Ciri in Cyberpunk

+
Yea, I still think it could work... I mean, sure, there is no magic in (what's basically) our world, but that still leaves her a pretty capable fighter in a setting where swords are a thing again. I really don't see much of a problem there...

It's because there is no magic that you will not see Ciri in Night CIty in a physical appearance at all.

Again, No Magic Means No Ciri. You'll either get a poser gang dressed up as Witcher Characters or you'll find a Cyberpunk GameStop with a copy of a Ciri Adventure game.

In the Witcher 3, Ciri was talking about being in the future, in cyberpunk's era.
She only talked about a generic future world, not Night City. She never went to Night City because Night City is based in reality where there is no magic.

As an easter egg, where she appears, stands in awe for a second & then vanishes? Yeah, maybe. As an NPC? No.

Nope, won't happen..there is no magic in Cyberpunk so she won't show up in a physical form like that.

It's because there is no magic that you will not see Ciri in Night CIty in a physical appearance at all.

Again, No Magic Means No Ciri. You'll either get a poser gang dressed up as Witcher Characters or you'll find a Cyberpunk GameStop with a copy of a Ciri Adventure game.
Why? Ciri stated in TW3 that it was a world without magic, so she also didn't use any, that's why Eredin didn't find her there for several months... don't forget, her powers aren't dependent on magic being possible in the worlds she visits, since her powers come from with within herself, she can always use them.

So, while I agree that it might result in a cheesy cameo if she did show up as a character, I don't see why it's not possible...

Why? Ciri stated in TW3 that it was a world without magic

Because it is a world without magic and to add another piece of evidence..it's a separate ip, this would be like having Ewoks make a cameo in Back to the Future. She described a stereotypical "science world".

Because it is a world without magic and to add another piece of evidence..it's a separate ip, this would be like having Ewoks make a cameo in Back to the Future. She described a stereotypical "science world".
Both IPs are owned by CDPR though... ah, no matter. I still think it would be nice, if done right. We'll see...

Both IPs are owned by CDPR though... ah, no matter. I still think it would be nice, if done right. We'll see...

Mike Pondsmith is the owner of Cyberpunk 2020 kind of still has a say in what happens in 2077, I think.
He most likely set a rule that CDPR needs to clear stuff through him before they proceed with something because Mike has spent a long time finding someone that would make Cyberpunk 2020 video game and not just some other game and slap Cyberpunk on it. This is his baby and he has a lot of stake in it just like CDPR does.

I'm not sure if I'll enjoy seeing Ciri for a split-second, I don't know if I'll enjoy having Ciri as an interactive NPC, I don't know if I'll be disappointed if I don't see her.

If there is a cameo, it depends on how it's done. A short, simple glimpse of her would be pretty cool.

I would be satisfied if there's a small sidequest somewhere with her. Just an infiltration mission or something like that as a gift to the fans. I definitely don't want something crammed into the main story or a split-second cameo. But a small, balanced mission with her would be awesome.

Not as an active character or anything of course, but seeing her make a cameo or two would make me very happy.

I would prefer if she's just chilling somewhere, maybe if we talk to her she says a line or two, than anything referencing The Witcher, travelling withing worlds or disappearing in a flash of light. Just another NPC living in the city (I bet she's not the only one hiding in that place).

How about Ciri talkig about Cyberpunk? :)

And some people are going to think this is real and that Ciri will be in 2077...
She will be, on the cover of the newest game from CDPChrome, The Witcher 22: Ciri behind the Looking Glass, found at your local GameStop, this fall of 2078.

Mike Pondsmith is the owner of Cyberpunk 2020 kind of still has a say in what happens in 2077, I think.
He most likely set a rule that CDPR needs to clear stuff through him before they proceed with something because Mike has spent a long time finding someone that would make Cyberpunk 2020 video game and not just some other game and slap Cyberpunk on it. This is his baby and he has a lot of stake in it just like CDPR does.
I think the point people are making is that none of us can say definitively whether or not she will make a cameo.

That's not me agreeing with having her in (I'd prefer she wasn't), but just an acknowledgement of the possibility. CDPR can do, frankly, whatever the hell they want, and a small cameo from Ciri is not going to destroy anybody's experience if the rest of the game is on-point.

Again, I don't want it either, but let's avoid statements like "nope, never, impossible" because none of us can say for sure. It might be impossible in the context of the story, but not from a game design/CDPR perspective.

I also agree with you that CIri wasn't necessarily referring to the CP world. I've brought that up to other pro-ciri folks in the past and been yelled at for it, but her words could refer to any number of worlds.

I don't think Ciri showing up would be such an outlandish idea, especially since as a small cameo. Devs do silly stuff like that in their games all the time, doubt even Mike would have an issue with that.

I don't think Ciri showing up would be such an outlandish idea,
It would due to the no magic rule of the world of Cyberpunk.

I think the point people are making is that none of us can say definitively whether or not she will make a cameo.

I've yet to see a pro-ciri person make that remark only those that don't care. Most what I've seen is Ciri fans thinking we should see Ciri just because she talked about a futuristic world. But I get where you're coming from.

Maybe if we have 2077 legit posts here asking for that, by the game comes out the reds would've seen this and consider by the time the game comes out . Just an afterthought aye?

I couln't disagree more with your point of view, or your arguments (with respect). There have been easter eggs in Dragon Age Inquisition from Mass Effect (the krogan trophy head), they don't have a shit in common but owned by the same devs and it's a FUN idea. So, doable. Cyberpunk was long way into production since 2012, so why devs wouldn't put this easter egg in TW3 in 2015? Breadcrumbs & sinergy in action.

Then there is the matter of magic. There's no point in the destiny's location being magical or not, but from departure place. Ciri can appear in any dimension through a portal, since the non-magical scifi world she describes in TW3 (99% Night city), to our very same realm, the Earth. Like when Geralt breaks the 4th wall at the end, or in the anniversary video, and talks and looks to us. If he can be conscious of our realm, Ciri definitively could travel here, or, more probably, to NIGHT CITY.

You mention Mike Pondsmith being against this. Just like Andrej Sapkowski could be with many pop references or licenses devs took that weren't on the books... CD Projekt will respect the soul of this, but making its own. Pondmith is dreaming awake with this shit happenning.

Why do you have to cut off people ilusions? You speak as your word were the truth. Let us dream.

CIRI IS IN

Last edited:
Top Bottom