SOLVED Enhanced Edition "The game has stopped working"

+
Enhanced Edition "The game has stopped working"

As the title says, the issue keeps showing up every few hours, maybe less. The game just shuts down for no apparent reason. I am able to play it for a varying amounts of time. Using Win10.

Before SigilFey arrives, with much better suggestions than mine, let's dig a bit deeper. What are your system's specs? Are you running the game as an administrator? Also, I seem to recall that tinkering with 3D settings on the graphics card's control panel can sometimes cause issues. Have you adjusted any of those settings specifically for the game? Please, tell us more.

Riven-Twain;n10533602 said:
Before SigilFey arrives, with much better suggestions than mine, let's dig a bit deeper. What are your system's specs? Are you running the game as an administrator? Also, I seem to recall that tinkering with 3D settings on the graphics card's control panel can sometimes cause issues. Have you adjusted any of those settings specifically for the game? Please, tell us more.

Sorry, didn't think about posting specs because they're more than enough. I played it on a much weaker PC. Then again, maybe it's a compatibility issue. Anyway:

AMD Ryzen 1500X Quad core, 3.50GHz
8 GB RAM (DDR4)
GeForce GTX 1050

Withcher 2 runs fine. Gonna run it as admin and see what happens.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10536392 said:
I played it on a much weaker PC. Then again, maybe it's a compatibility issue.
Did you only recently install it on your current machine? Also, do you have the game on GOG or Steam?

Also, a slightly peculiar question: Are you playing in English, or another language? For example, when I played in German, I believe the game would crash far more often than in English.

Riven-Twain SigilFey

Didn't want to create a different thread for this and you seem to know your stuff. I got Witcher 1 on GOG and W2 on Steam (I know, will get around to getting both on the same platform). Will I be able to import my W1 save for W2 because of that? Thanks guys.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10544452 said:
Riven-Twain SigilFey

Didn't want to create a different thread for this and you seem to know your stuff. I got Witcher 1 on GOG and W2 on Steam (I know, will get around to getting both on the same platform). Will I be able to import my W1 save for W2 because of that? Thanks guys.

Not 100% sure, actually. If it doesn't work, TW2 contains the ability to simulate the choices you made in TW1 so that the world state is the same at least. That's what I wound up doing, since I didn't realize the import would be a thing and I had already uninstalled the game.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10544452 said:
I got Witcher 1 on GOG and W2 on Steam (I know, will get around to getting both on the same platform). Will I be able to import my W1 save for W2 because of that?

I guess I could chime in as well.

Since both Steam and GOG versions of the games use the same save file location (under This PC\Documents\[game] for me), you can use saves made on the Steam version with the GOG version, and vice versa.
I've done it myself, many times. I don't even know which of my back-up save files were made on which platform. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom