FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the reason you don't want the game to be FPP perspective is personal preference? That is is no way evidence that this is a bad design decision, and really only evidence that you are unhappy. Many people do in fact enjoy TES (which has a third person option so I'm not sure why it matters) and Deus Ex, and I personally think Deus Ex is an excellently designed game

Also you are critiquing a game's design that almost everyone here knows virtually nothing about outside of secondhand accounts from journalists and the devs, and I have not seen any evidence that indicates FPP is going to be a mistake based on what we have been told.

I am talking about a major design decision, the perspective of the entire game has nothing to do with whatever other, probably very well designed, combat, character progression, story progression and equipment systems.

Of course this is personal preference, I have said that i dislike FPP, no one can say anything objective about the game ever, this medium is all personal preference, I am stating that I THINK it is a mistake to lock in to FPP and a large amount of people seem to be in the same boat based on the few hundred poll responses so far.
The TPP in TES was an afterthought and not really polished because the game was primarily for FPP.

I am saying I hate the decision, think its bad and giving my reasons for saying that, what I think is a mistake other people see as a masterstroke.

More like, "We made a piece of art, and we'd like you to enjoy it, but if you can't physically abide it, then we're sorry, but we cannot accomodate you. Do you get mad at roller coasters for enforcing a height limit? Are you mad at musicians because deaf people can't experience their work? Are you mad that people with epilepsy can't play video games?
Nope. Because those are the things you know well in advance. So you just do not get hyped for a thing you cannot do.

With CP2077 devs said nothing. We only learned about first person from journalists.

If first person was such an integral part of ther Vision and Grand Plan - why not say it back in 2013? Or even when they showed the E3 trailer.

But noo, they let people imagine what they will (and honestly, they never did first person game before, so there was no ground for assuming it will be fpp).

No other first person only game developer did it like this. They were always upfront about games being first person. That's why you cannot see people complaining about it on CoD game resources. We know it's not for us.

But with Cyberpunk we simply did not have this info until they showed gameplay to journalists behind the closed doors.

Like, it would even be better if they told us about fpp-only when they were presenting the trailer. But instead they chose being misleading with carefully choosen words that could be interpreted either way. Guess they wanted to reap max hype and screw the consequences.

That's what actually gets me more than anything - WHY did they keep it under wraps for so long?!

No matter how much they say it is rpg first and foremost now. It's all just PR talk and damage control at this point.

If they told about fps-only in 2013 - I would just shrug and put this game on mental ignore. But I really do not like to get hyped for five frigging years for nothing.

How you people get these numbers? Guessing? Ok i want play to. Much more people are in fps sci-fy/cyberpunk and fps games making it FPS will make it sell 3x Witcher 3

As you might have guessed, since i wrote ''IF'', mine was a purely hypothetical statement.
My point is that making an investment is a good idea if it pays back, it is not if it doesn't. But you only know the outcome for certain AFTER you made it.

So the reason you don't want the game to be FPP perspective is personal preference? That is is no way evidence that this is a bad design decision, and really only evidence that you are unhappy. Many people do in fact enjoy TES (which has a third person option so I'm not sure why it matters) and Deus Ex, and I personally think Deus Ex is an excellently designed game

Also you are critiquing a game's design that almost everyone here knows virtually nothing about outside of secondhand accounts from journalists and the devs, and I have not seen any evidence that indicates FPP is going to be a mistake based on what we have been told.

Again you are missing the point. People are talking here about their preferences and tastes. And people are asking devs to considering to add TPP. No one says one or other is superior. But you don't need to see gameplay to know what is FPP and it's flows and advantages. People here have played a lot of games and can for sure say what they like and what not. And for instance their choice to make force FPP and character customisation is at least questionable. Because you will never see your character outside inventory and cut scenes.

Why do i need a well done story, and gameplay, made for fpp, when i can have a wonky clunky hybrid, just because people think seeing a character all the time = rpg.

I played Bloodlines in FP, and it was the best rpg i have ever played.

I played Bloodlines in third person and it was the best game ever. If i was forced to play fp then i would not have played the game.

I believe first person perspective will indeed add to the immersion. But what I believe or not is not of interest... what is of interest is that CDPR believes that this is the way to go with Cyberpunk 2077 and stand behind their decision 100%!

I believe in CDPR!

If they told about fps-only in 2013 - I would just shrug and put this game on mental ignore. But I really do not like to get hyped for five frigging years for nothing.

I think that is where a lot of my anger is coming from, I have been hyped and re-hyped over 4-5 years for this game, only to have it come out in a style of game I actively avoid.

Also it's very suspicious why they are so very careful with FPS term. They already said it many time FPP RPG not FPS. What are they afraid of?

I believe first person perspective will indeed add to the immersion. But what I believe or not is not of interest... what is of interest is that CDPR believes that this is the way to go with Cyberpunk 2077 and stand behind their decision 100%!

I believe in CDPR!

That is where I disagree, I think FPP removes Immersion in comparison to TPP.
You are locked in to a 180 degree view that you can rotate and tilt up and down.
TPP gives you panning, zooming, and wider degree of view around the back and sides of your character. In addition to rotating and tilting you get in FPP.

I agree that FPP should be a toggle for looking at something close up, or a particularly panoramic screenshot or view in game.

Playing a floating camera to me is not immersion.

If the movie "ready player one" is going to be a first person view movie,I think everyone in it will be fired.........................
You see CDPR,even the movie that is technically all about VR and first person itself is made in third person
A game driven by story is similar to a movie driven by writting/drama in core depite that so many differences while producing.
CB 2077 has a machanism that you can go into others mind,dream For that part,maybe CDPR thinks that part can only be first person,but I think thats wrong,for that part,third person could be better if you think it in a different way.

I think that is where a lot of my anger is coming from, I have been hyped and re-hyped over 4-5 years for this game, only to have it come out in a style of game I actively avoid.

Aye, they haven't managed expectations at all well. Again, it'll be really interesting to see how people take the news.

Also it's very suspicios why they are so very carefull with FPS term. They already said it many time FPP RPG not FPS. What are they afraid of?

They want to point out it's not just your basic shooter, but first and foremost a RPG.

How does it translate in game? Nobody knows yet since we haven't seen the demo :shrug:

Many people want many things. Stop pretending like this is a major problem, because it's not.
In reality those "many people", may be 5-10% of the whole fanbase. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

The sky in your world is a marvelous color, filters a lot of our reality.

No matter how much they say it is rpg first and foremost now. It's all just PR talk and damage control at this point.

I'm totally with you here. That's why is frustrating to me.

But the worst thing is people being disrespectful with the ones that are just expressing their opinions with all respect to CDPR.

We all created something in our head and i guess not many thought it might be very diffrient from Witcher 3 in cyberpunk universe + guns + customize your character and classes.
True, we can now only wait and hope for the best, I have full trust in CD Projekt RED.

I dont judge the change to FPP and only deal with my own preference.

Why you believe its a good change? Good faith for CDPR?

Asking everyone to have such good faith on them against their own personal bias is too much without any gameplay to speak of
They're experienced game developers with a high budget. They could easily pull of good first person gameplay. If they will is another matter I suppose, and I have heard some worrying things like it being borderlandsy with numbers popping off enemies when you shoot them like in Borderlands which is extremely immersion breaking, but i'm assuming you could probably turn those off. They did a private gameplay demo for the press also an interview describing the gameplay. It doesn't sound bad, i'm more on the side of it being realistic first person action combat with tons of variety based on your character and RPG mechanics.

You're the only one to blame for that. And would it really kill you to give it a chance? At least wait until it's out and see how it turns out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom