Hello, Night City!

+
they were going for a more Rock n Roll style atmosphere.

Then, I do not care. Rock n Roll is not the same as Cyberpunk (Blader Runner Style) game. They mislead people by the first trailer five years ago, which looked more like a Blade Runner atmosphere.

• RED Point
Reactions: Yex
Not entirely copying it, but inspiring on it. That's what I mean. The similar setting and colorful palm sunny graphics. Will you deny it? And the city, action, cars etc.

RPG does not even come to my mind at this moment.

That's what it looks like here though. That's where GTA got it, from the real place. Like if you set a game in DC, it might be odd to not have the mall, monuments and museums.

Then, I do not care. Rock n Roll is not the same as Cyberpunk (Blader Runner Style) game. They mislead people by the first trailer five years ago, which looked more like a Blade Runner atmosphere.

They said this thing about Rock n Roll, and bringing back PUNK to CyberPunk in 2013, so how is that misleading? I think night scenes from new trailer look very similar to 2013 trailer.

This reminded me too much of GTA or Watch Dogs 2. I absolutely hate saying that, but this was my immediate reaction.

I've seen many people already expressing disappointment with the trailer. I think many of us expected a darker, more gritty take on Cyberpunk. The world is too bright and colorful in my opinion. The original concept trailer from 2013 was much more in line with what I hoped for.

+1

Punk is more than mohawk hairs, neon or the 80s white teens stereotype. Punk is in-your-face escape against staleness, rigidity and suffocation. Punk is not a natural fit in a world that feels open and warm. The second trailer wants to show its Southern Cal vibe because the source placed it there but LA did not give birth to punk, the bankrupted 70s NYC did. 70s NYC could be bright and some parts were clean and nice but the city definitely was not open and warm.

I got the feeling the punk in CP2077 is really more hip-hop than punk. In that case the second trailer is just fine. hip-hop is far more popular and diverse today than punk and younger generation probably think the only differences between dystopian punk and dystopian hip-hop are the music and white people in mohawks vs. black people in sagging jeans.

Not entirely copying it, but inspiring on it. That's what I mean. The similar setting and colorful palm sunny graphics. Will you deny it? And the city, action, cars etc.

RPG does not even come to my mind at this moment.

http://cyberpunk.wikia.com/wiki/Night_City

Welcome to Night City, located on the California Coast 70 years from now, 50 years after someone set off a low yield nuke and destroyed half of the Corp Zone.

And Cyberpunk 2020 has always been Rock n Roll.

I'm sorry mate but you mislead yourself here, you wanted Blade Runner and Deus Ex, Cyberpunk 2020/2077 is neither, it is its own thing. If you would, look up all the interviews that involved Cyberpunk 2077, it's been known for awhile now what to expect from this game in certain factors.

They said this thing about Rock n Roll, and bringing back PUNK to CyberPunk in 2013, so how is that misleading? I think night scenes from new trailer look very similar to 2013 trailer.

Well, I only referred my sentence to the first trailer, not to what they have said afterward. I refer my experience to what I can see, hear, not to what someone says.

Punk is more than mohawk hairs, neon or the 80s white teens stereotype. Punk is in-your-face escape against staleness, rigidity and suffocation. Punk is not a natural fit in a world that feels open and warm. The second trailer wants to show its Southern Cal vibe because the source placed it there but LA did not give birth to punk, the bankrupted 70s NYC did. 70s NYC could be bright and some parts were clean and nice but the city definitely was not open and warm.

I got the feeling the punk in CP2077 is really more hip-hop than punk. In that case the second trailer is just fine. hip-hop is far more popular and diverse today than punk and younger generation probably think the only differences between dystopian punk and dystopian hip-hop are the music and white people in mohawks vs. black people in sagging jeans.

There's been a long standing bit that fashion and trends move west. That's how I'm seeing this. It's gone mainstream now on the west coast and that's where the trailer is on the timeline. It's all common and uninteresting to the every day person now. Derivative instead of disruptive.

• RED Point
Punk is more than mohawk hairs, neon or the 80s white teens stereotype.

Very true, Cyberpunk is also High Tech-Low Life, which is what we saw in the trailer. The World of Cyberpunk 2020 that Mike Pondsmith wrote is also the other side of the looking glass, in that world someone turned left instead of right and everything went right and wrong in some many places.

mmm, i think the cartoony style in the new Trailer plus the bright colors not fit with my expectation.

Sorry, I just don't see any cartoony graphics in the trailer and bright colors fits, this is Cyberpunk and the future. This isn't Blade Runner or Dues Ex, this is Cyberpunk 2020.

Sorry, I just don't see any cartoony graphics in the trailer and bright colors fits, this is Cyberpunk and the future. This isn't Blade Runner or Dues Ex, this is Cyberpunk 2020.

Watch the Blade Runner then. You might see a difference if you are a smart guy :)

I don't know... I expected something more dark and violent.
Too much daytime, I expected more time-night action.
And the music was fucking horrible, a piece of shit really, that generic techno shit... I don't know, maybe some New Retro Wave style suits it's better... but really, the music was awful...

Looks great...but I expected a bit darker version. Even if you can play in a day time they could convince more people by showing more night times. Because of that I have not been blown away. Prefer vision of Mike Pondsmith:
"Play at night. This goes hand in hand with a dark future. Sunshine and Cyber-punk don't mix. Even if the characters are in Bermuda, never play during the day unless the weather is cloudy, drizzly and generally miserable. Avoid playing Cyberpunk on nice days-it's distracting "

• RED Point
Watch the Blade Runner then. You might see a difference if you are a smart guy :)
But, as was already stated multiple times, this game is not Blade Runner nor Deus Ex. It's Cyberpunk.
Besides, it's kinda funny when first you say they should create something of their own and not copy GTA, and then you immediately contradict yourself, saying they should copy Deus Ex to be more 'real'.

Honestly, I think that when the damage-control night trailer releases people are gonna shit their pants of hype.

CDPR just screwed with expectations badly. Although what was going to happen was so obvious, I wonder if its not all part of some kind of plan.

Very much this.

I admit, the palette took me aback. I mean, I prefer my Night City rainier and darker. BUT, it looked amazing and it's quite reasonable. You could certainly see echoes of the first trailer in the alley scene with the gun-girl and the cop AV moving past.

We will have to see more.

Same, I think we were all expecting something as dark and moody as the first trailer, but it was the exact opposite of that. Which I think was intentional.

You must understand that people love different aspects of Cyberpunk, and some people just didn't like the flavour that was presented in the E3 trailer. It's quite a departure from what many of us had expected. You must agree that it's better for a Cyberpunk game to take inspiration from Blade Runner or Deus Ex, and not from boring mainstream titles like GTA and Watch Dogs 2, which by the looks of it they are trying to emulate.

But, as was already stated multiple times, this game is not Blade Runner nor Deus Ex. It's Cyberpunk.
Besides, it's kinda funny when first you say they should create something of their own and not copy GTA, and then you immediately contradict yourself, saying they should copy Deus Ex to be more 'real'.

No, I did not say that. I just said it would have been a lesser evil. That would be something that I would have preferred a lot more. That's all. Cannot you see the difference?

And if it's not a Blade Runner, then I am out. Just get it. I do not care about Mike's image of Cyberpunk.

• RED Point
WOOHOOO!!! I've been waiting for this day!

Don't know where to post this (there's no fanart thread yet?) but I've made Cyberpunk 2077 themed signatures for me to use all over the Internet and desktop backgrounds. My PC is not ready, but it can at least dress for the occasion. :D

No doubt I'll make some real fanart when I start playing the game. :LOL:

My only real gripe with the setting so far is the scale, even if it's a bit hard to tell from the trailer footage.
I think the buildings could do with being WAY taller as right now it seems more like a moderately sized current city, and not really a huge sprawling city landscape. I wouldn't even mind if they make a large city landscape outside the borders of the map as decoration.

Maybe I'm being a bit picky, but I can't imagine it would fuck with the current level design if they just added a few more stories to the buildings.

Top Bottom