Who is the assasin at the end of the game?

+
Who is the assasin at the end of the game?

I played through the Witcher two times and both left me confused at the end. Geralt sweeps in the King's room and saves him from an assasin. After killing him, he reveals the guy's face. Geralt is shocked by the mysterious assasin's identity. Who is he?

We don`t know "who" he is. The only thing we know is that he is an assassin bent on killing the king (why and for who ?). We also know that he has witcherlike abilities notice the eyes at the end this i think is what stuns Geralt and not the fact that he recognizes him remember he has amnesia. Is the assassin a product of Azar Javed and the stolen secrets? Is he a member of some secret sect of witchers as i don`t think ALL witchers can be like our Geralt? Berengar will do as an example. So i guess we will have to wait and see what develops in W2

That makes sense. I didn't notice his eyes at all, I was too intent on his face as a whole. I tried to remember anyone who appeared in the game that looked like the assassin.Maybe that will be clarified in TW2, I mean, it's name is Assassins of Kings. The thing that bugged me was the look on Geralt's face when he saw him. Maybe, you're right and he did remember him. That could mean that his memory is coming back. He didn't recognize Zoltan, Dandelion, Shani or anyone throughout the game. If he's starting to get flashes from his past, yay for Geralt.

Tikky said:
That makes sense. I didn't notice his eyes at all, I was too intent on his face as a whole. I tried to remember anyone who appeared in the game that looked like the assassin.Maybe that will be clarified in TW2, I mean, it's name is Assassins of Kings. The thing that bugged me was the look on Geralt's face when he saw him. Maybe, you're right and he did remember him. That could mean that his memory is coming back. He didn't recognize Zoltan, Dandelion, Shani or anyone throughout the game. If he's starting to get flashes from his past, yay for Geralt.
Well being that TW2 is called Assassin of Kings that we mite fine the answer soon.Also you make a good point there about Geralts mite have recognize him the Dev did touch on his memory coming back how much of that memory will still need to be seen .

it had to be a witcher.maybe it's the one that is referred to (by shani and the lebioda hospital gardener) when geralt is trying to confirm where the silver sword came from in act II?either that or it's berengar; who isnt really dead.or it could just be a salamander left over who used the kahr moren stolen secrets to make himself a witcher.

Well i`m glad this is still alive. I recently started yet another playthrough and why would i do that you ask simply put no matter how many times i play it i NEVER get tired of it.Anyway to get back to the topic . In the prolog when Geralt is talking to Vesemir, he replies to a question "There were 3 witcher schools in all but it has been long since i have heard word of the other 2". So maybe the assassin is a witcher from one of the other witcher schools it`s also possible that this assassin is one of the last remnants of the "lost" schools and therefore has no "witchers code" to live by.

We will solve two issues in this case about the mysterious assassin in TW2:# Who is this assassin and who pulls the strings in the background?# Why and how are the Witchers involved in this ambush?:eek:

tommy5761 said:
So maybe the assassin is a witcher from one of the other witcher schools it`s also possible that this assassin is one of the last remnants of the "lost" schools and therefore has no "witchers code" to live by.
I think the latter. In the cutscene where Geralt fights this mysterious Assassin it's obvious that he has his own style of fighting different from the ordinary Witcher styles. He uses 2 small daggers in a very fast and fierce fighting style (Geralt actually struggles keeping up with him). Despite the fact that he seems to be very much like Geralt and the other Witchers of Kaer Morhen I wonder if he had ever even fought monsters or was he just engineered for the sole purpose of assassinating humans?.. Thus it would be wrong to call him a Witcher. Maybe one of the lost schools has gone rogue, abandoned the code and is offering the service of these mutants to the highest bidder..

There's a looooong thread, going back years, where people have been speculating about who the assassin in. Some people swear that it's Berengar, others swear that it's Lambert, still others claim that it's Geralt himself (either a clone or some sort of time-paradox thing -- who says that whoever raised Geralt from the dead raised only ONE of them?). Then there's the Salamandra-used-the-stolen-secrets-to-make-their-own-witchers crowd, the other-witcher-school crowd, and on and on.You know what? A good writer could make it turn out to be any of these. :) And CDPR has some very good writers. I'm glad that we'll be getting some answers, six or seven months from now.

eskiMoe said:
eskiMoe said:
I'm glad that we'll be getting some answers, six or seven months from now.
Awww, 6-7 months... That's eternity :S
That it is but it gives us that much time to come up with a solution of our own to see how close we can come to getting it right

tommy5761 said:
tommy5761 said:
tommy5761 said:
That it is but it gives us that much time to come up with a solution of our own to see how close we can come to getting it right
I guess so.. :/

tommy5761 said:
tommy5761 said:
tommy5761 said:
Discussing the assassin's possible identity is a fine old pastime among Witcher fans, and you should certainly have your turn. :) You might want to take a look at the Ending Cutscene/Cinematic Discussion thread, which will probably suggest some things you might not have thought of on your own.Some people are sure it's Berengar. And some are sure it's Lambert. And others are sure it's Geralt himself.Personally, I'm sure that I don't know, though I have my guesses. :)

I don't think it's Berengar. We, who played The Wiitcher 1 and met Berengar know the person. It may be interesting for us to have him convicted as the assassin in TW2. For all new players Berengar is just a name... what's so special about him?...We don't know much about the other Witcher schools. CDPR doesn't adapt the Witcher novels, they just take characters from there and make their own story. Maybe they create their own story around a Witcher school.

PetraSilie said:
We don't know much about the other Witcher schools. CDPR doesn't adapt the Witcher novels, they just take characters from there and make their own story. Maybe they create their own story around a Witcher school.
And as the mystery man says to Iorweth in the trailer, "It's a long story." :)

Yes! ... all these jibes in the TW2 materials. I'm pretty curious to learn about the connection between the kingslayer and Geralt O_O

I know this is a very off the wall guess, but to me his face looks like Leo, who I know died but, so did Geralt.. and so did Rayla, Leo died by the hands of the professor as well, Leo can not do sign magic as he broke his fingers in training.

The would-be assassin has a scar on his chin that Leo did not have; for that matter, his jawline is not very much like Leo's.If you play the Prologue through again, you will see that Leo's face is distinctive. And even though the faces in the outro are not quite the same as the in-game faces, the face of the would-be assassin is not much like Leo's.

I can't believe all the ludicrous theories behind the mysterious assassin. You're all looking too much into it: the final surprise(as emphasised by the camera) was not the assasin's face(which looks nothing like Geralt, Berengar or Lambert) but his EYES. Cat-like eyes, which means the assassin is a witcher. Which means someone finally succeeded in re-discovering the mutation process.

Top Bottom