[Act IV] Potential Act IV problems

+
[Act IV] Potential Act IV problems

Just wanted to confirm whether the problems listed below could break my game and make me restart from the prologue again.1. After beating the Rock, he is no longer standing with the other fistfighters. The "boss" fistfighters from the first 3 chapters used to stand around and say something when you talk to them after beating them.2. The Vodyan priest refuses to reappear after I killed a trio of Dagon worshippers. I am now waiting for him to show up to advance the ripple quest.I've also noticed a distinct lack of giant centipedes when wandering around the village and fields areas.Should I be worried? Restarting back from the prologue for a 3rd time is not my idea of fun. Is there a way to force the game to reload all act information from scratch in the event a backup save in a different folder fails to overwrite the corrupted save?

Issue number 1 is no biggie ;) if you've beaten him already then he's of absolutely no use, though you'll probably still find him if you come to the inn at the right time2- The Vodyan priest will reappear after you've progressed enough in "the heat of day" quest, for me he appeared after I gave the mirror shards to the elven craftsmanDon't worry about the lack of giant centipedes either, they're kinda rare once you've killed a couple at night, but they'll swarm you like crazy when you're going to get Alvin from the ruins

TheHeartofDarkness said:
Issue number 1 is no biggie ;) if you've beaten him already then he's of absolutely no use, though you'll probably still find him if you come to the inn at the right time2- The Vodyan priest will reappear after you've progressed enough in "the heat of day" quest, for me he appeared after I gave the mirror shards to the elven craftsmanDon't worry about the lack of giant centipedes either, they're kinda rare once you've killed a couple at night, but they'll swarm you like crazy when you're going to get Alvin from the ruins
Thanks so much! I was stuck too, waiting for the Vodyan priest to show. I tried everything else, now I'll try this.

harleyquin84 said:
Just wanted to confirm whether the problems listed below could break my game and make me restart from the prologue again.1. After beating the Rock, he is no longer standing with the other fistfighters. The "boss" fistfighters from the first 3 chapters used to stand around and say something when you talk to them after beating them.2. The Vodyan priest refuses to reappear after I killed a trio of Dagon worshippers. I am now waiting for him to show up to advance the ripple quest.I've also noticed a distinct lack of giant centipedes when wandering around the village and fields areas.Should I be worried? Restarting back from the prologue for a 3rd time is not my idea of fun. Is there a way to force the game to reload all act information from scratch in the event a backup save in a different folder fails to overwrite the corrupted save?
A lack of centipedes? Are you

Speaking of potential Act IV problems, I'm having a problem where every time I leave the village next to the inn the game closes. It's right when I reach the path that leads to the inn where it does this. Does anyone know why or having the same issue? :(

heckxyes said:
Speaking of potential Act IV problems, I'm having a problem where every time I leave the village next to the inn the game closes. It's right when I reach the path that leads to the inn where it does this. Does anyone know why or having the same issue? :(
My CTD issue is more random, but one thing that could help is to defragment your hard drive. Try that and also clean boot your PC and see if it persists.

Thaler said:
Thaler said:
My CTD issue is more random, but one thing that could help is to defragment your hard drive. Try that and also clean boot your PC and see if it persists.
Thanks so much!

I usually defragment my computer every 2 or 3 months so I was doubtful at first that this would help but it did. Thanks so much!

heckxyes said:
I usually defragment my computer every 2 or 3 months so I was doubtful at first that this would help but it did. Thanks so much!
Glad to hear it, heckxyes. I've found that games in general just work better when you defragment more frequently. Also, I generally disable my antivirus program while playing. Every little thing helps make the game smoother!Rick

petestar1969 said:
ACt IV of The Witcher, kind of like Hallowe'en 3, completely unrelated to the rest and crap!
Not quite. It tells you about a lot of tension between humans and nonhumans. It also develops Alvin's character, and Berengar's character a lot.

PlatinumVanguard said:
PlatinumVanguard said:
ACt IV of The Witcher, kind of like Hallowe'en 3, completely unrelated to the rest and crap!
Not quite. It tells you about a lot of tension between humans and nonhumans. It also develops Alvin's character, and Berengar's character a lot.
Yes but its not set in Vizima like the rest of the actual game (excluding the lame prologue)

petestar1969 said:
petestar1969 said:
petestar1969 said:
Yes but its not set in Vizima like the rest of the actual game (excluding the lame prologue)
At least it was a refreshing change of scenery... did you really want to spend more time in that muck-filled city?

it's also a relatively action-packed little place for random sexual encouters -- they know how to show a witcher a good time in the country

petestar1969 said:
Yes but its not set in Vizima like the rest of the actual game
This adds realism and tension to the fact that Geralt has been condemned to death by the current ruler of Vizima -- he's officially a criminal and has to hide out to avoid being executed. Personally, I thought that was a masterstroke -- here Geralt and I have been running around righting wrongs for hours, and now suddenly we're a criminal -- I was highly annoyed and started muttering to myself about what I'd do to Adda the next time I saw her.

I did not show her the "Good time" she wanted at the party.With that, I was fully expecting that bad things would come from her.

Top Bottom