[EPILOGUE] Which boss is toughest?

+
[EPILOGUE] Which boss is toughest?

Which boss you think is the toughest?I mean the overall difficulty of the boss fightI would vote for Koschey, it's the only boss that can hurt me bad enough to use a white raffle decortion. Grand master and King of Wild Hunt are rather disappointing, so as many other bosses. I beat most without using a potion in normal difficulty. I expect they to put off a better fight.Other Monsters with Name refers to miniboss such as Nadir. Please specify when you vote this option.

I found the beast to be the toughest, but only when choosing to protect abigail (with the villagers it's a piece of cake because you can drag the beast out of the barghest spawning zone then). It does pretty hefty damage for such a low level and the extra barghests spawning will eat away additional hitpoints fast enough for your swallow potion not to keep you alive, so you have to run around a lot and try to stay away from their fangs and wait for abigail to get up again in order to regenerate health, particularly when you get stunned by the beast that's pretty damn hard and at that level you don't have very high defenses yet.I killed nearly all the other bosses on my first attempt (all except Javed). The first time I killed the golem didn't even do it with the lightning pillars, because I thought I had to pull the guy to the tower itself (according to some information I got about the thing, I think from kalkstein). I just fought it using swallow and that potion that slows everything down and increases your defenses by a lot, and when that potion ran out, I just ran around and blasted the thing with igni. It's slow anyway. He is.. too easy :pThe Koschey I didn't have many problems with.. just used Swallow and that was just enough to keep me alive through the fight.The only other fight I did have some problems with was Azar Javed. The damage he does seems somewhat random, so sometimes he just totally wrecked me, but after a couple of tries I got one attempt where he didn't do much at all and then I nailed him. I did use all the tricks I had up my sleeve to finish him quickly by the way.. Swallow, Tawny Owl, that potion to reduce knockdown, rubedo, albedo, nigredo and and the strongest rune on my weapon.Funnily enough, most of the times I got in trouble during fights wasn't while fighting the bosses at all. Large groups of 'weak' enemies were usually a lot harder, even in group style, and I did die frequently in those.The reason I found the beast harder than Javed is because at the beast I didn't have all the 'tools' available. Otherwise he would've been easy too.

King of the Wild Hunt in 4th act was invulnerable for me, but I wasn't killed by him.Kikimore Queen was more difficult because she was both invulnerable for me and I got killed by one hit.But soon I'm going to play again on hard difficulty and I won't let them pass;}.

The kikimore queen was easy.. just drink a swallow potion and get yourself surrounded by stupid little insects who do barely any damage and she cant touch you, then make your way towards the pillars, use aard and run into the cave. Easiest boss ever :p

Hmm... I wanted to say - killing Kikimore queen with sword, sorry;). And this is a bit difficult.

Yes, I found two posts about it, one at international forum and one at polish forum... guy from international found a narrow gap(?) in the cave where queen appears, from which he did her what he wanted to while being unreachable by her, and guy from polish forum used three potions(I don't know english names - one for increasing amount of energy points with albedo, one for faster energy points regenerating with rubedo and this one for bullet-time(blizzard?) with nigredo), oil against insectoids and igni sign(3rd lv) with ability to burn opponent - then he got patinado which gave him +40/60% to damage... He said he fought less than one minute on medium difficulty level.. Nice:)... And I would like to do something like he did but on hard level, and maybe with "common" silver sword..;)

You must have went thru it on easy because the Koschey is by far the toughest with all the damage it does in one hit, even swallow can't help on hard, especially since the sword does next to zero damage, the beast is a piece of cake hit it with the the air sign stun it and chop it's head off, I kill it everytime on the first cast of that sign.

It was on medium... I finished him the first time I ever fought him and had just a little bit of health left when I did. Also, I'm not one to stand still and hit the thing and just wait till it drops dead. Naturally I run around, dodge, etc. when I'm low on health so I can regenerate hp from Swallow. Since the Koschey does not have any special attacks that stun or w/e, he's not as hard as Javed or the Beast, but I'd say he's third hardest.As for killing the beast with aard, for me it was always highly resistant (even with 2 ranks + stun in it), when I used aard early on it he would just be knocked back slightly then immediately stand up. Can't use aard effectively until much later in the fight, and then indeed that's the way to kill it. But that takes a while of surviving and hitting the thing while youre being stunned/incinerated and eaten.Now playing through the game on hard. The Koschey might be more difficult there I don't know. Only one way to find out..

crap i meant to say that the golem or that crab thing was the hardest :( somehow i said king of the wild hunt the kilimore queen was hard but i mostly just kept killing myself when i tried blocking the way :( keep crushing myself and for the golem...i keep stiking myself with lightning :(

I voted for the beasts. Why? It was the first boss battle and I didn't know what to expect or the special way to one hit it, which after knowing that it became the easiest :) After that battle and more gameplay I bacame awre of how to handle situation better, and be more prepared. Having poitions oils etc makes the other bosses easy compared to that first few times trying to take on the beast without them. I have yet to play hard, am waiting for patch before doing that. I'd say the kikomore queen was the second hardest because the first cave in kept on falling on me haha. Once I knew that was bugged and moved on to break second one instead it became second easiest boss. I didn't die against any other boss so can't say they were harder :)

Kaeldorn said:
I found the beast to be the toughest, but only when choosing to protect abigail (with the villagers it's a piece of cake because you can drag the beast out of the barghest spawning zone then). It does pretty hefty damage for such a low level and the extra barghests spawning will eat away additional hitpoints fast enough for your swallow potion not to keep you alive, so you have to run around a lot and try to stay away from their fangs and wait for abigail to get up again in order to regenerate health, particularly when you get stunned by the beast that's pretty damn hard and at that level you don't have very high defenses yet.
What he said ;D

one way to help with the beast is to fight in group style ikeeps the bargest off you and kills alot of them as well, once you get past that first onslaught hit the beast with aard and it's over, I must admit it did take me a couple of deaths to figure that out the first time, oh and make sure you use the spectere oil Abigal sells, it's much easier

Since the Koschey does not have any special attacks that stun or w/e
you got lucky.even on medium, he can hit you with an attack that causes MASSIVE blood loss (20 pts per second). knocked my health down to 25% on the very first hit when I started combat with it!didn't get me, but it was a very close thing; ended up stunlocking it with a trap, and blasting it to death with igni.now I'm playing on hard, and chose the path of the sword instead of magic, and am really dreading this fight.fortunately, i don't think it turns that fast, so I'm hoping i can flip over it, hit it from behind until he turns, and repeat.

i didnt really find the beast really hard at all...group style...that firey sign thing... (forget the name its like aaar or somthing) i had a hard time with javed BUT only when i tried saving barengar at the same time...which i did manage to save him...was kinda pointless he just says" i thought threw a few things" the kikimore queen for me WAS not hard only hard thing is when i tried slowing her down i kept crushing myself :-X

villevalo said:
i didnt really find the beast really hard at all...group style...that firey sign thing... (forget the name its like aaar or somthing) i had a hard time with javed BUT only when i tried saving barengar at the same time...which i did manage to save him...was kinda pointless he just says" i thought threw a few things" the kikimore queen for me WAS not hard only hard thing is when i tried slowing her down i kept crushing myself :-X
Why slow her down when you can just kill some kikimores, run to the end and instant kill the whole bunch of them? I almost feel tempted to fraps my next kikimore queen kill when I get there on hard and post it here to show people just how easy it is. Actually, I think I'll do just that :p

lol now i can beat it without dying 12 times...as my wow guild leader use to say...GET IN POSITIONS...then i would do\O/ I____O /\ I I IM IN POSITIONS! lol thats a true stroy right there :) ty for the video btw :mad: it made me look stupid lol

Cool video but...The dude earlier said you could kill her in combat, I figured out how to kill her with the pillars the first pass thru, I spent the last 2 hours trying to kill her with sword and signs, while it might be possible to run around the rocks and cast sign after sign (igni) and finally kill her, I have come to believe there is no way to kill her with the sword, even with blizzard she still turns to face you too quickly and one hit from her does 556HP damg. and thats instant death, there are several places where you can go in the back of the cave where she can't reach you and you can cast igni and do 1 hp of damage but after and hour of casting and waiting for endurance (yes I was using twany owl and drinking water) she wasn't even close to being half way dead.I finally got bored and tired of getting killed using a silver sword with insectoid oil on it and just crushed her in the cave by bringing down the roof, now it might be possible to kill her on easy or medium but I just have a hard time believing you can do it on hard, if anyone has the statagy I would love to put it to use and see if I can make it work.

The trick to not getting killed bringing down all the pillars it to turn pause the game cast sign and keep running you can't stand still and cast the sign you'll die everytime

Top Bottom