[EPILOGUE] Alvin is the Grand Master?

+
Well, I don't wanna look like a nitpicking jerk,
but couldn't Alvin return just as he had gone. Not that I want him back, or hope he will but I think it seems possible.
. Also this topic should be moved to the story section. Dangerous spoilers for people currently playing the game.

@e-ahmet
I think you eliminated all chance of Alvin's return when you...uh....gutted him with your silver sword...

You can talk freely now, you left the non-spoiler area ;-)Alvin won't appear in the sequel, I guess I read it somewhere in an interview or a TW" FAQ?If he does I think his story will distract new players who haven't played the first game. The Alvin / de Aldersberg case is too comprehensive for a minor tier in TW2.

Drag0ntamer said:
@ Petra: Ah :( I wish that were not true but I can see your point.
Why would you want Alvin to return? Even as a child he was a pain. And as an adult he was the devil himself.

It has not been confirmed if he was the grand master or not to my knowledge. I'd like him to return because my Geralt was like a father to him and had grown attached to him.

I'm almost sure that TW2 will touch upon Alvin/GM plot but chances of meeting Alvin/GM are very very low. And it's not because he was killed at the end of The Witcher. I will try to explain my opinion on this matter:To understand why Alvin won't make a return we have to try to grasp to concept of time. Easiest way to explain this is to assume that time is a river and it flows in one direction so we cannot reverse it but a source like Alvin can jump around points in time however they are still bound by their destiny. If time is indeed a river than we can assume that all the points in time take place all the time (e.g When Geralt defeats GM at the same moment but at a different point in time Alvin in Murky Waters moves back in time and at the same moment Geralt at a different point in time is found alive and so on. Because At all times at a all points in the river of time there is water that fills it). So GM in our point in time ( When we as the players play the game) is Alvin that comes from a different point in time. A point at which he was a little boy in Murky Waters. When he disappeared ha traveled to our point in time and became the Grand Master. So GM that we kill is Alvin from a future point in time and our Alvin is yet to become the GM. So why we won't be able to see Alvin again? Because we are already past the point of his death in the river of time. This raises another question: What if Alvin from our time (after he went back to the past to become GM) figured out that he would fail and die, wouldn't he be able to change his fate? No... and yes. He wouldn't be able to change it because it is his destiny, no matter how hard you try you cannot avoid it but if we take it from another angle and presume that yes we can change destiny and yes Alvin could change his fate and survive it still wouldn't affect our point in time because it is already past the moment where GM died and we cannot reverse the flow of the river of time. If Alvin manged to find out what fate has in store for him then at the point where he found out the time would split. The river would split into 2 streams creating 2 separate timeliness which would result in parallel universe being created because it would lead to completely different events that could not happen in the original stream of the river. This means that if Alvin ever found out about his death in the future and such he wouldn't be able to travel to the point in future where our Geralt lives because he is now following a different direction from the original timeline. So any other Alvin's in the river of time will either follow the original river and die or divert at one point and enter the new parallel universe.Even if our Alvin went back to a point in the original river to stop himself from creating the parallel universe and succeeded thus destroying the new parallel universe it would just lead to yet another split and creation of a new universe. Even if he went way back to the beginning out time and tried changing something there it would not have any effect on our point in time. I hope everyone understands this overly complex idea of mine. xD

Third playthrough here. Just got into chapter 5, meeting the grand master in the swamps. The subtext of what he says to Geralt is just brilliant, and leaves no doubt in my mind that Alvin is the grand master. He's teasing him about Geralt's indecision, his unwillingness to take a stance, and Geralt repeatedly replies that he doesn't understand. It's just amazing what I've missed in my previous playthroughs because my habit of not paying close attention to dialog.

we can suspect that he is, some important things like the necklace, skills, seeing the future and maybe some of the lines reforce that, i think it ll be explain in TW2.... but it is a nice plot twist.

The King of the Wild Hunt alludes to the Grand Master having another identity if you choose the second option of letting him take his soul, he doesn't outright say it though.

I'd reckon the Alvin/Grandmaster identity crisis is more easily explained as a ruse to start the mob into hysteria about the Prophecy. The lost boy mentioned in Chapter V could be the original Alvin that the Grandmaster used to kickstart the political battle, all the information relaying back to the GM and used against Geralt as emotional collaterol, which Geralt dismisses as words once he's in dialogue with the KotWH. With the Grandmaster alluded to knowing Triss a bit better than the other Officials, maybe the Sisters are more conceited in the aftermath of the Nilfheim war and Triss an effective agent in a more ellaborate plot.

Personally I dismissed the whole temporal loop thing, there were too many political aspects for that scenario and I feel it'd be tantamount to the "t'was all just a dream" ending type.

Noting the former, it'd be a strange case of Babysitter blues for the GM to "know" Triss. In the end (at least the Neutral ending) Triss became the new advisor to Foltest, a very prestigious post, in unusual circumstances.

I haven't played TW2 o_O

Alvin could be Grand master, but there are some facts which are against it. Alvin should hate Salamandra more than elves. They have chased him all time and Salamandra also wanted to kill people who have helped him. So why would Alvin /GM cooperate with this organisation? Why should GM hide his identity when he met Gerald and even before death?

The final murder doesn´t make sense to me at all and I am missing choice here. I also think that the last part of this game was finished in hurry and so there are some clues lead to nowhere and some other are missing. One of this moments may be appearing Alvin on Ice Plains. The game stops and than ... nothing happens.

Top Bottom