Staff member

+
New blog post: Head construction, part 1

Bartek Gawel, the Lead Concept Artist at CD Projekt RED has just posted a new entry on our official blog. In his first article, he explains the importance of designing characters head when creating a good character concept. You can read his post here.

Yep, that could help. In fact we had more reports of problems resulting from overheating lately most likely related to the temperatures outside which add to the problem. So it's also a good idea to simply avoid graphics-intensive gaming when it's really hot.

Do you have any experience with overclocking? If so and only then you could try clocking your factory overclocked gfx card down to reference values. There are actually often problems when gaming with such video cards: crashes, freezes, graphics glitches. It could be interesting to see if downclocking would help also in this case.

Not sure if yours is a 7750 or 7770, anyway you can find all the values here and the reference values on the AMD website. Gigabyte uses a different convention for giving the memory clocks values than AMD so when comparing with the reference values it's e.g. not actually 5000 vs. 1100 but 5000/4=1250 vs 1100.

If you decide to perform any changes in the clocking of your components you are doing so on your own responsibility.

CD Projekt RED at GC 2012 (REDkit footage)

Its time for more materials from this years GamesCom. Head over to our official blog to watch the exclusive video showing off the REDkit in action for the very first time. The long-awaited editor of the PC version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings has been received very enthusiastically during the expo by media representatives. Everyone who is interested in participating in the closed beta of the REDkit, can apply here for the early access.

cyberarmy said:
Hades in GoW3.

This, Zeus fight was pretty fun too. Not that I think about it, I really liked the Poseidon encounter too (especially the final QTE:))

Also, almost all of the bosses encounters from Karazhan (WoW) were cool as well, with Shade of Aran, Nighbane and Prince being the most memorable ones.

I guess I can add Castlevania's LOS Ice titan battle too.

The Witcher 2 for Xbox 360 sets out to conquer Japan

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition for Xbox 360 is now available in Japan for 7770 JPY. Japanese players can play the game with a cinematic localization on their home entertainment system from Microsoft. The title is excepted to be one of the largest Western hits on this market.
Japan is perceived as a market ruled by local productions. Western brands need a lot of time to build a strong position there. The first feedback that we got shows that The Witcher 2 established a solid foothold and our first steps on this market are very promising for the future. I think that for some, The Witcher 2 will be perceived as another great example of the Polish culture, such as Chopin, whose music is very popular there. We expect that many Xbox 360 owners will buy our game and love what we have prepared for them said Adam Kiciński CD Projekt REDs CEO.
The CD Projekt RED team visited Japan earlier this month and took part in one of the most popular gameplay shows Nico Nico. The live show normally running for 60 minutes was extended to two hours by the hosts, when many on-line commentators asked for more gameplay shown by The Witcher 2 dev team member. The last and fourth episode of the gameplay stream will be transmitted this Sunday with one of the devs answering the viewers questions via Skype.
Furthermore, Japans largest gaming magazine Famitsu gave The Witcher 2 a platinum score award one of the highest distinctions ever given to a Western production. All four reviewers of the game gave it a 9 out of 10 score. "We think that all Xbox 360 owners in Japan should be interested in The Witcher 2. The game is unique on this platform and offers exceptional gameplay, that should attract a vast audience here" commented Mitsutoshi Sakurai, CEO of Spike Chunsoft, The Witchers publisher in Japan.

Gamescom 2012 - Summary

CD Projekt RED started off this years Gamescom with a bang, dominating the European Games Awards and then following up with the series of presentations of the REDkit, the mod engine for the award-winning RPG, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
We have our own vision for RPGs, they should present an exciting story and give players lots of choices that really matter. The REDkit is designed to create adventures that way mature, non-linear and engrossing stories set in vivid worlds filled with believable characters. said head of the studio Adam Badowski.
The editor allows modders to create adventures in the world of Geralt of Rivia, giving players the power to create detailed environments and complex, nonlinear quests as they tell their own Witcher story. Modders from all over the world can apply for early access to the REDkit by going to thewitcher.com/redkit before 30/09/2012.
During Gamescom CD Projekt RED was also looking for talented people with the experience and drive to make the best games in the industry offering relocation package and assistance for foreigners willing to move to Warsaw. Interested parties should apply with a resume and cover letter to: careers@cdprojektred.com.
Last but not least, here are some pictures from the expo taken by members of our team.

SystemShock7 said:
The one question I have, is what would be the level of effort/responsibility/reporting CDPR expects from the beta testers? Are we supposed to fill out a questionaire after use? Write an essay? Open tickets? Continuous feed back?
I would love to sign up for it, but first I'd need to know what it is expected from the beta testers.

Can't reveal too much yet but it will probably revolve around working with our QA team as well as providing continuous feedback.

Top Bottom