Chinese update on English PC?

+
Chinese update on English PC?

I apologize if this is a duplicate topic. I couldn't figure out how to search the forum (and don't know if it's even possible). I haven't played The Witcher 2 in a while (several months). Today, I launch the game and it tells me...

Patch_3.2 Chinese update is ready for download. Do you want to download now? [Yes] [No]

I select [No]. I can launch/play the game as usual. I'm pretty sure my game is up-to-date otherwise. Assuming that the application launches from C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher 2\bin, the file version on witcher2.exe is 3.2.1.0.

Has anyone else received this message? Other than having to click [No], it doesn't seem to pose a problem. So, I'm just curious.

Yeah, it comes up for everybody, at least if you have the English localization. If you accept it, it's not that big and will install quickly enough, then the Launcher won't keep bugging you about it. And it doesn't damage anything.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I’ve got a problem with this update as well. I, too, am prompted to download it every time I start the launcher but clicking “Yes” just makes an empty error message appear followed by the launcher saying “Connection refused. Retrying in 10 seconds.” :/

I’ve had the same problem with all other updates but installing them manually always did the trick. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find a manual download for that particular patch though.

I'm tempted to say yes just so it quits asking me. Then again, I have no use for it, so it seems like a waste of space on my hard drive.

The alternative solution is to run the witcher2.exe directly from /bin, instead of running the launcher. This will bypass autoupdates. You may still want to run from the launcher occasionally to make sure you haven't missed anything.

Here`s a manual link for 3.2 if anyone is interested and it`s a very small download .

http://en.thewitcher.com/patch3-2/

That’s the one I originally used but I still get the Chinese update prompt so I guess that one is not included in the file you linked to?

Demut said:
That’s the one I originally used but I still get the Chinese update prompt so I guess that one is not included in the file you linked to?
Updated to the EE and 3.1 before trying to apply 3.2 ? Also be sure and add the launcher exe to the list of allowed applications in your firewall .

EDIT :
Also try the 1st post from the link .
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32078-news-chinese-language-update-for-the-witcher-2/

But yeah, I’ve been busy these past months. I recently remembered that I hadn’t played the 2.0 version (well, 3.3 now) of the game yet and decided to give it another go. Subsequently, I also visited the boards again. By the way, this is only my second playthrough so I went with the Iorveth path and the Dark Mode this time. Still lovin’ it as much as on Day 1.

Top Bottom