FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I really want is the ability to pop into third person for a second to look at V. I don't care about the game being actually playable in third person.

I wonder if anyone from CD Projekt reads this and other forums and how they relate to the fact that many people want a third-person view!? :unsure:

Many people want many things. Stop pretending like this is a major problem, because it's not.
In reality those "many people", may be 5-10% of the whole fanbase. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Man, I literally said that I am not worried for Gun Play but for Melee. Just look at the 2013 trailer, how can a character like that be as enjoyable in first person as in third? I don't think it can.
Apparently it works. The character in den gameplay demo had the same blades, which are calles "Mantis Arm Blades".

Funny because I can make a 1st to 3rd person camera in Unreal 4 in about 30 minutes. Granted Cyberpunk doesn't use UE4 but they are professionals and understand their engine way more than I could hope too. They have stated it's for immersion reason in this thread. I think it's like page 6 or something. It's not a technical reason if they want to they could they are a talented group of developers and I'm sure they have amazing programmers for you to sit here and say it would take them years to do is disrespectful to CDPR honestly.
Yeah, and now implement a completely new set of animations. And then an entirely new combat system designed around the new camera. And now redo every character interaction scene. And then go back and redesign every area of the city and every level so it doesn't look like ass in the new camera mode. Should take about 30 minutes right?

Never said I won't buy this game. Second, game isn't made yet and we don't know the status of the whole product. And one of the dev was here and said they read all feedback and are aware af this thread.
They actually replied twice here already :p They are reading what ppl say, if they come to conclusion, that maybe it's worth looking at again, they for sure will do, but i'm sure they had plenty of thinking already and that's why it is FPP.

I do understand why FPP, but as many before me I got too motion sickness, so I'd be really grateful for TPP. However, even if there will be only FPP, I'm going to take motion sickness pills and play it - I did that with Dying Light, Overwatch or Wolfenstein :D

Oh really!?
How does this pill work and how long it last? Does it have any side-effect or long-term effect?

I’m curious because i have the same issues about motion sickness but never thought about taking any pills to mitigate this before.

Yea, and the TPP wasn't what made the game great... it was just what it was.

The game was outstanding for a great many reasons for sure, I just asked the question because you chose to talk about a Batman game in arguing against CDPR incorporating a third person perspective for CP77.

Anyway, regarding the case for presenting things in the third person, one might point to the lunacy of providing perks and systems for the player to spend no little time and effort investing in only to - quite literally - limit their ability to actively see them or claim that a lot of the charming little interactions that made The Wild Hunt so mesmerizing would simply not be possible without TPP. Disagree? Pick a beloved conversation from the game and consider what being able to actually see your character brought to that interaction.

Furthermore, I can't be the only one who marveled when wondering through Novigrad's sprawling, busy streets for the very first time (something that would be difficult to replicate in the first person)? And, as for the HUD arguments, one might easily envision a situation or three where a TPP might provide a better canvas for representing a technological perk than FPP.

Right?

Last edited:
In reality those "many people", may be 5-10% of the whole fanbase. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Yeah, "many people", may be 5-10%, but many people can make up 50-60%. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Oh really!?
How does this pill work and how long it last? Does it have any side-effect or long-term effect?

I’m curious because i have the same issues about motion sickness but never thought about taking any pills to mitigate this before.

Well, never thought I'd give this advice on a game forum, but Dramamine can have a pretty long effectiveness. Designed for long periods of sea travel, 6 hours for example. Does have a side-effect of causing drowsiness though.

Yeah, and now implement a completely new set of animations. And then an entirely new combat system designed around the new camera. And now redo every character interaction scene. And then go back and redesign every area of the city and every level so it doesn't look like ass in the new camera mode. Should take about 30 minutes right?
Do you think CDPR made cheap animations? The animations that's used for 1st person would be used for 3rd person guy. You don't just animate the hands of characters in FPP games you know that right?? Again it is disrespectful of you to think CDPR would shortcut on animations because we can't see them fully. I guarantee you even though you wont be able to see for example wall running if you extract those animations and look at them in your choice of program you will see that it's full animated and you're not just sliding across a wall in the T-pose. The game will not look bad in TPP again disrespectful to the art team just stop it man they are adding a photo mode they want you and are encouraging you to see your character in the environment they crafted. I'm done with this thread man hopefully by the end of the year I hear some good news about the OPTION of TPP. Cya guys.

Where did i say extremely enjoyable. Several gaming websites have published articles about their impression from the 50-min. demo, and in the ones i have read, no one complained about melee combat.

Well, never thought I'd give this advice on a game forum, but Dramamine can have a pretty long effectiveness. Designed for long periods of sea travel, 6 hours for example. Does have a side-effect of causing drowsiness though.

And that's the spirit. Instead of complaining about design choices do whatever is necessary to enjoy the game!

Busy at work? Take few days off. Motion sickness? Pills! Wife is nagging? Divorce. It's so simple!

Oh really!?

I'm using 50mg of dimenhydrinate. It's widely available in Poland (Aviomarin) and USA (USA have 100 pills per package ^^). In UK , where I am currently, unfortunately it's pretty hard to get. You take one 30min BEFORE the start of journey (or playing in that case). It last at least 6 to 8hrs. The side effect is usually drowsiness, but personally I can beat it when I get into the game. Other side-effects I did not experience. Oh, and because of the drowsiness, you cannot drive a car or operate a machinery.

I wonder if anyone from CD Projekt reads this and other forums and how they relate to the fact that many people want a third-person view!? :unsure:

they are absolutely reading this, that guy Vat-something (cant remember) has replied a few times in this thread. cant find those posts now, but in first post he said they decided for FPP because of immersion and they are sure in that decision, but a few pages later, he came back and wrote something like this: CDPR is looking into your feedback, and it will be taken in consideration. that gave me some hope
I remember when we were waiting for witcher 3, that forum had listed all members who are online at the moment, and they were often online and reading what people had to say

I guarantee you even though you wont be able to see for example wall running if you extract those animations and look at them in your choice of program you will see that it's full animated and you're not just sliding across a wall in the T-pose.

You...don't know that. Being a game developer myself, I can assure you implementing full animations where they're not needed is a waste of ressources.

Where did i say extremely enjoyable. Several gaming websites have published articles about their impression from the 50-min. demo, and in the ones i have read, no one complained about melee combat.
Oh, I understand. I was just asking if you had played and found it enjoyable, to be honest I tend not to trust too much gaming websites. I will wait for a gameplay then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom