FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S.ta.l.k.e.r is a fantastic game but not an rpg.

People always think that a "Role Play Game" has to have a skill tree or levels, or a character creator...but that is far from the truth. Having skill trees and levels are mechanics, the actual Role is what you do in the world with the stuff that is given to you, but in most cases the "freedom" given is not real, you are always following a path and in your journey you are aquiring new skills or abilities (or changing your look...wow that is so RPG!!).
As I said, you might have skills or abilities that makes you feel that that character is yours (not you but yours) but the main story never changes, your path is the one given and that is where it ends.

In S.T.A.L.K.E.R you don't really need any skill tree or levels, you just need to be you (or the character given but with your thinking) and do your own thing in the world with a minor path given at the beginning, then you may encounter things in the world but you are never forced to interact with that, you are always thinking of what to do next by your own. (and of course you have quests and such that might "guide you" but those are given like in most RPG's by talking with NPC's at certain places and so on, and there is something guiding you to an end as well, but that end changes because of your actions)

So to me it is a RPG, you can be a Stalker or join a faction if you so desire and make friends or enemies, ne neutral to them all (aside from those that hate everyone), and so on. You are the one that changes the path of the story like in almost any other RPG but even with more sense than in most of them to be honest.

If it is not...heck I never felt so much involved with my character in any game and felt that anything that I made in it was relevant to how it all eneded, not even with Geralt in The Witcher 3 felt that in the same level. Weird isn't it?

Now cd project decided to ignore this based on a subjective statement.. DIsappointing the core farm.. The people that despite waiting years for a shred of news they stuck around...
1528841982631.jpeg

You are clearly overestimating community influence on CDPR decisions... They are professionals, they know what they are doing.

Trust me.

In my opinion these are really bad analogies.
If it has shooting and it's first person it falls under the FPS Genre. Cyberpunk sounds like a FPS with heavy RPG elements. TPM isnt even a genre and in Skyrim (open world rpg) you could go 1st or 3rd person (if this game had that option this thread wouldn't exist btw). Bloodlines FPS with RPG elements. This is how I would categorize these games but to each their own.

Worth adding that the best weapons in Bloodlines were melee ones due to most creatures taking lethal damage rather than ordinary damage, and you could do melee in 3rd person.

One of my big concerns here is that I have never, not one time ever, seen melee combat done well from the first person perspective. No, not in Bethesda games either. This basically all but guarantees that combat in the game is going to be heavily, heavily focused on shooting.

Then again, I'd never seen an open world game with the sort of story telling and character development of the Witcher 3 prior to that happening either so, who knows, maybe CDPR will have cracked the code.

Undeniably true. But something being massively successful and something that I personally want to play aren't necessarily the same thing.

Well you are getting into a paradox here really,because if something is massively successful,it means that it's something that many many others personally want to play. So your own argument is like it's implying that whatever YOU want to play is the testament of how a game should be made

I just wanted to thank you the people that are doing an account to share their disappointment... Hopefully cd project red will listen but after this... Surprise...
I am not incline to trust them anymore.

guys does anyone know then we are gonna get gameplay ?
Not during this year's E3, I'm certain. If we're lucky, Gamescom, but next year is more likely.
If the game was ready enough to show (and it isn't, which is why CDPR made the statement in their hidden letter than it's still set to be released "when it's ready" rather than something concrete), we'd have seen some gameplay by now. This year's showing was just to let us know that they're making good progress, and to show the media said progress.

Was eagerly awaiting this game , and now they drop this bomb? seriously ?? what are they thinking? I enjoyed the wild hunt so much , felt really good seeing the character I'm role playing as killing monsters and using awesome swordplay...Now ? I get to see my hands in front of me. What is the point ? this is no longer an RPG it's a betrayal to everyone who bought the witcher , good luck with your game I will not be buying.

I've heard good valid real world issues of headaches and motion sickness but where are the other real reasons we have to have TPP? The only one that comes to my mind is seeing a grander view of the world around us as a player. With that said I don't think that adds to the immersion but just shows how much beauty and care was put into creating the world. Would TPP add to the combat system they have for melee weapons? Would it break the online aspect if there is PVP? I just hear a lot of crying and very little examples of why TPP would BENEFIT gameplay. CDPR is listening. Come on give them some thought out reasons.

All due respect, first person has never added to my immersion; what it does is actually break it by making me think how much that perspective sucks. I can't move, see things properly or properly locate myself in first person, and although there are many, many games I'd love to play that are FPP, I never have because of it. I gave some Deus EX games an honest try but stopped when I realized I spent all time clinging to walls just to know where I was.

Now, I understand that there is a particular game you guys want to make, and a particular way you want for your players to experience things. And I wish CPDR all the luck in the world, but personally, I don't want to see things this way. It's a shame too, because I was really excited for this game. But FP, for me, is a deal-breaker.

I think an over the shoulder camera (Mass Effect 3 style) could be an honest compromise that doesn't impact gameplay too much, and I hope that after seeing the reactioon to the news you guys reconsider this stance, but if that isn't an option, sadly, this game is not for me.

All the best.

Yes. This. I had loads of fun playing Mass Effect in the TPP/Over The Shoulder mode. Not once did that perspective break my immersion. On the contrary, it enhanced it.

We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.
Well that’s sucks. Don’t tell us how we’re better immersed. I understand combat being FPP but third person walking and running animations wouldn’t hurt. You already have third person driving and cutscenes so what’s so hard.

In my opinion these are really bad analogies.
If it has shooting and it's first person it falls under the FPS Genre. Cyberpunk sounds like a FPS with heavy RPG elements. TPM isnt even a genre and in Skyrim (open world rpg) you could go 1st or 3rd person (if this game had that option this thread wouldn't exist btw). Bloodlines FPS with RPG elements. This is how I would categorize these games but to each their own.

Lmao,so if Witcher 3 has sex scenes ,it's a third person dating game. Thanks for enlighting us into what is the correct analogy of things

Actually, I find Skyrim much more immersive in first person than 3rd. But hey, it's a question of personal appreciation of course.
Character animations in Bethesda games are just disgusting. Its hard to be immerse if your character is moving like he has stick in his ass and he is walking on moon surface. In CDPR games its totaly different story.

God lord, the fact the you believe that it will be un-fun to be ridiculous. Especially after not seeing it.

Also it doesn't mean that i LOVE the FP perspective. I love both views and it not having one or the other doesn't bother as much. Because the real meat of it sounds amazing.

Sounds like you just can't meet someone half-way.

Let me explain this simply for you, then: I have never enjoyed a game that's used First Person Perspective. Clear enough? I despise that POV. It is un-fun for me.

Or perhaps I need to try your tack: You seriously prefer First Person? Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom