Vilgefortze = 12 pts
Corylea = 12 pts
Mik@`el = 17 pts
Gorthuar = 18 pts
Jack in the Green = 21 pts
56236 = 65 pts

Riddle:
There was a monster and I was it's victim
Unlike the others he wanted me with him.
I was left alive, yet dead to the world
The only things left is my fruit and story to be told.

Easy for a good start :)

LicaonKter said:
You need patch 0 only if you want to manually update to 1.1 or 1.2, the autoupdate should work ok
all the patches including patch 0 ( New install patcher ): http://www.gamepron.com/title/6511/The-Witcher-2-Assassins-of-Kings/files/Patches/
The zero day patch is not needed for anything anymore and never was since the patch 1.1.
If you want to manually update to 1.1 for some reason go straight to point 2.(!!!) here: http://en.thewitcher.com/patch/ . If you want to manually update further, to 1.2 after applying patch 1.1 apply 1.2 from here: http://en.thewitcher.com/patch1-2/

About the disappearing icons: this issue is usually connected to memory shortages and fixes from point 24. in our FAQ apply: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22348-technical-faq/

About the loss of input: This issue also can be connected to memory problems (see above) as well as to unstable overclocks of CPUs and GPUs. Restoring default clocks is recommended. Having DDR 3 RAM(rather than DDR 2) is preferable.

Corylea said:
My understanding is that even though it took forEVER for them to get the forum back up, it still isn't in its final form. So some stuff should improve over the next week or so.

Exactly, we are still working on it. Thank you for your input everybody and please keep the feedback coming. We will do out best to make this place comfortable for everyone.

227 said:
So after changing the settings in the .ini, you have to avoid using the launcher altogether or else your settings will be overwritten? Just want to be clear on this so I know whether to mention it next time :)

They will be if there is no such setting in the configurator. Let's say the Launcher only gives you option to pick 1440x900 resolution max but you change it to 1920x1200 in [Viewport]. Then if you start the game from the Launcher it will get overwritten.
If, however, you simply change Fullscreen=1 to Fullscreen=0 which can be reflected by the Launcher then it won't get overwritten. You get my meaning?

Glad it works for you now but for future reference: The (My) Documents\Witcher 2\config folder is created for all the versions of The Witcher 2 including the Steam version. That's where the user.ini you should edit is located.

After applying any changes that cannot be matched by settings set in the Launcher you should run the game from witcher2.exe so they don't get automatically overwritten though.

Due to the specifics of the last 1.3 patch (which does not replace the whole 9 gigs packed file in the game installation folder but rather just adds and removes some stuff, this way you don't have to download a 9gig patch) when you re-verify the game it simply reverts to 1.2 because that's the last version that fully replaced the preceding one's files. So re-verification won't help you here.

About the inability to run the game though; For some people right-clicking the Steam app and running it as admin (even if they are already on Admin account) is indeed enough to fix issues with launching the Steam version.

Others may discover that their antiviri stealthily quarantined, sandboxed or deleted some of our files.

For yet others it turns out to be a Registry issue. I'll write the rest as spoiler because I don't want suggestions to tinker with Registry to just lie in the open.

Open Start, there Run, type regedit and click OK. In the Registry check:
1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CD Projekt Red\The Witcher 2 - does it exist? (It should on 32-bit XP. Might on 32-bit Vista and 7.)
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CD Projekt Red\The Witcher 2 - does it exist? (It should on 64 bit systems and might on 32-bit Vista and XP)
3. If HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CD Projekt Red\The Witcher 2 or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CD Projekt Red\The Witcher 2 exists then on the right is the value for InstallFolder the same as the path to your The Witcher 2 folder? If not adjust it.
And if you lack the correct Registry entries I suggest you contact our Tech Support at the address I'm giving below.

These are just three suggestions, the issue might lie elsewhere.

In general with problems with launching the game I suggest writing to help2start (at) thewitcher.com . You may mention you read this post. It's helpful to attach your dxdiag in .txt format and to describe when exactly the game fails to launch (Nothing after clicking Launch game in the Launcher? Crash at splash screens? etc.)

Ah yes, and it's not possible to register the retail version of the game on Steam in such a way that eg. achievements would work. Sorry.

For those curious about Shani's fate here's what canonically happens to her. Based on "Pani Jeziora" (The Lady of the Lake"), the last installment of the Witcher saga by Andrzej Sapkowski.
If you prefer to wait till all the books get translated don't read it!

Shani reached the venerable age of about 90. She became a famous and revered dean at the Medicine Department of the Oxenfurt University. I can translate the whole passage telling about it if there is enough demand for it :)

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Our website will go offline tomorrow around noon Warsaw time.[pagebreak] Do not worry, we will be coming back with a brand new siteon Friday the 13thto celebrate the release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. Our message boards will also go offline Thursday night and will be down until Sunday.
Since it's all thewitcher.com, I'd like some clarification. By "the website," do you mean the part of the website that has the character summaries, screenshots, developer diaries and other information about the game? And by "the message boards" do you mean the forum?Thanks!
Everything goes down. Website comes back on Friday, forums come back on Sunday.

Nitro81NJ said:
I'm physiclly disabled making keyboard functions in a game make it diffacult. Hence why I REALLY enjoyed the original Witcher because of the control option of using the mouse for movement and commbat. Can someone PLEASE tell me TW2 has the same option. If not I'll be devastated because I pre-ordered and been anticibpating it for a long time! Thanks for the info and help.
Hi Nitro and welcome on our Witcher boards:)Sorry for lack of reply from my side but as you mentioned it was weekend and I had rather limited access to computer.Don't worry, we have implemented some additional control methods so everyone can enjoy our game. It basically adds a possibility of assigning move buttons to your mouse so there's no need for keyboard. You will be able to play The Witcher 2 as soon as it's released.Regards,

Thsccks said:
Thsccks said:
@slimgrin: I can't, I play on consoles.
So...you are not going to play TW2 on pc either and will be waiting for it on console?
1. We have not announced a console version yet so I don't know what are you talking about:)2. I'm actually putting together a PC so I'll be able to play it.3. Mortal Kombat is so awesome!! Who do you use Seeker?

@slimgrin: I can't, I play on consoles.Speaking of Castlevania... Game is great! I would recommend it to anyone who played previous games (even though it's a reboot). And it takes about 20 hours to finish it which is rare since you can finish majority of games in 10-12 hours nowadays.

Top Bottom