Staff member

+
April GWENT Challenger is coming… to a salt mine!

As the next GWENT Challenger tournament is approaching rapidly, we have some exciting news to share with you!

The venue of the last Challenger, Moszna Castle, was an amazing place that we could transform into a true Nilfgaardian stronghold. We’ve been searching far and wide for a perfect location for the next, Mahakam-themed, tournament, and we’ve finally found it – the April GWENT Challenger will take place on April 28th-29th in the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine!

We changed the venue for the April tournament, which was initially set to take place in the United States, because we want to focus on finding the coolest places and ways to make the streaming experience of the upcoming tournaments as fun as possible. We want to provide you with the most authentic experience of The Witcher universe, and exciting & unforgettable esports adventures. We’ve removed the tentative locations from the GWENT Masters schedule but don’t worry – we still plan to bring future GWENT tournaments to different countries, including USA, China & Japan!

As for “Wieliczka” Salt Mine, it is one of the most valuable monuments of culture in Poland, featured on UNESCO’s World Cultural and Natural Heritage List. The mine combines centuries of tradition and modernity — hundreds of years of history locked in an underground metropolis with extensive infrastructure. If you enjoyed your trip to the Nilfgaardian stronghold of Moszna Castle, you'll definitely love the what we have in store for you at the salt mines!

Last edited:
Hotfix is now available!

New hotfix for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

With this update, our main focus was to fix all major issues experienced by the players, especially the connection errors and the visual bug which made it look like Arena decks could be played in other game modes.

Full list of changes:
  • Fixed an issue with double matchmaking in Arena mode.
  • Fixed problems with entering scrolls in Arena mode.
  • Fixed an issue causing “Unknown error” when exiting arena.
  • Fixed an issue causing the game to freeze when canceling and re-entering matchmaking.
  • Fixed an issue which made it look like Arena decks could be played in other game modes.
  • Fixed connection issues.

pthieu1986;n10584022 said:
Is there somewhere i can view submitted artworks?

Not yet! From April 13th to 27th all eligible submissions will take part in the Community Vote - you will be able to view and vote for them then. :)

Ravenous-One;n10602662 said:
Is it O.K. to just make a pencil drawing and scan it or something?

No, the artwork must be a 2D digital picture.

Wacom’s new tablets are up for grabs in GWENT Art Contest!

Prove your skills for a chance to win one of the freshly announced Wacom Intuos tablets! These easy to setup and use pen tablets are now up for grabs as prizes in our GWENT Art Contest — head over to playgwent.com/art-contest to learn how you can get your hands on them!

Below you can find updated prize bundle images and information:

First Prize:

Wacom Intuos Pro M tablet, Geralt of Rivia statue by Prime 1 Studio, GWENT Artbook, Plush Toy of Shupe the Troll​

Second Prize:

Wacom Intuos M Bluetooth tablet, Geralt: Aard Fine Print by Cook & Becker, Dark Horse figure of a character from The Witcher universe, GWENT Artbook, Plush Toy of Shupe the Troll.​

Third Prize:

Wacom Intuos S tablet, Geralt: Aard Fine Print by Cook & Becker, Dark Horse figure of a character from The Witcher universe, GWENT Artbook, Plush Toy of Shupe the Troll.​

Last edited:
Kripparrian is streaming GWENT!

Tune in to Kripparrian’s Twitch channel this week for a series of GWENT streams! Check out his plays and misplays, have fun, and join him raiding other GWENT streamers!

Here is the full schedule:

Tuesday, March 6, 1-4 AM EST (7-10 AM CET)
After the stream we’ll be raiding AliasV!

Thursday, March 8, 1-4 AM EST (7-10 AM CET)
After the stream we’ll be raiding Ashlizzlle!

Saturday, March 10, 1-4 AM EST (7-10 AM CET)
After the stream we’ll be raiding KingBlackToof!

Monday, March 12, 1-4 AM EST (6-9 AM CET)
After the stream we’ll be raiding Alwaysturtle!

Last edited:
IMONFIREGUY;n10594772 said:
If a submitted character, by chance, has a card that's been made but hasn't been released/revealed yet, will that affect judging at all? Probably not, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

No, it won't affect the judgement in any way. The contest rules speak only about characters that were already present in the game when the contest started.

RedSpotSylphina;n10611492 said:
Problem: I cannot upload image via submission form - it always says "Unexpected Error". Tried different browsers, even tried to submit from mobile. Tried many times - nothing works.

Question: may I publish the contest entry, say, on Deviantart and in this topic just to show it to public?

The entry won't be valid unless we receive the file in a way specified in the contest rules.

We're investigating this issue and we'll try to fix it as soon as possible. Should the problem persist we will introduce a secondary way of submitting entries for people who encounter this issue.

In the meantime, please try using different browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera) and try clearing your cache and cookies before trying to upload your file. Please let me know via PM if any of these helped and what browser and operating system were you using when you encountered the problem.

Eamalin1;n10574412 said:
Will you revert the recent change to enforcers that you claimed to be a bug? the change was not necessary as the spy deck was a tier 2 deck at best but now is completely unviable in this type of meta were everyone has removal and enforcers can't stick to board long enough due to their low basic stat. I don't see the Point in nerfing them since they were working fine, was balances and gave nilfgaard Another viable choice other than alchemy. It is fine to nerf op archetypes but not nerfing archetypes that is not tier 1 or op and maing them unviable, the Point of balance is to make the archetypes be viable but fair not make the only viable ones simple Point spam with no thought about strategy like elf spam and bears. Many people want Gwents balance team to acually put time into working on unviable or unfinished archetypes such as movement, moonlight, armor, while avoiding powercreeping spam archetypes.

Like with any other card: if we notice that Enforcers are not performing well enough we might consider adjusting their ability to make them more useful in deck.

m0bius8;n10575462 said:
Is there going to be a weekend special event?! PLEASE BURZA! Let there be a weekend event!

We don't have any weekend specials planned for the nearest future, but we'll keep you up to date on forums and our other social channels if we change our mind :)

gabusan;n10575612 said:
Are there going to be balance changes soon? Everyone was expecting that with the new season.

Also, what is the situation with wardancer? Ronvid was changed so he would not come into play if you play "pass" and your opponent plays "pass", preventing you from winning the second round without playing any cards. Why is wardancer allowed to win you the second round unless the opponent plays something? People suggested giving Wardancer a ambush countdown of 1. Is this still being considered? Or are we doomed to have wardancer grant a whole card adventage when elves win the first round?

We're looking into Wardancer's ability and we're considering different ways of adjusting it.

FrozenManiac;n10575682 said:
Good day, guys. Can u do smthng 'bout disconnects in this patch?? I've lost 3 arenas due to 7 discs almost in a row. I'm sure that i'm not the only one who's getting annoyed with disc's.

We're currently working on this issue. It will be fixed as soon as possible.

RazTheGnome;n10579942 said:
I'm completely new to Gwent, so my apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place. I'm ancient by gamer standards (in my 50s), and I have trouble reading some of the text in Gwent on my PC. I'm running in high resolution on my PC. Some of the biggest challenge is flavor text, but in general I wish every font were larger. I've played around with the resolution settings but they don't help. Is there any chance the devs will give us more options for a larger UI?

At the moment we're not planning to edit the fonts, but thank you for your suggestion! We'll keep it in mind :)

IMONFIREGUY;n10591312 said:
So are multiple submissions from the same person okay? (In which case I assume only 1 prize per person)
No, it's against the contest rules.

And while art based on existing character cards is against the rules, is it okay to use them as sort of 'decoration', like Priscilla in the background of Hubert's card art and Geralt at the foreground of Olaf's?
Sure! As long as the main focus is on a character that isn't in the game right now it's fine :)

Finally are named versions of monsters fair game? (like Morvud, Abaya, or any of the other Bounty Monsters from the witcher games?)
Of course! As long as the named version of a monster is not in GWENT already, you can use it in your art.

Technical Update 02.03.2018

Cards which were not working properly in Arena mode (Shilard, Síle de Tansarville and Sarah) have been fixed.

We are currently working on fixing the visual bug which makes it look like Arena decks can be played in other game modes. While it may not look like it, you are actually playing Arena mode, as is the other player. As such, the wins and losses achieved when the bug is active only count toward Arena.

Our team is constantly working on improving server stability. Sorry for the inconvenience.

TV_JayArr;n10571802 said:
I started with 1/2 of my MMR from the previous season. Is that intended? If I recall it correctly one started with 1/3 since the transition to 1 month long seasons.

Yes, all players start with ½ of their ranking points from the previous season.

Pro Ladder season 4 is now live!

Third season of Pro Ladder is now over, and below you can find the list of players who managed to earn their spot in the top 200! Congratulations to everyone — your Crown Points have been distributed.

Season 4 has just started, and it will last till April 30th. After the season ends, all players who haven’t played at least 50 games (previously 10), as well as 10% of the players with the lowest MMR at the end of the season, will lose the ability to play on the Pro Ladder. They will need to once again reach Rank 21 in Ranked Play to rejoin.

One more thing — don’t forget about the April GWENT Challenger Qualifier #2, which will take place on March 24-25th! To be eligible to participate, you will need to be in the top 200 of Pro Ladder come March 21st, 11:59 PM CET.

Top 200 players of Pro Ladder Season 3:

1. tailbot
2. kolemoen
3. huyahanachan
4. adzikov
5. maggogx
6. proneo3001
7. cmel
8. lbdutchboy
9. damorquis
10. kev-
11. theshaggynuts
12. glutensnake
13. fanderman
14. i_aporogise
15. octopuses
16. gamekingat
17. gwent2town
18. raikou24
19. at_ra
20. 胡小鸡
21. mangolicious88
22. alessio1996
23. 朝神
24. zeibinator
25. crystalslime5747
26. jim-moriaty
27. vishra
28. synrise.
29. xyazz
30. 龙雨潇潇
31. 霜降霜降!
32. kacper322
33. mcp0yle
34. leerxyz
35. mr.rovan
36. eisloth
37. freddybabes
38. molegion
39. mrmax71
40. thelotheru
41. om幻世
42. namidanoondo
43. 红夜.46928
44. nethien
45. ecureuil01
46. 迷样的剑心
47. s1m9l3
48. predators11
49. kochua
50. tbaggs
51. 干拉总指挥
52. jessejames145
53. 苏墨
54. 红魔
55. vicerv1
56. hectorv_
57. straca3
58. kaeptain
59. sexymagicgoose
60. sadfury
61. valeravolodya
62. as the moon,so beautiful
63. readlikebook
64. slothland
65. 上弦式神
66. mathiasee
67. otto8888
68. shinmiri2
69. hannuq
70. legatusmax1mus
71. 安安丶
72. addom34
73. zebrl
74. 紫夜绝命
75. mmatip
76. azhdaron
77. hempamage
78. _svyat_
79. maclogan_gwent
80. beardybog
81. dkni
82. nimraphel
83. necrosis678
84. homemadecorn789
85. +roar+
86. hennotje
87. skolzkiykot
88. braenne
89. mooshee
90. santtu2x
91. nacl.34926
92. 谢尔曼66
93. qbk_
94. dreyp4
95. konsiu95
96. insangpha
97. mya-mon
98. lissandro11
99. unista
100. gebales
101. boosz
102. just_diggles
103. dragons_den
104. 守护灵辰
105. z3l3g
106. bendtner92
107. wangid1
108. ameno12
109. 苦柴
110. enc_gwentar
111. vonschwarz
112. shadowx217
113. zegoblin
114. tin_k
115. house_of_cards
116. impetuouspanda
117. chezzy93
118. 鱼说山_龙宝2012
119. kaiduss
120. hotcrossbun
121. k.now
122. nocryingok
123. wtfparty
124. morosa
125. fikfikmtg
126. bjthebrave
127. 魔法之裤
128. 兔小猛
129. lolikkk
130. acalajucha
131. eleftheria
132. mr_tarn
133. el0st
134. ajnata
135. comrade_farso
136. imdeadins1de
137. doomhammar1988
138. pzy_oo
139. spez replayz
140. darkflamemaster33
141. star_otec
142. mr_dr_pr_patrick
143. iamsceptic
144. ti-boune
145. m1lan
146. gls44
147. rippyy
148. newbrine
149. grav3s
150. luciferkissmyass
151. fandac51
152. alts-gamer
153. crash_overlord
154. gregor__
155. omnik
156. reignofgrave
157. fateday
158. bucash
159. jamedi_
160. luche5i
161. ambiral
162. _deadwing_
163. ridashi
164. mikav4h
165. 时光愈伤
166. fufuliz
167. ki-ki
168. earthappleman
169. w1ssen
170. looosemcgoose
171. hellfinder
172. fettfried
173. fearsyndrome
174. s7isobey
175. tyber8778
176. jazzo007
177. happygwent
178. lorenthiel
179. randyofcintra
180. electroluks
181. nocivoshomon
182. foggy_nr
183. sharp25lord
184. nocturnex
185. blackhawks149
186. maxq.
187. bart933
188. martinland2
189. ieces
190. taknado
191. maksim_romanov
192. samakkai
193. daedalose
194. tjockis220
195. rondlak
196. kara_lisa
197. pdgkonrad
198. ddcheaser
199. dtitan
200. hightdetal

Last edited:
ARENA UPDATE - CARD REVEALS

Draft your ultimate deck and enter Master Mirror’s realm in Arena Mode! Who would you like to have on your side of the battlefield, and who would you rather never meet in the opposing team?

This update to GWENT contains 10 brand new cards: all heroes, all gold! Prepare to fight alongside the most recognizable characters from the world of The Witcher!

View the cards here. See you on the Arena!

Season of the Bear is coming!

As February draws to a close, so too does the Mahakam Season. This means, a new one is at hand! It is time for Vildkaarls to battle it out for glory — the Season of the Bear begins today!

Let’s briefly talk about the spoils of war for this season. As promised, we’ve decided to adjust the rewards system. Achieving ranks 10, 15 and 20 will continue to get you borders and titles. As for avatars, it’s one per season from this point on and you can obtain it by reaching rank 15.

Check the table below for more info:

As you can see, Vernon Roche is making a return! Obtaining him proved to be fairly difficult during the course of Season of the Wolf (January), so we’re bringing him back, as requested by the community.

We are also adjusting the MMR system. Below you can find the MMR per rank split for the Season of the Bear:

Last edited:
TV_JayArr;n10532842 said:
A couple of questions regarding graveyard interactions. Hope it is fine because all of them are directed akin.

Are you overall satisfied with your decision to enable ressurections for every faction?

Hi, we want to look into resurrection and graveyard interaction as a whole, there are some ideas for it, but nothing I can share at the moments since a lot of things are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doomhammar1988;n10530192 said:
Dear Gwent Developers.
I'd like to ask you as someone that has been playing from CB and seen Wild Hunt in all its variation the following questions as i'm very curious to the mindset that lead the team to where WH is currently is:
1. Nithral has been repeatly changed since Frost was changed in weather patch many months ago, its current version is - i think - only worsen this card and don't do it justice. Why have you decided on its current vartion and what were the alternative choices you had when you decided to change this card in recent months. Now after 3-4 weeks since the latest hotfix, do you feel this card gain traction or perhaps it need to return to the drawing board?
2. Ilmerith design has not changed midst most latest patches and it remain one of the weakest FACTION golds in the game. Do you have plans to change it in the nearby future? If so, any ideas you toying with you can share with us?
3. Wild Hunt Warrior - With the buffing of bronzes that capable of reaching 15-16 points at some cases, Wild Hunt Warrior with its conditioning feels left behind. What your thoughts on that?
4. In general, i feel the Wild Hunt was somewhat neglected in recent patches, do you guys have plans to visit this archtype in the nearby future or you are happy where it is now?

I'd love to hear your thoughts regarding Wild Hunt in general as it is very dear to my heart and what attracted me to Gwent in first place

Yours respectfully,
Doomhammar

Hi! The archetype most likely needs more tools in order to be viable and I know there is a plan for this sometime in the future ;)

Top Bottom