Staff member

+
PetraSilie said:
Pix don't tell me where Balatongyörök is. I used wikipedia, it gave me exactly what I wanted to know. Google harassed me with all kind of travel agency who offer holidays/trips to Balatongyörök... commercial search engines make me

Why don't You use AdBlock?
I have FireFox with this plugin, so I have Internet without ads :D It is enough for one ad to show up to disable whole ad-server :D
Sometimes it's useful to block other things. And if browser game offers premium account with no ads, it's useless for me, as I disable them on my own :D

Amazing thingy

siklara said:
Greetings from Balatongyörök!

I'm on a holiday right now but couldn't stay away from my fellow witcher fans for more than a few days, so here I am, sitting in the public library, enjoying free internet for one hour. :D Gotta go though, my time is almost up and I plan to check out the local forest before sunset. Good to see that you guys are as lively as before. :)
I'll be back tomorrow for another hour, bye! :D

Check out forest? You're looking for Iorveth, aren't You? :p

If You see Nekkers around, run! And try not to walk into traps...

andysonofbob said:
the game apparently didn't download properly so I still need to download 9gb worth of file.
Thanks
Or possibly you mean that when you verify game cache it gets 9 gigs? If so then it's due to the specifics of 1.3 and 1.35 (they don't replace the whole 9 gigs packed file in the game installation folder but rather just add and remove stuff, this way you don't have to download a 9gig patch, which was the case with 1.1 and 1.2) when you re-verify the game it simply reverts to 1.2 because that's the last version that fully replaced the preceding one's files. So re-verification is not recommended at the moment.

If what happens is that after you download the game and try to run it from Steam it just prepares for launching and nothing happens then I recommend checking #19 from our Technical FAQ, which *Tommy* linked above.

Are you running the game on Ultra settings with Ubersampling on by any chance? Unfortunately Auto-detect often overestimates gfx cards, especially the mobility versions and it might've chosen it for you but your system would struggle with it on.
You can read a very good article on the performance in TW2 here: http://www.techspot.com/review/405-the-witcher-2-performance/ and check what they write about ubersampling. There were some performance improvements introduced since it was written but it still is pretty accurate.

If this problem occurs then try point 2 from our FAQ: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22348-technical-faq/

Give priority to copy-pasting the contents of the disk to your hard drive and if possible check if the problem occurs on other computers.

If nothing works write to help2start (at) thewitcher.com , describe what you already tried to fix the problem, and include your Product Activation Code, which you can find on the back cover of the User Manual (no photos necessary, just type the number).

volsung84 said:
I suppose it is a consumable then. Is it the visionary's potion?

Well... I asked about what am I:p (A giant chicken), but visionary potion hits the target well enough.

227 = 1 pt
Szypek26 = 1 pt
Thsccks = 1 pt
Guy N'wah = 1 pt
Tanhit = 1 pt
*Tommy* = 1 pt
Chuckles = 1 pt
Quixote = 1 pt
Darksavior = 1 pt
volsung84 = 2 pt
siklara = 2 pt
Ankah23= 2 pts
feddo = 2 pts
Petra Silie = 2 pts
Blackrock = 3 pts
Lyonesse = 3 pts
Ifayra = 3 pts
Unkreativ = 4 pts
Vatt`ghern = 5 pts
gen. Nighty = 5 pts
e-ahmet = 10 pts
Cassandra31EEE = 11 pts
MisterD373 = 12 pts
Vilgefortze = 12 pts
Corylea = 12 pts
Mik@`el = 17 pts
Gorthuar = 18 pts
Jack in the Green = 21 pts
56236 = 65 pts

siklara said:
Yes, it's related Geralt, but not his hair or any other part of his body, I'm not that evil. :p

Hint: Your previous guess was very close because it's some sort of a representation of Geralt (Act 2, Iorveth path only). Meh, maybe I helped too much with this, but I don't want to torture people with my stupid riddle for too long. :D
Gawd... so now I must find time to go the second path... okay, seems I'm out of this one for some time :p

Top Bottom