Staff member

+
Since apparently you have a 32-bit system I can recommend trying the 3gb switch described HERE.
Also, what's the amount and type of RAM that you have, which OS are you using and which version of nVidia drivers? Is it possible that either your CPU or GPU are overclocked? If so, it could be a good idea to check if it helps to clock them back to reference specs.
Checking if your GPU does not overheat is also recommended.

Another thing you should do is play on lower resolution, like eg 1440x900 (and possibly in a window), as your 9800 GT is equal to our minimum for nVidia - 8800 GT and these gfx cards will have problems running the game on 1920-wide resolutions. If you'd like to increase your fps I'd also suggest disabling SSAO.

I suggest you copy the contents of the two disks (both the working Disk 1 and the disk with data3.cab that your friend burnt for you) onto your hard drive into one folder and install from there using setup.exe. This way you skip the stage when the installation asks for the second disk altogether.
If that doesn't help then write to help2start(at)thewitcher.com, please.

Tommy said:
Thanks for the tip and update . We could have used some help on or about the first part of October when 2.0 released and more than quite a few couldn`t upload their scores . So left with our own devices this was what we came up with .

No worries. I do understand that it was a busy time. It truly was for me as well, and tied elsewhere I could only visit the forums rarely. You should also know that I'm in awe of the wonderful job you moderators are doing here :).

Inputting your login and password through Register option in the Launcher and later through The Witcher 2\register.exe serves only the purpose of saving them in the Windows Registry, so the game knows with which account on the forums the arena scores should be associated.
So, basically, you need to register with an active login and password and later during an arena session be connected to the internet. You don't have to have register.exe open, you don't have to alt-tab to register during gameplay. You just need your login and password correctly saved to the Windows Registry.

Freesia said:
I could fix your medallion and accomodate it to detect only the monsters, but I guess that would be a downgrade :D

@Ranunculo: I apologize for both the witcher and me, but we were just busy talking about important matters. So, let´s try again this evening. I´m sure we´ll appreciate your singing properly this time... But we´ll have to wait till the witcher comes back, and see in what mood he is.
Definitely! When he is there, seducing that poor peasant girl, I think we should go "discuss the important matters" again in our room... At evening... :D

Ranuncolo said:
I'm angry at you, since you've not properly appreciated my song, you unpolite fiends! :p

I'll go and sing that to the young peasant girl who is talking to the innkeeper. I bet that she can appreciate my art more than you... tsk! :p

@Vatt'Ghern: in the name of Melitele, the peasant girl IS the succubus! Your medallion doesn't work properly! Fix it! XD
My medallion keeps buzzing like crazy, because of butterflies, how would I know?

Also, here, have another round on me and don't be so sad about our horrible behaviour about Your wonderful art. We were simply too stunned to compliment it properly

Now let's finish the contract... I enjoy peasant girls and vampires also :D

Freesia said:
Good morning.
I hope you slept well :D
Anyway, it´s hard to control all of them (at least that´s how I can put it in public - because in truth, I enjoy bothering people sometimes...)
Mhm, I slept very well. Beside the fact You didn't let me sleep until 5am, the rest of night was a nice and healthy sleep (after all You slightly exhausted me :p).

Still butterflies in bed were interesting ;)

Freesia said:
Urr, brain pain... I should not have drunk so much pear juice. Thank you for the round anyway, spinning witcher.
HEY, MATE! HOW WAS THE NIGHT?!

Oh, I love being cruel when people have hangover :D

And that wasn't just pear juice... You stole my White Gull... If You asked, I'd offer You Wives' Tears, but now You will have to suffer :p

Freesia said:
A spell at so late hour you wish? Well, illusions are always fun, so why not? :D
What would you say to one of a full glass of not pear but a prune juice... Okay, I´ll create some actually interesting (but let´s keep in mind than even sorceresses need to sleep, so my levels of imagination are quite low right now)
Hmm, I give up - butterflies it is - but only Blue Morpho butterflies. I hope you enjoy :D
Hmm... so now is the time to head to room? :D

And I indeed enjoy butterflies... unless that one keeps hitting my forehead...

Indeed, it's one of those always-trues. Just like it's always true the drowners are easy to kill, dwarfs drink like crazy and sorceresses are beautiful :D

Show me some nice spell... bring here some nice illusion! Hmm... butterflies maybe? I'll leave it to Your creativity :p

Yuikami... but You're also a witcher! Witcherette actually...

Freesia said:
Nothing better than an Friday evening in a company of intelligent and attractive person

Thank you, but let´s not continue please, I actually need my hands for casting spells you know, and I don´t want to end up like a frog while the origin purpose would be to undress for exapmle. I hope you understand.
Isn't it strange that the motive of undressing You comes quite often up in out conversation? :D

Still, indeed, I don't feel like having some archmaster curse around here to solve. That would be highly unfortunate...

Where's that bard!? I knew he would be like Dandelion! Just get money, buy booze and find a busty lady who would appreciate the art. Hah, they are all the same it seems!

Freesia said:
Hmm, I wouldn´t want to ruin your reputation of a strong man, but if you insist :D I promise not to use any spells...

I´m glad you are willing to provide us an entertainment, and even though I prefer to take care of myself under every circumstances, I must admit it´s refreshing to be taken care of for a change.
I'm just returning the favour of being nice to me, m'lady :)

Phew... indeed You ARE strong. That's the first draw I have ever had, my compliments!

Freesia said:
Good. You wouldn´t have to leave in one piece, if you tried that.

You deserved the money, so you´re free to use as you wish. A good idea, a drink for everyone, maybe we´ll get those people hiding under table out of there :)

Ohh, the night is so young, there is still so many things to do... I´d leave the room option as a last solution, when we try and enjoy all other ways of fun, what do you say?
Hmm... we could hand wrestle if You want :D

Why don't You sing something for the lady? She's the only one willing to talk with us!

Hey, You there, under table! Where did You hide other women?

Top Bottom