Jobs Support Register

Staff member

+
svich83;n8880520 said:
When first season of OBT will end ?
Abibatt;n8893110 said:
Season will end every 1 or 3 months? Ranking points will totally reset after season end?
We’ll share detailed information about the season in the near future. ;)

Iksemad;n8891880 said:
Can I ask about the card Marching Orders? Before the newest patch, it summoned the lowest card in your deck and boosted it by 2. Now it is changed to summon one of the lowest bronze or silver cards and boost it by 2? It is not in any of the patch notes at was not talked about in the streams (that i remember), so what prompted this change and why is it a "quiet" one? It is really nerfed now, with an effect almost like rally, it looses synergy with many of my decks and i cant even mill for full value. Any sort of answer and/or comment on this will be greatly appreciated.
Marching Orders were not changed – it always worked with bronze and silver cards, never with gold. :)

killyuiop;n8893330 said:
if i buy kegs now or during the open beta(after the latest patch), can i get the 30 scraps reward for each kegs?
With the change in Scraps values for milling cards (+100% for common and rare cards), the value of newly bought Kegs will increase.

That is why players who purchased Card Kegs with real money before the latest Patch are awarded with 30 Scraps for each Keg.

tropit9;n8893590 said:
i have several questions, some are more technical than others

1) currently gog require internet connection for updats, cards mangament,pvp, and buying cards. but eventually story mode will come along. my question is, will there be an offline option to this game,that does not require internet connection? also if positive, what will be the card pool available? specific deckes for the story? the entire card pool?

2) will there be a standalone installer that does not require gog galaxy?

3) is story mode is still to be deliverd in chapters, or a whole campeign? will there be only one campein or more?

4) do you improve your a.i (training,challenges) according to player statistics? implant player behaviors algorithm of some sort? example for final round play golds before scorchable units and such. the challenges a.i was pretty gullible i beat most of them with northern realms starter deck.

5) it might just be my imagiantion, but i remeber reding about adding "player abilities" but it is not talked about anymore. are those refering to player skill alone, or where there planed/are planeed some sort of additonal player realted abilieties, like adding an additional silver or gold card above the limit, or draw more cards on rounf beggining, or getting extra mulliigens, that sort of "abilities"

also while im at it, this thread is awesome, it is very nice to see the devs really activete in this thread

thumbs up .:victory:
Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, I’m afraid I do not have any answers for you just yet. ;)

Dimile;n8896450 said:
At what point does the Lock effect take place? For example, I played a Fiend and locked a Savage Bear. I was expecting that the Fiend would not take a hit since the Lock animation happens first. However, the Savage bear still dealt one damage to my Unit after it was locked. Is this normal?
Thank you – we’ll look into it.

Gwent: The witcher card game weather update is now live!

New update for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game now available on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

With this update, our main focus is to improve balance, solve some of the major issues that were affecting gameplay and adjust the prices for milling common and rare cards. Additionally, some cards will be subject to a limited-time refund (5 days) in the form of an increase in the amount of Scraps awarded for milling them (note, however, that milling the Premium versions of these cards will not award Meteorite Powder):
  • Ithlinne
  • Clan Brokvar Hunter
  • Vicovaro Novice
  • Imperial Golem
  • Commando Neophyte
  • Vicovaro Medic
  • Tibor Eggebracht
  • Fire Elemental
  • Dol Blathanna Protector
  • Drought
  • Mahakam Guard
  • Queensguard
  • Peter Saar Gwynleve
  • Kayran
  • Barclay Els
  • Roach
  • Ragh Nar Roog
  • Savage Bear
  • Impera Enforcers
  • Ciri
  • Wyvern
  • Reaver Hunter
  • Celaeno Harpy
  • Cahir
  • Rainfarn
  • Villentretenmerth
Check out the full list of changes here:

Neutral/General
  • Added Regressing tag to King of Beggars.
  • Adjusted opponent decks in Leader challenges.
  • Changed Drought's Damage value from 3 to 2.
  • Changed Ragh Nar Roog's Damage value from 3 to 2.
  • Added Special tag to Immune Boost.
  • Added Special tag to Overdose.
  • Roach Power changed from 5 to 4.
  • Roach will now only be played from your Deck when you play a Gold Unit from your Hand.
  • When Gaunter O'Dimm's Gamble ends in a tie, both players will draw cards.
  • Ciri Power changed from 7 to 5.
  • Sarah Power changed from 7 to 8.
  • Johnny Power changed from 5 to 7.
  • Vesemir Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Villentretenmerth Power changed from 6 to 4.

Northern Realms
  • Added Crewmen 1 to Kaedweni Sergeant.
  • Kaedweni Sergeant will not Boost Disloyal Units now.
  • John Natalis Power changed from 10 to 8.
  • John Natalis will no longer Weaken self for each Unit affected.
  • Foltest Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Foltest will not Boost Disloyal Units.
  • Reinforced Ballista Power changed from 4 to 6.
  • Redanian Knight Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Reinforced Siege Tower Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Ves Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Bloody Baron Power changed from 4 to 6.
  • Dijkstra Power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Added Crewmen 1 to Blue Stripes Scout
  • Priscilla will now shuffle into the deck instead of being put on the bottom of it.
  • Reaver Hunter will no longer buff copies in the Graveyard.
  • Reaver Hunter Power changed from 6 to 4.
  • Thaler's ability is no longer optional.
  • Kaedweni Sergeant is now Agile.
  • Pavetta Power changed from 5 to 7.
  • Aretuza Adept Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Radovid Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Radovid will now toggle Lock instead of always applying it.
  • Odrin Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry Power changed from 2 to 3.

Monsters
  • Removed Griffin's Brave ability.
  • Griffin Power changed from 6 to 8.
  • Nekker Power changed from 2 to 3.
  • Arachas Behemoth Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Vran Warrior Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Katakan Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Shadow Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Water Hag will not activate abilities triggered on Consume.
  • Kayran Power changed from 10 to 8.
  • Changed Unseen Elder Power from 4 to 5.
  • Nithral's ability will now only increase the Damage done by Frost on the opponent's side.
  • Frightener will now pull 1 target Unit to the same row on the opposite side instead of pushing 2 Units.
  • Foglets will now be destroyed when the last Fog is cleared from the Board.
  • Draug Damage now ignores Armor.
  • Removed Fire Elemental's Brave ability.
  • Dagon Power changed from 7 to 6.
  • Removed Brave from Wyvern.
  • Wyvern damage value changed from 2 to 3.
  • Celaeno Harpy Power changed from 5 to 4.

Scoia'tael
  • Dol Blathanna Protector will not be buffed by Gold cards played.
  • Dol Blathanna Protector Power changed from 4 to 2.
  • Vrihedd Sappers Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Ele'yas Power changed from 8 to 9.
  • Saesenthessis Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Ithlinne Power changed from 2 to 4.
  • Francesca Power changed from 4 to 6.
  • Vrihedd Dragoon will not buff Disloyal Units in the Hand.
  • Dwarven Mercenary can now also move opposing Units (but not Boost them).
  • Removed Armor from Commando Neophyte.
  • Removed Elf tag from Hawker Support.
  • Changed the value of Mahakam Guard's Boost for Dwarves from 5 to 4.
  • Barclay Els will no longer play Gold Dwarves.
  • Commando Neophyte Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Dol Blathanna Trapper Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Morenn Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Vrihedd Officer Power changed from 5 to 7.
  • Milva Power changed from 8 to 9.
  • Vrihedd Brigade Power changed from 4 to 6.
  • Vrihedd Vanguard Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Blue Mountain Commando Power changed from 2 to 3.

Nilfgaard
  • Fringilla Vigo Power now set to 1 when Spying.
  • John Calveit Power changed from 4 to 3.
  • John Calveit's ability will now trigger before Imperial Golems are deployed.
  • Cahir Power changed from 5 to 4.
  • Rainfarn Power changed from 6 to 4.
  • Imperial Golem Power changed from 3 to 2.
  • Vicovaro Novice Power changed from 3 to 1.
  • Emhyr var Emreis Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Peter Saar Gwynleve Power changed from 6 to 4.
  • Added Doomed tag to Vicovaro Medic.
  • Tibor Eggebracht Power changed from 10 to 8.
  • Mangonel Power changed from 5 to 6.

Skellige
  • Added Veteran to Donar An Hindar.
  • Donar An Hindar Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Impera Enforcers will now consider the top card in your Deck, not just the top Unit.
  • Clan an Craite Warcrier now Weakens self by 1 instead of 2 for each Unit affected.
  • Berserker Marauder Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • An Craite Warrior Power changed from 8 to 9.
  • Jutta An Dimun Power changed from 11 to 12.
  • Removed Veteran from Clan Brokvar Hunter.
  • Added Regressing tag to Clan Brokvar Hunter.
  • Savage Bear Power changed from 4 to 6.
  • Savage Bear's ability will now trigger after the Units it will affect trigger their Deploy abilities.
  • Removed Veteran from Queensguard.
  • Draig Bon-Dhu's ability is now optional.
  • Hjalmar will now spawn Lord of Undvik on the far left side of the opposite row.
  • Udalryk's ability is no longer optional.
  • Savage Bear will no longer Damage Enemies while having 0 Power.
  • War Longship Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Clan Dimun Pirate Captain Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Queensguard Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Kambi Power changed from 3 to 1.
  • Hemdall Power changed from 12 to 11.
  • King Bran Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Svanrige Power changed from 5 to 6.

Game Fixes
  • Fixed issue with Nithral's armor displaying an incorrect value (3 instead of 2).
  • Updated Vrihedd Brigade's tooltip to match its ability.
  • Fixed the issue whereby Disloyal Agile Units (e.g. Letho of Gulet) couldn't be played on rows other than Melee.
  • Sheldon Skaggs' ability fixed to reflect his tooltip (he Boosts instead of Strengthening).
  • Fixed Dwarven Skirmisher's tooltip to match his ability.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Ambassador would Boost Units by 12 instead of 10 when activated by Vicovaro Novice.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Meteorite Powder would be consumed when replaying the Card Crafting tutorial.
  • Fixed an issue with milling Clan Brokvar Archer x4.
  • Fixed an issue with King Bran's carousel displaying the wrong number of cards to discard.
  • Fixed the issue with Lord of Undvik being present in Dagon's deck in challenges.
  • Fixed an issue whereby changing the console language on PS4 before signing in would result in the game getting stuck on "Inventory loaded."
  • First King Bran and Dagon challenges should now launch properly.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Daerlan Foot Soldiers wouldn't draw a card if they were killed with Morenn or Savage Bear.
  • Fixed an issue with connecting during sign in resulting in a "Service interrupted. Please verify your connection." error.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the Collection would show some resources gained from milling when no spare cards to mill were available.
  • Fixed improper descriptions of Assire var Anahid's and Nenneke's carousels.
  • Fixed an issue with some cards becoming invisible.
  • Fixed an issue with transmuted Premium triptych cards always showing up as the first one from the left.
  • Fixed an issue causing Out of Sync errors during multiplayer matches.
  • Fixed an issue whereby users were forced to change game language both in GOG and later in-game.
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the game to get stuck after Round 2.
  • Numerous tooltip fixes and improvements.
  • Some small gameplay fixes and adjustments.

New Scraps award values for milling cards of the following rarities:
  • Common - 10 Scraps
  • Premium Common - 10 Scraps
  • Rare - 20 Scraps
  • Premium Rare - 20 Scraps"
  • Scraps Awards for Purchased Kegs
  • Players who purchased Card Kegs with real money and opened said Kegs prior to the release of this patch will be awarded 30 Scraps for each Keg thus purchased and opened.

Last edited:
wolskikamil92;n8843900 said:
Hey Dominika.Skubida lets say you are changing the leaders and i had additional Francersca cuz i was thinking that you will full refund it cause its LEADER so i milled it for 200, but you are changing this card so i could get 800 scrap if i just wait.... consider that to refund full cost not the 200 only cuz its kinda unfair and hurting for people like me whom get LEADER for lvl 20 reward, also you are locking LEADERS so its kinda your fault for allowing milling, getting additional leaders, im not blaming but i spend still a lot of time for dailys just to get deck i wanted so wasting scrap isnt funny for me.
Greetings
Leaders will not be refundable.

KingPegasus;n8852230 said:
Thanks for replying on aeromancy /Griffin, but what I mean is, when the selection screen shows up, and let's say I can see 6 foglets in there for Griffin, how do I know which one are in my grave yard, which one is theirs? I wanted to move one from theirs to mine, but couldn't tell so I ended up giving them one of mine instead.
We are aware of this issue and we are working on improving the UI.

In0va;n8853740 said:
Will cards, resources and levels be reset when the game launches?
We are not planning any additional resets. :)

zuodziej;n8860480 said:
Will we able to mill for 100% value card which we dropped from kegs? Or the 100% milling is only for crafted cards?
The possibility of milling cards for their full value will be available for some of the changed cards (full list will come together with Patch Notes) and it doesn’t matter how you got those cards.

Brenex;n8830990 said:
Is the compensation scrap being awarded ONLY to players who bought kegs with money? I'm asking because there are players who milled a lot of cards (from kegs awarded when CB ended), and those cards would have been worth double scrap if held on to.
The compensation affects only kegs bought with money.

Splashdown11;n8834920 said:
Do you know if there are any plans to bring Gwent to Mac? Thanks!
Currently, we are focusing on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

KingPegasus;n8836040 said:
Technical question, when using cards that can pick others cards from multiple locations, is there a way to tell which one is which? Griffin, is it my or their grave? Aeromancy, is it my deck or grave etc? I lost games because of the confusion and just had to rely on luck sometimes.
Everything depends on the card’s keywords and descriptions.
Aeromancy – Play a Weather card from your Deck or Graveyard.
Girffin – Move a card from one Graveyard to the other.

Hematomas;n8837910 said:
Hi,
are you considering adding special game modes either for casual purposes or maybe in order to expend the competetive scene?
We will be adding more game modes in the future. :)

IAxiiYourMother;n8839100 said:
Was Barrel (the card game played by dwarves in the books) ever considered as a possible name for Gwent when it was being first developed for TW3? I have been wondering why an entirely new card game was added to the world when there was one available in the lore. Is the name Gwent from the original Polish books?
The original name, used by Andrzej Sapkowski in his books, is GWINT. :)

IAxiiYourMother;n8839100 said:
I apreciated the stick reference Dominika.Skubida
Thanks. :D

Checco515;n8754020 said:
Is Eternal Fire among the future factions you are conteplating to add?
That's an interesting idea! :)
[HR][/HR]
falrinth85;n8762650 said:
Are you planning to streamline the UI, so there is no irritating loading screens between menus? I guess im not the only one card games fan, that is used to quick loading-free flow of moving between card crafting, shop and deck building windows. When each menu is preceded by loading screen its very uncomfortable. Players tend to jump back and forth between them to check stuff, and loading screens make it feel like not desired behavior.
I can understund the need of dividing collection, crafting and shop, but making it possible to navigate between them without loading screens is kind of a quality I would expect from you guys. Also another quality of life improvement would be to make the currency visible in all those windows. Right now when im inside deck building interface i dont know if i can afford another copy of some card without switching to shop/crafting window, and watching loading screens. Its such an undeeded hassle. "Ergonomy" of this design is lacking. Are you planning to redesign it and for example put inside single "instance" in this game engine?

P.S.
With those loading screens, even going to open a keg of cards feels like a chore.
We often get approached with ideas on how to improve almost every aspect of our UI and the toughest part is that, like you, they usually have a point. Right now we are working extremely hard to improve the overall experience and add systems we feel are missing to the game while doing our best to find small changes to improve our existing interfaces that will fit in our schedules. In terms of this subject, we know there is a lot we can do to improve this aspect of our experience but we still have not decided how we wish to proceed. All we can say is that we recognize this as a valid feedback and are constantly evaluating changes to improve our user experience in the manner your describe. However, we are unable to commit to any specific timeline or details as to how this will happen.

As always we really appreciate this kind of feedback and we want you to know we are listening.
[HR][/HR]
DannyGuy;n8764460 said:
There are currently about 300 cards in Gwent, how many more cards to you plan to make before the game is finished?
It's hard to estimate. We're constantly working on new cards.
[HR][/HR]
sas_gooch;n8768990 said:
K so i have 2 questions...... first i love the game but i dedicated alot of scrapping to making a great monster and nilfgaard deck.... later in the game i now regret some of the decisions i made and i realize now i have gotten way to hasty so.........when the game releases 1.0 will there any way to reset progress because if not that means my whole gwent life i will be playing only 2 decks and scrapping 3 other factions cards...
No further account progress wipes are planned.

sas_gooch;n8768990 said:
2nd question..... how long after beta closes will game be released or will it just go from closed beta right into 1.0?
It's hard to say at the moment. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.
[HR][/HR]
Niko_Saga;n8770570 said:
Will this game someday be on mac os?
shampoo99;n8772990 said:
Will there be PS VITA support?
At the moment the game is available on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation4. We have not announced any other platforms.
[HR][/HR]
kaalev;n8771470 said:
It's been 2 weeks since open beta started. Yet there's no news of a patch, no open discussion about what we should expect in a new patch nor what frequency should we expect them. Could you clarify that?
lunatyyk;n8775700 said:
Can we stop that radio silence? Game has plenty of bugs not mentioning balance issues that should be addressed(NR faction especially). At least give as a word when we can expect patch. I am really surprised how they handle this situation with almost zero communication.
The patch is right around the corner, it'll be coming soon! If you want to hear more about the update, you can re-watch our stream we recently had: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149980367
Regarding the frequency, aside from game-breaking bugs that require immediate hotfixes we are aiming to have big patches in large intervals.
[HR][/HR]
traeth;n8773920 said:
How often are you planning on releasing cards, and is there a chance that a new faction will be introduced in the near-future? Thank you for all of the obvious hard work put into the game!
We hope to introduce new cards with every bigger patch. We are planning to add new factions in the future but we have no info regarding this at the moment.
[HR][/HR]
NickStrife;n8788000 said:
When should we expect a rebalancing patch?? I know the game is in beta but there are many balance-issues..
We're planning to improve the balance with the opcoming patch. The patch should be ready soon.

Snake_Foxhounder;n8745390 said:
One thing I really liked with the release of Open Beta, are the single player challenges and how they rewarded you with cards (leaders). Any chance of more of those down the line, with maybe more cards we could earn?
We will be adding more challenges and more leaders to the game.

falrinth85;n8746510 said:
How am i supposed to learn the game when i cannot start thread on forum (it says i need to first post 10 times - forcing me to flood forums for no reason), and there is plenty of mechanics that arent clear? Like Redanian Knight-Elect boosting some units but dont boost other, even tho there is not special requirement writen on its description...
At the start of your turn, if your Redanian Knight-Elect has Armor, he boosts adjacent units by 1. You can find the description of all cards and keywords in the Collection and Deck Builder panels – the tooltips appear as soon as you hover over a card. :)

Firekangaroo;n8748410 said:
How important is it do the devs to stay in line with the books? A lot of cards have effects that obviously relate to the character in the novels(Zoltan's parrot, Yennefer's Unicorn, etc.), but some effects seem kind of random, even on Legendary major characters, like Vilgefortz being loyal.
Loyal and Disloyal are some of the keywords in the game, just like Armor, Deathwish, Ally, Summon, Reveal etc. They refer to the card (disloyal cards are put on your opponent’s side of the board), not necessarily to the character itself.

And you know, if we had to stay totally in line with the books, the game would require us to provide all players with heavy wooden sticks and allow them to beat each other up… we don’t want that. ;)

Fr33c3l;n8691000 said:
How often can we expect game patches? There are tens of reported bug issues on Technical corner and none from CDPR haven't says if they're working on it and when (or even if) it will be fixed.. Absolutely no offence because I love this game but how it's possible that such many problems weren't catched on closed beta? Gwent is good piece of game, however good support is much more important nowadays.
GWENT has changed a lot with the transition from Closed to Public Beta. We are continuously working on all reported issues, even though sometimes we are not able to respond to all messages on the Forum.

Yahdop;n8726800 said:
How exactly does matchmaking work when it comes to casual as opposed to ranked?
You have a separate MMR value for casual and ranked games. Casual matchmaking is aimed towards finding high quality matches between players. In ranked, MMR is used as a base for Ranks and is reset every time a season changes. Nevertheless, please bare in mind that we are constantly tweaking the way the system works and this design is not yet final.

Celestes666;n8686960 said:
Biggest question I think is:
Will we able to play on PC with ps4 account and vise versa???
Unfortunately, it is not possible.

poomz55160;n8690090 said:
Will you release the game's OST as mp3 format like you did in Witcher 3 and dlc? I really love the classic soundtrack and the new one so much.
Currently, GWENT soundtrack is available on Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/user/cdprojektred/playlist/7a1qj9SfVTPYiK9VNzLhPN

Vyse1986;n8696310 said:
When you developed the original Gwent for The Witcher 3, did you already know or at least think about the possibility that it might eventually become a stand-alone game?
No, the decision was made after we got tons of positive feedback and requests to create GWENT as a standalone game. :)

Maaxqatsi;n8708290 said:
Why does it say on Assire that she can shuffle in gold cards, when she can't?
We are working on addressing all issues with card descriptions.

Oculus_Infinium;n8711730 said:
My question is about hero cards. Are they available in kegs? I found a level 1 who had something like 6 hero cards and they absolutely wiped the floor with me.
What do you mean by hero cards? :)
In GWENT we have three types of cards: gold, silver and bronze. In your deck you can have a maximum of 4 gold and 6 silver cards, all of them can be found in kegs or crafted with scraps. You have some of them on your account as well, as every new account is provided with starter decks that include all types of cards.

Alpro;n8686980 said:
Will we eventually get alternate game modes like arena and 2 vs 2?
We are working on additional game modes. ;)

Alpro;n8686980 said:
Are you planning on adding more factions in the future, say Ofir or Toussaint?
We are planning to add more factions in the future.

szpeniu;n8687920 said:
When are we going to see some weather changes because now the game is a weather fest (ragna and frost)
We are not completely satisfied with the way weather works now so yes, there will be some changes coming to this mechanic in the near future.

jamai36;n8688570 said:
When I first started in the open beta (love most of the changes by the way) - I was drawn to Francesca and a Mulligan deck. Over the course of the last week, my heart sank a bit when I saw there were no direct Silvers or Golds to synergize with Mulligans, only the four bronze cards I'm pretty sure. It just feels cool to work toward that big gold card that makes your deck type come together in a big way.
Why were no silvers/golds added to support this archetype? It is to my knowledge the only leader-based deck archetype that does not have a silver/gold. Also - how is the team feeling about the Mulligan decks as a whole? Do they feel strong enough?
We will be adding more cards to support all of the archetypes.