[ACT III] Triggering Gold Rush?

+
[ACT III] Triggering Gold Rush?

I didn't get the "rush gold" quest right after finishing "a posh reception" - is there anything I can do to trigger it, except and wait and hope to be lucky, and would it be too late for it after I am done with the 2 salamandra camps and can continue with the main quest?

You could go back to the reception and make sure you've talked to everybody there that you're supposed to talk to. Or you could try hanging around the Trade Quarter for a bit, and see if he catches up with you.I don't usually get it immediately after "Posh Reception," so it may still happen.Edited to add:This is from the Witcher wiki: "It seems that this quest trigger actually requires both completion of the banquet and talking to Siegfried, possibly both talking to Siegfried and making a choice about the elven unit in the cemetery in Six Feet Under (started by talking to Siegfried). If you do not talk to Siegfried at all after starting Act III, you can complete the reception and then do many other things without this triggering, even if you go in and out of the Trade District frequently over several days of game time. The boy will then come for you soon after you finally do talk to Siegfried. Doing the sewer rescue quest for Yaevinn is another trigger, even if you don't talk to Siegfried. "The wiki should be your first stop with any question -- there's a LOT of information there!

hey, I know about the wiki, and I thought I already read the entry about that quest, but somehow I've missed this passage..I suppose I should get it now, thanks ma'am =)oh, btw, I can't find triss either..she's not in the house neither in the day nor in the night, and only leuvaarden is in the inn's second floor. Maybe I'll find her after dealing with Siegfried's quest as well?

velkito said:
oh, btw, I can't find triss either..she's not in the house neither in the day nor in the night, and only leuvaarden is in the inn's second floor. Maybe I'll find her after dealing with Siegfried's quest as well?
That's strange. I don't think I've ever gone to Leuvaarden's reception after 6 p.m. and not found her there. But she's a plot character, so she can't die; she's around somewhere. :)

hmm, got to gold rush, completed it and found triss afterwards. Now to look for siegfried. Also, where can I find cockatrices for one of the contracts? The first time I was at Act III I couldn't find a single one, and this time I still can't, even though I thought I've explored pretty much everywhere..

velkito said:
Also, where can I find ****** for one of the contracts? The first time I was at Act III I couldn't find a single one, and this time I still can't, even though I thought I've explored pretty much everywhere..
What you need to find for the contracts was censored ::), which leads me to believe that you're looking for c o c k a t r i c e s. If so, they're in the cave in the swamp.

Triggers for Gold Rush:Completing Six Feet UnderORCompleting Memories of YesterdayCompleting either one of these triggers Gold Rush. You don't need to have the other if you have one. Finding out how to do both of them might be the most troublesome way of all.

Being a completionist i always do both, so it's not that hard :) which is what makes me skeptical about them being the triggers as i never get interrupted between completing one and then the other

I didn't even have Six Feet Under (hadn't talked to Siegfried), did Echoes of Yesterday and as soon as I exited the sewer into the Trade Quarter, the quest triggered. I have tested things a bit more and that's what caused it to happen.

to do them both, you must do six feet under first and then do echoes of yesterday, so while the latter may indeed trigger gold rush, i don't think the former does :)

Yeah, I noticed that on the wiki. I'll be testing it. But the last time I reached Chapter 3, I had not even visited the swamp and I had Gold Rush trigger after doing Six Feet Under, so we'll see how it goes. I do have Posh Reception completed.It may be that if you delay Posh Reception and do Six Feet Under and Echoes first, you get the trigger after Posh Reception. I'll keep an eye out on it. There aren't that many variables to control. as I have completed a lot of the side quests in Chapter 3, but all of the main quests except Posh Reception are still open.

what i have in the wiki is my personal strategy so i always put off the posh reception until after i've completed both echoes of yesterday and six feet under ... so i've done that at least 25 times and it does work as i say it does :)i also do dandelion's lute before the reception and sometimes the trophy quests :)

Undoubtedly. If it has a requirement of Posh Reception + EITHER Six Feet Under OR Echoes, then your way allows doing both. The wiki would benefit from having it spelled out that in order to do both of these, Posh Reception must be postponed until after they are both done.I'll see if both are doable even though I've Done Posh Reception. If they aren't, I'll just have to do without Echoes then. This time around.

Okay, on second reading, yes, the information is there. Tell you what, I can take some time later to write new notes entries there and you can then see what to keep and what to discard as you see fit. Sound good to you?

The Gold Rush wiki entry now has a fairly detailed explanation of how, why and when it triggers, what causes it and what the various options are. Go ahaead and prettify it if you like. I removed the old entry for the trigger conditions, because it was too speculative and tied only to your specific approach, widow. If you want the mostly unaltered entry back without reverting, I have that saved as text, so can email it to you if you like.

Top Bottom