Staff member

+
227 said:
I think the problem is that "modding enthusiasts" sounds like "those who are enthusiastic about making mods" rather than the way you meant it, because the "modding" part of that is non-specific as to whether it's about creators or users. Something like, "Vote for your favorite mods!" would probably make for a less misleading title.

/2cents

Believe me, when the toolset is released, the title of the newspost announcing it won't be misleading:)

227 said:
Psh, Batman never liked you, either.

Misleading thread title is messing with the emotions of the whole Justice League.

Well, I can't agree here, I'm afraid. Modding enthusiasts are probably the best people to vote in this kind of polls since they are heavy mod users.

Corylea said:
Thank you, Slimgrin. "Medical Problems" is indeed eligible. They don't let you vote separately for MP1 or MP2; instead, they've made a page for MP as a whole, here:
http://www.moddb.com...edical-problems

All of the pictures and information and stuff are on the pages with the individual chapters, so the MP-as-a-whole page (which I didn't know about at first) is a little blank. I'd put up some pictures and stuff, but I'm about to run off to a doctor's appointment because I've been having -- you guessed it -- medical problems.

Thanks, Slimgrin, for pointing out that "Medical Problems" is eligible!

Thanks for this! I was looking for Medical Problems 2 voting page but could not find it. When I went there, there was no option to vote.

Already fixed:)

@Slimgrin: Good! I never liked Batman.

Calling modding enthusiasts from all over the world!

It’s time for 10th annual Mod of the year awards at MODDB.com. Our first game is still very popular among the modding community, hence four mods that you can vote for this year.
Here are the candidates:
FCR
The Crossroads (coming soon)
And a curse, and love, and betrayal
Medical Problems

If for some reason you missed modifications discussed above, now it’s great time to take a closer look at them. There are little over four days left so let the voting begin! Oh, and keep your fingers crossed people.:)

A thank you note

December is here, so it’s time for all sorts of award ceremonies and conclusions. We have managed to win a few in lately, like Fun & Serious Game Festival (European PC game, best European RPG and for the best game scripts) and Whatifgaming (Best PC Game, Best Graphics Technology, Best Artistic Design, Best Voice Acting). We would like to thank you all for your continued support for our game and the team.

I updated the game from 1.2 to 1.3 using the 1.2->1.3 version of the 1.3 patch to be found here. Patching was successful and allowed for further patching to 1.35 and afterwards to 2.0. The checksum for the 1.2->1.3 version currently on our website is indeed 28d4e083706bd0169890c332f297df98.
We do change the versions of patches on the website sometimes for various reasons. I recommend using the version from our website.

I will check if patching the game from 1.2 to 1.3 with this patch is possible.
However, for a freshly installed version of the game I recommend patching with 0->1.35 version of the hotfix 1.35 and then with 1.35->2.0 version of patch 2.0. There is few people who still need patches like 1.2->1.3 and maybe that is how a possible corruption could go unnoticed. As I said I shall investigate.

TBH, I don't recognize this variable but a quick search online tells me that it is related to having a game called Aveyond installed. I think you could do the further research on this topic yourself as this is not one of our games.

Regarding the patching of TW2 - if your temp and tmp are already on a different partition then you should be able to patch the game. I get it that you still are not and you are receiving an error about temporary files, diacritic signs etc.? Are you by any chance installing the Polish version of the game?

1. The version of the game installed from disks does not have a proper witcher2.exe pre-patching, its version doesn't matter. To patch a freshly installed game take the 0->1.35 version of 1.35 hotfix. Afterwards update it to 2.0.

2. To deal with the lack of space on the system drive:
You could move your temp and tmp to a different partition. In your System Properties find a section called Environment Variables. The values are usually: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp (and TMP) and %USERPROFILE% usually stands for C:\Users\ . Adjust this to match the path of your choice.

Additionally, the game creates two folders, the main installation one and one for configuration settings and saves in C:\Users\\Documents\Witcher 2\ . Have you already moved My Documents to a different drive? If not then the correct way to do it is through Properties of your Documents by changing the Target to the new location. If this is not changed with the use of Target then the location won't get properly saved in the Windows registry.

We don't have Anisotropic Filtering in the game at all.
However, when you enable Ubersampling an effect similar to 4x anisotropy is enabled. I have to add that enabling Ubersampling is represented as Ubersampling=2 in User.ini.

Top Bottom