[ACT II] Broke a Mysterious tower

+
[ACT II] Broke a Mysterious tower

Once Vivaldi got captured, I posted his bail.But before he left the jail I asked him about the books and he gave them to me.But the quest is stuck on visit Vivaldi at his home to get the books.

Have you visited him at home? Maybe if you do that, the quest will move on.I know that I've gotten the books from Vivaldi as soon as he's released at least once before, and the quest was fine, so you should be able to move on after you see him at home.

Sometimes it can seem that there are so many choices to make in this game that it's just overwhelming. And, at least IMO, that can lead to confusion. In this case, remember that there is a reason you went looking for these two books in the first place. Someone else wanted them. If you now have the books, both of them, return to the person who asked for them and give them the books.

I've read the books and returned to kalestien and it still seems hung up here.I'll double check again tonight though.

Sometimes--what do I mean, sometimes? usually--the quest triggers in the Witcher are very literal. So if the quest says "Go to Vivaldi's house and talk to him" you have to go there and speak to Vivaldi to move the quest along. Doesn't matter what you talk to old V. about (though he does have some interesting things to say), it's that you go to his house and talk to him. As you've noticed, talking to him in other places doesn't count...you have to talk to him in his home. Don't ask me why it's that way...I can only say that my experience has shown me that it's very important to follow directions exactly.

Obviously the original issue on a quest "hang up" is a little too complex to answer straight. If you seem to be "stuck" you obviously are missing SOMETHING quest-wise, ie haven't talked to somebody about something, haven't found a required item etc.I agree that the journal is pretty good at telling you what you need to do next. Only once in a while have I been stuck on an issue (esp trying to find "raven's armor" in Act IV, then realising that the quest runs into Act V ::))More information is needed to answer a Q like this. Pls give a list of the quests still active in your journal and the status of all of them.It could be sephirot-related / kalkstein-related / vizima confidential-related - you name it.

Shouldn't be a problem there. I usually talk to him in jail to get the books and the quest works just fine. Do make sure to read BOTH books and return to Kalkstein.

Top Bottom