to romantic tales and prophecies of nonhumans. An ethnic cleansing justified by greed and paranoia. Alvin was an agent of this through the Grand Masters' manipulation to incriminate the nonhumans as the perpetrators of humanities devolution by using him as a conduit of his power to sow the Elven Prophecy of Ithlinne. The humans would respond to the nonhumans' stories as a threat to their future, therefor justifying the purge of all things non-order. A similar trick to that which The Reverend tried in The Outskirts to expunge non-racists and magical threats.

The amulet I think is part of the emotional manipulation the Grand Master had hoped to spell Geralt with, as Geralt becomes the hero figure to Alvin, maybe Geralt would offer piety in the Grand Masters conjecture (instead of a Silver Sword.)

A brainwashed warchild makes more sense to me than The Loopers' plot-line ^.^

I am almost convinced that Alvis is the GM,but there is a small thing i don't understand,regarding physics:

Alvin teleported at the end of act IV.So,if Alvin=GM,then he had to go back in time,so he could grow up and become GM by the time the game takes place.

It is also known that the GM actually manipulated the salamandra.

But,the Salamandra chased Alvin during the game.So,why did the GM chase himself?And how can there be two Alvins at the same time?Finally,i think i heard the GM's name around act II...

Other than that,everything else points that GM=Alvin.And since this is a cliffhanger that won't be explored again,i like to accept this theory.

I am almost convinced that Alvis is the GM,but there is a small thing i don't understand,regarding physics:

Alvin teleported at the end of act IV.So,if Alvin=GM,then he had to go back in time,so he could grow up and become GM by the time the game takes place.

It is also known that the GM actually manipulated the salamandra.

But,the Salamandra chased Alvin during the game.So,why did the GM chase himself?And how can there be two Alvins at the same time?Finally,i think i heard the GM's name around act II...

Because he knew that it had to happen that way because it HAD happened? It was the sequence of events that led to him unlocking his ability to time-travel. Fairly common in time-travel stories.

On there being two at once, time-travel tradition seems mixed on it. They never actually met each other, so it would probably have been safe in most versions of such stories.

Top Bottom