FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because as I said switching to third person camera is not a simple switch,you'll need to have the whole game structured and technically accustomed to the third person camera. I want them to stick to their original plan and I'm supporting their decision for first person view because that's how the game was balanced,structured,gameplay and combat situations planned.

OK. I understand your opinion and I respect your point of view. But other people what TPP. Nothing wrong with theirs desires.

Why not?

We have people from different countries, different cultures, different jobs and different educations. Not to mention different ages and different ethnicities.

Seems a pretty random sample to me, to be honest
sry but thats not how random samples work

If it's designed to be used with a virtual reality headset, why not?

If it's to be on my screen, the first-person view does not suit me.

Too bad, I'll go my way...

One thing that might have mitigated all the backlash is if CDPR had made the gameplay demo public and not a "behind closed doors" thing for the media only. Minus folks who have medical reasons for not being able to play FPP games, the rest of us wouldn't have to speculate on whether we'll like it or not if we actually got to see the gameplay - then we'd more likely know for sure.

As the guy told you,you need a reality check. Except the fact that Andromeda was a financial success,it suffered from a lot of problems that certainly don't involve a camera perspective. And it still was a commercial success.

I see this game breaking sales records and 90% of the people whining,will buy this game when it's met with critical appraise.

Mods should sticky this thread when the game's released so we can have a good laugh at the absurd opinions expressed in this thread
It seems to me this thread is mostly underaged kids screaming because they can't look at their characters ass. You're correct, they'll come around if this game comes out good. I'm not even saying it will, I'm just saying CDPR is already well into development and it's insane to think they will scrap everything and start again just because a few kids complained on a forum, without even seeing the gameplay yet. At least hold your judgments until we see how the game works

Give me what I want! Give me what I want!

Just a reminder. The world doesn't owe us anything. I get it people are now raised to believe otherwise, but it doesn't change that simple truth regardless.

Threatening to boycott the game and going all crazy because of one feature... To each their own I suppose. But that's out of proportion from where I am standing.

One does have a right to hold their own opinion though. There's that at least.

Last edited:
For a fact they've said we will be able to see our character in the game so it's not a complete redesign. And for the second we don't know how much work will be needed to bring TPP.
There would be a lot of work because the game is designed as first person, it's not just a style choice.
Augmentations affect your vision, hud is a cyber enhancement by itself, you need completely fluid vision control to appreciate the landscape, etc.
There's also no redesign, as early as 2013 we knew the game would be mixed fps and third person with fps being main one.
Every single dialog and every single time you get on your car the game goes third person, that's what we know so far.
Not to mention the recent interview
Game is first person, game is designed around first person, deal with it, adding/changing to third person would mean completely changing the hud, the way enhancements are added, vertical design, pretty much everything to make sure it works correctly and many things would get cut.

I find it INSANE that people would rather have a delayed, cut content and not close to the dev vision project instead of what the devs want just because of their own selfish views on what the game should be.

For me personaly and thousands of other people.If not millions..have no issue with this title being in FPP.
I get some people's issues with motion sickness
I understand because there have been games in the past that when I first started playing kinda gave me issues..but after a few times of playing the eyes/brain just adjusts.
For some people it might not be like that.That's just my personal experience
Games like Witcher 3 ,Horizon Zero Dawn and the like work very well in 3rd person because of the combat style..swords and the like.
But a game involving gun play..it's only best played in first person

One thing that might have mitigated all the backlash is if CDPR had made the gameplay demo public and not a "behind closed doors" thing for the media only. Minus folks who have medical reasons for not being able to play FPP games, the rest of us wouldn't have to speculate on whether we'll like it or not if we actually got to see the gameplay - then we'd more likely know for sure.

What if I told you that you don't have to speculate?

For a fact they've said we will be able to see our character in the game so it's not a complete redesign. And for the second we don't know how much work will be needed to bring TPP.
No, but we can make an educated guess: Complete redesign of the word to compliment a TPP viewpoint, a new/second combat system with TPP animations, hitboxes, weapon models, etc. UI redesign, vehicle redesign (could be moot since we don't know if driving will be FP only yet)... well, that's of the top of my head, but there could be more like changes to audio positioning ect.

So I believe a camera system similar to GoW would be amazing for this game the melee combat would be satisfying and the gunplay would be good because it's essentilally an over the shoulder type camera view used in the resident evil games. The camera would be close enough to your character so it wouldn't freak out all over the place when you go into tight spots.

Sorry, but no! I don't want V. to take half of screen space, her/his back is not that important to look at. I know console players love that, but it baffles me why would anyone thing that's a good thing. Talk about sickness, I had HUGE problems playing Batman Arkham City, because I couldn't orient myself and fov was terrible. Batman took HALF of the bloody screen!:mad:

I must say that most of the arguments in favor of TPP is very weak and non-factual. It's basically a bunch of people who prefer TPP and are angry because they can't have their way. I would prefer FPP in all games, but I guess most developers don't give a damn about that. As for those who get motion sickness, I understand that.. it's tough, but that's the way it is in life. You can't have everything..

An unfinished buggy and glitchy demo in the hands of your average Joe? That would be disastrous, people don't understand what an alpha or a beta are.

sry but considering that the witcher 3 sold like what 8 million copies i doubt that they will lose even close to that number of players bc of that single desision, my guess less than 100k people.

and btw i also would have prefered tpp, so we are clear

Witcher 3 was TP....

No, but we can make an educated guess: Complete redesign of the word to compliment a TPP viewpoint, a new/second combat system with TPP animations, hitboxes, weapon models, etc. UI redesign, vehicle redesign (could be moot since we don't know if driving will be FP only yet)... well, that's of the top of my head, but there could be more like changes to audio positioning ect.

I'm not game developer and don't know how it works and what is needed to be done in order to bring TPP. But this doesn't mean I can't ask for this from CD Projekt. Also they have said driving would be FPP and TPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom