FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should probably accept that guys and gals at CDPR have developed and tested the game for years and they came to the conclusion that TP doesn't fit the game they're making. Simple as that.;)

Read the rest of my post, that's what I wrote. I accept it and fully understand it. But others don't.
There sure was a point in development where they could have opted for TP. But they have opted for other features.

I just want to explain why statements like "they can still do TP" and "TP would not work" are both somehow wrong.

I find it weird that I am SO disappointed about this choice. But goddamn it I am. I loathe FPP, especially in RPG games, regardless of setting.

This is such a bad choice, CDPR were one of the last bastions of good game design and ideas, Bioware having just cashed in on always online MP with Anthem.

Very disappointed.
Have u seen it, that u already know ? :D

I find it weird that I am SO disappointed about this choice. But goddamn it I am. I loathe FPP, especially in RPG games, regardless of setting.

This is such a bad choice, CDPR were one of the last bastions of good game design and ideas, Bioware having just cashed in on always online MP with Anthem.

Very disappointed.

good game design ≠ personal taste

First they gave us vague promise we will see our character in game. And now we learn that only places where we will see it it's inventory and cut-scenes. Something that reminds me FPS games. And the more information is revealed the more game becomes closer to FPS. Something that worries me. I really hope it's not shooter with some dialogue choices :\

Very disappointed.

They made it FPP for a reason. TPP didn't work out for them probably because of tight spaces in the game world. Geralt was a complete spazz in-doors and It gives me flashback to how many times I smashed my face into a wall whenever I tried to walk around the small houses in blood and wine. Now take that experience and multiply it by the ENTIRE BLOODY GAME. Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

Want to try that again in english?
I'll rephrase what I think he was driving at since you want to be obtuse. How do you know this is a bad choice? You quite literally have zero firsthand experience with the game, and there is no reason FPP would be an inherently bad choice.

Seriously seems a bit like you're spoiled when you act like you can't play FPP-games... Sure, some of you might have actual problems with it and I respect that, but a lot seems to just never have tried FPP.

Almost every other game ever like Cyberpunk is TPP, trying FPP is a great idea. Having the areas actually made for FPP instead of a compromise between the two is even better.

I'll have you remember that an equally vocal minority used to act as if they would boycott Witcher 3 because it was open world, granted they didn't cite physical discomfort as an argument. I'd like to see the numbers on how many get actual physical discomfort from first person view, because I can't imagine it's high at all.

Careful all. Keep in mind that the Forum Regulations require everyone to treat others with kindness and respect. Disagreement and debate is welcomed. But do not insult, ridicule or personally attack others.

I'll rephrase what I think he was driving at since you want to be obtuse. How do you know this is a bad choice? You quite literally have zero firsthand experience with the game, and there is no reason FPP would be an inherently bad choice.

I disliked all TES games, couldn't play for more than a few hours, I disliked Deus Ex, couldn't play for than a few hours. I think it is reasonable to extrapolate experiences in games that share the same FoV and similar game style (RPG/shooter) as they are using in this game to surmise how it will effect the experience.

Having no firsthand experience and using that as an argument, is a null argument.

I'll have you remember that an equally vocal minority used to act as if they would boycott Witcher 3 because it was open world, granted they didn't cite physical discomfort as an argument. I'd like to see the numbers on how many get actual physical discomfort from first person view, because I can't imagine it's high at all.

Something around 17% of gamers, roughly

> I've liked a lot the Tech Lands Dying Light games.
> I can imagine they taking the same approach in regards of what Tech Land did, that being making a new frsh take on the experience of FPP. I honestly would like to see being unfold, see what is this grandeur experience they have mention come to live.

I disliked all TES games, couldn't play for more than a few hours, I disliked Deus Ex, couldn't play for than a few hours. I think it is reasonable to extrapolate experiences in games that share the same FoV and similar game style (RPG/shooter) as they are using in this game to surmise how it will effect the experience.

Having no firsthand experience and using that as an argument, is a null argument.
So the reason you don't want the game to be FPP perspective is personal preference? That is is no way evidence that this is a bad design decision, and really only evidence that you are unhappy. Many people do in fact enjoy TES (which has a third person option so I'm not sure why it matters) and Deus Ex, and I personally think Deus Ex is an excellently designed game

Also you are critiquing a game's design that almost everyone here knows virtually nothing about outside of secondhand accounts from journalists and the devs, and I have not seen any evidence that indicates FPP is going to be a mistake based on what we have been told.

Adding my 2 cents to the conversation.

I've played a good amount of RPGs over the years. Some were in FPP, others in TPP and others in a sort of top down view.

There were games I liked and games I didn't like for all these perspectives but, from my experience, the perspective you played in is not what made the game good or bad.
Having a game in a certain perspective does not make it inherently good or bad.

IMO what does matter most is how all of pieces of a game work together combined.

CDPR haven't given me any reasons to not trust their judgment in game design so far so I trust them when they say that FPP is best for the vision they have for the game.

The world isn't fair and isn't designed for everyone, and they can make whatever decisions they want, and lets face it people will likely still buy the game. I will be waiting for a sale before I do now though, it is no longer in my wheel house. I am all about isometric/TPP RPGs, always will be.

But even using this poll as a micro-snapshot of the sentiment, TPP is something people really care about.

They made it FPP for a reason. TPP didn't work out for them probably because of tight spaces in the game world. Geralt was a complete spazz in-doors and It gives me flashback to how many times I smashed my face into a wall whenever I tried to walk around the small houses in blood and wine. Now take that experience and multiply it by the ENTIRE BLOODY GAME. Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

Why do i need a well done story, and gameplay, made for fpp, when i can have a wonky clunky hybrid, just because people think seeing a character all the time = rpg.

I played Bloodlines in FP, and it was the best rpg i have ever played.

The world isn't fair and isn't designed for everyone, and they can make whatever decisions they want, and lets face it people will likely still buy the game. I will be waiting for a sale before I do now though, it is no longer in my wheel house. I am all about isometric/TPP RPGs, always will be.

But even using this poll as a micro-snapshot of the sentiment, TPP is something people really care about.
vztc6Bw.gif

Guest 4311839

It is, if doing so will make you gain several millions more than originally planned.

How you people get these numbers? Guessing? Ok i want play to. Much more people are in fps sci-fy/cyberpunk and fps games making it FPS will make it sell 3x Witcher 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom