Staff member

+
Okay, so:
  1. Weather does not stack. For example, if you play Fog on a row affected by Rain, Fog overwrites it (Rain disappears and Fog stays).
  2. If multiple cards have the same lowest/highest strength, they are all damaged.
  3. First Light has only one change – it will affect only one chosen row, just like the other weather cards.
  4. Weather damages units permanently. Removing the weather from a row does not restore any strength.
  5. Once a unit is reduced to 0 strength, it will be sent to graveyard.
If I missed any questions, please let me know. :)

New video - All About Premiums

When are we going to see new Premium cards? How will their crafting process change? Are the game rewards going to change?

Check out our video with Jason Slama, Lead Programmer for Gwent, and Marcin Momot, Community Lead at CD PROJEKT RED, explaining some of the upcoming changes for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Public Beta for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game set for May 24th!

Scheduled to begin May 24th, Public Beta will be available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

“Public Beta is the next step in the game’s development process, one that we’d be honored to continue alongside everyone who’s been with us thus far,” said Benjamin Lee, Development Director at CD PROJEKT RED. “It’s also a chance for many new gamers to play GWENT for the first time and we’re looking forward to making the game even better with their help,” added Lee.

Watch the Public Beta overview live on the official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch channel
The stream will begin today (May 17th) at 9PM CEST

GWENT’s Public Beta is a fresh start for everyone. Card collections and player progress will reset to ensure gamers begin on equal footing. Everyone who participated in the Closed Beta will receive Card Kegs, as well as other in-game rewards for their activity. Additional information regarding Closed Beta participation rewards is available here.

The switch from Closed to Public Beta will entail a short technical transition period starting May 22nd. Until the start of Public Beta on May 24th, game servers will be offline for maintenance. During this time, GWENT’s Facebook and Twitter channels will provide updates on the game’s status.

More information about Public Beta, as well as GWENT in general, is available in the FAQ section of playgwent.com.

Last edited:
Gwent beta live stream with developers 17.05.2017

Join us live on Wednesday, May 17th, at 9PM CEST (12PM PDT) on the CD PROJEKT RED Twitch channel!

We'll be talking about the closed beta participation rewards and end of season rewards. Additionally, we'll highlight changes and new features introduced with the upcoming update! As always we'll be answering your questions, so be sure to stop by!

Last edited:
GWENT Challenger tournament has crowned a Champion

Adrian “Lifecoach” Koy won GWENT Challenger — the official tournament of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game!

The finals of GWENT Challenger took place on May 13th. Winners of community qualifiers Mikhail “Fion56” Yastrebov, Alexey “Oikumena” Raspopov, Alexander “ProNeo” Shpak and Barret “Vishra” Goss took on professional gamers Jeffrey “Trump” Shih, Adrian “Lifecoach” Koy, Peter “ppd” Dager, and Kacem “Noxious” Khilaji. The tournament’s prizepool was $100,000.

After a series of fierce duels, Adrian “Lifecoach” Koy and Kacem “Noxious” Khilaji advanced to the final match to battle it out for the title of GWENT Challenger Champion. Taking it all the way to game five of the match and having performed an incredible reversal, Adrian “Lifecoach” Koy emerged victorious.

The final tournament standings are as follows:

Adrian “Lifecoach” Koy — $60,000
Kacem “Noxious” Khilaji — $20,000
Peter “ppd” Dager — $10,000
Mikhail “Fion56” Yastrebov — $10,000

You can see the entire tournament on the official GWENT YouTube channel.

GWENT Closed Beta registrations ending soon

Registrations for the Closed Beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game will shut down this weekend. The game will remain active for everyone who redeemed their invite before, or during the weekend.

Gamers can still join the Closed Beta by signing up on playgwent.com.

“Throughout Closed Beta, we’ve reworked and added a huge amount of features and mechanics to GWENT. Balance changes, numerous tweaks of how cards work and how the game flows; additional cards, a new faction and ranked play — it was an amazing ride and GWENT’s community was with us all the way,” said Benjamin Lee, Development Director at CD PROJEKT RED. “I’d like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the hours invested,” added Lee.

The end of Closed Beta registrations is part of the preparations for the open phase of GWENT’s beta. More information regarding this next stage will be revealed next week.

The upcoming weekend will also play host to GWENT Challenger tournament finals. On May 13th at 3PM CEST, the winners of GWENT Challenger community qualifiers: Vishra, Fion56, Oikumena, ProNeo will compete with professional gamers: Jeffrey “Trump” Shih, Adrian “Lifecoach” Koy, Peter “ppd” Dager, and Kacem “Noxious” Khilaji for a piece of the $100,000 prize pool.

The event will be hosted by Maude Garret and ESL’s Joshua Gray with match commentary by community favorites, MegaMogwai and McBeard.

The finals of GWENT Challenger will be streamed live on CD PROJEKT RED’s Twitch channel.

Frontovika;n8404450 said:
Hi CDPR, I'm curious to know if we are matched against players from all over the world or in specific regions? (i.e. US West Coast/East Coast, Western Europe, Asia etc)
Will be there options to select server regions in the latter case?

Players are matched with opponents from the same region. Currently the regions are divided between Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australia & Oceania.

265feral;n8404560 said:
I can't see a function in the game that allows me to see previous opponents and 'add them as friend'. Is this currently in-game? If not, is there a plan to put this in the game?

Currently there is no possibility of adding friends in-game, however, it may change in the future.

gr8horned1;n8371280 said:
How about upgrading the Practice Mode.........nothing has been done with this since day 1. I like the practice mode because it's where I can test new decks I've built without affecting my rank or level. However....you only get to play the same opponents over & over again and they don't even have any new cards or strategies.

Tutorial will get a complete overhaul soon. Also, you can try testing new decks in the casual mode, there is a lot of variety there. :)

Anen;n8367690 said:
yes, i try to login to gog.com using Edge but I don't receive email. I have tried it again before replying your post but still no email, and no pop-up security code on Edge browser.

It looks like the issue is on the gog's side then, not on forum's side. Please contact gog's support :)

Here is gog's support page: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us
And here is the form you can use to contact them: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Anen;n8364320 said:
Hello CPDR
I have an issue I can't login from Microsoft Edge Browser the problem is I don't get security code on my email when I tried login from ME. I had remove my mozila and I try ME and I cant login. This thread is written from IE.

Hey!

Did you try to log in on https://www.gog.com/ ? If you log in to your account there using Edge - is the email with the security code sent to you?

Top Bottom