FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not?

We have people from different countries, different cultures, different jobs and different educations. Not to mention different ages and different ethnicities.

Seems a pretty random sample to me, to be honest

It's not how it works.

We have no sample group. We have highly biased (one way or another) group of people though. People with agenda that came here for a reason. That's the opposite of random. And we would need a similar sized "clean" group. Don't know how it would work here realy - people who never played any games, or played both TPP and FPP?
Vote is going on for less than 24 hours. We started using medical studies as an example, so I'll stick to that. Most precise ones are the ones that cover like 30 years, sometimes even more. Of course here it wouldn't make sense (unless they release the game in 2077...), but I hope you see my point. Survey like that started in 2014 would give us more valid results. But then again it would slow down development.
It's not about who is right or wrong. From purely scientific point of view this pool means nothing. It's like one of those surveys done by tv stations that always have results similar to said station political views.

tried many times in past with many first person "rpg" based games, never been able to aprpeciate them, dropped after a bunch of hours, kingdom come latest example; the fight is okey, i'm used to fallout/elder scrolls first view fight but i find horrible being forced to explore external ambients in first person, i've made a character, spent 2 hours with it? well, i'd like to stare at it in total freedom if posssible. the gameplay can stay first person, all we seek is a possible TP while walking, simple.
There will be a photo mode to view your character in the environment

Very disappointed if this is primarily 1st person perspective. Not even sure why, but I have never liked 1st person games no matter how good they are in other respects. Not saying I won't try it (if the reviews are good enough) based on the cyberpunk theme and the developer's track record, but I'm pretty sure I won't enjoy it nearly as much. (Upgraded my PC to play Witcher 3 and was planning to do the same for 2077, but not so sure, now.)

I don't think most of you understand the whole game is designed around first person, they can't just add a third person mode without destroying the fundamental concepts of the game. Sorry if you get motion sick but you'll have to find another solution. Please CDPR, do not listen to this vocal minority who wants you to compromise on your vision. In terms of first person games, I loved Mirror's Edge and I know that when first person is done right, it completely trumps third person, especially in dense city settings like Mirror's Edge with fluid motion and combat which I see Cyberpunk 2077 as being similar too (they've even mentioned wallrunning). I know most of these complainers will end up buying and loving the game anyway, once they see the game in action.

OPEN YOUR MIND, give it a chance
I want to point out again Fallout and Elder scrolls as a perfect example. Those games are designed for first person and the addition of third person haven't change anything in the gameplay, but it's still there as an option. I don't think anyone is asking them the change the gameplay and yes in this way TP won't be perfect but i think it would be a great option for those cannot stand FP.

Who said it's not possible?
It's possible if they scrap everything they have now and start from scratch. The entire level design and city is designed around being in first person, walking through the streets, inside the buildings, the combat, character interactions, etc. This would all have to be thrown out in order to implement a third person view. And I can't see them doing that so it's not going to happen

I want to point out again Fallout and Elder scrolls as a perfect example. Those games are designed for first person and the addition of third person haven't change anything in the gameplay, but it's still there as an option. I don't think anyone is asking them the change the gameplay and yes in this way TP won't be perfect but i think it would be a great option for those cannot stand FP.
And they're both buggy crap games that don't have proper dialogue, gameplay nor vision.

Hi CD Projekt Red,

I am a fan of your witcher series games and this is the first time I went into your company website, made an account just to comment on this matter. I heard CyberPunk is going to be a first-person view. ( only? )

I would be disappointed given one of the reasons why I loved the witcher is because of its 3rd person view. I hope you could consider giving two choices with the third-person view by default.

It's possible if they scrap everything they have now and start from scratch. The entire level design and city is designed around being in first person, walking through the streets, inside the buildings, the combat, character interactions, etc. This would all have to be thrown out in order to implement a third person view. And I can't see them doing that so it's not going to happen

Not true.

I know for certain that some guys are working on a TP mod for kingdom come. And a porting to TP in that game would be much harder than this one, due to how combat system works.
So, if its possible on that game, it's certainly possible even in this one.

Please let CD Projekt decide what is going to happened and what's not?

My point is the one i stated before: there is a POTENTIAL (not a CERTAINTY, but a POTENTIAL) that millions of players won't buy the game because of this.
sry but considering that the witcher 3 sold like what 8 million copies i doubt that they will lose even close to that number of players bc of that single desision, my guess less than 100k people.

and btw i also would have prefered tpp, so we are clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom