FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look for ''references'' on bottom of the page.

All sources are listed.

Sorry, pal....

> Ctrl+F -> "game" -> only quotes are in one sentence, about how to solve motion sickness through FOV adjustments.
> Scroll to references -> only reference is about VR sickness

try again

• RED Point
Reactions: Fuz
> Ctrl+F -> "game" -> only quotes are in one sentence, about how to solve motion sickness through FOV adjustments.

try again
So no matter what reference you have, you're right ? Ok. Discussion closed.

hey guys jus wanna say that in light of recent events im gunna b selling the substantial amount of stocks i had in ur company, so disappoint with the new enforcd fpp mode , sry guys no hard feelings but u just pissed in the face of like 70% of your fans an i doubt ull last till the end of year.

ur shares gonna be bear mode for a long time now and theres nuthin u can do to stop it, sry guys. maybe dont be so lazy next time.

peace out.

I hope this is a joke.

Well stated. If people weren't as emotionally invested as they were, then they wouldn't be here. Everyone who is in here, commenting in this thread, is likely in the top-1% of CDPR's most dedicated fanbase.

We are the elite. The best of the best.

yeah but 1% isn't gonna pay their salary lol, the 99% of us who don't care about FPP are

So no matter what reference you have, you're right ? Ok. Discussion closed.

I'm just asking the reference on the allegedly 17% of people experiencing motion sickness, that no one is able to provide but still eager to cite.

Jeez, you guys are dense...

just elaborating, thinking about how the constant first person would work...let's suppose we are chasing someone outside, running, classic scene, the guy sneaks in a small street and climbs a metal net to jump on other side, we do the same to reach him; this is the classic situation where TP is needed, the scene forced in FP would jsut result chaotic, as rolling on floor during shootings, just compare gta V 1p and 3p during animations out of combat, jump, roll, hop and climb walls is messy; FP should be used only during shooting phases and to check interiors for details, i really doubt is not possible to walk and look around in TP while walking in a building, of course if we are sneaking into an air conduct, FP is the only one. just allow the choice out of combat, would make all happy, some plus animatiosn to jump, climb and roll is not the ahrdest of work because are already made for npcs.

try again

And why would you limit sources to that?
This sickness is a problem IN GENERAL, that ALSO applies to gaming. Therefore, ALL the studies quoted in the reference section are pertinent.

hey guys jus wanna say that in light of recent events im gunna b selling the substantial amount of stocks i had in ur company, so disappoint with the new enforcd fpp mode , sry guys no hard feelings but u just pissed in the face of like 70% of your fans an i doubt ull last till the end of year.

ur shares gonna be bear mode for a long time now and theres nuthin u can do to stop it, sry guys. maybe dont be so lazy next time.

peace out.

I understand you're disappointed, but man, don't go on a power trip!

For the record, I'm a staunch TPP gamer when it comes to using today's technology. Being outside your character's body allows you to transition more smoothly into cutscenes, bypass the feeling of having no legs or legs that your character does not really control, and make you feel what your character is feeling because you can see their faces. If you're invested in them, seeing their faces makes you empathize with them and feel what they feel that much more strongly.

The reason I qualified my statement with 'Using today's technology' is because there is a gap between what CD Projekt Red can put on a screen and the human-computer interface. If I'm in a character's body, I'd want to be able to look down and see my hands and feet, shrug my shoulders, wiggle one finger, wiggle all my fingers and toes, etc. Being in the third person perspective allows me to bypass all that. It allows me to pretend I'm watching a play, and by getting invested in the character, BECOME the character.

Better to zoom out and let our imaginations go to work, just as the masters of old knew to do with theater and movies.

I'm just asking the reference on the allegedly 17% of people experiencing motion sickness, that no one is able to provide but still eager to cite.

Jeez, you guys are dense...
I put one study in line for you but strangly you never spoke about it, just read the references of the main doctor who did it... It just seem you're always right no matter what's in front of you..

17% now almost to 30% jesus making fps has to be suicidal for developers.

That 17% could have been either a random number without any fundation or a number only regarding gamers, and not the whole world population as the number we posted.
Motion sickness is not only restricted to games or VR, in facts i often (not always) experience it on boats or planes.

17% now almost to 30% jesus making fps has to be suicidal for developers.

Now, now...be nice.

The cited study says 10-30%. A better argument than sarcastically remarking on how suicidal it must be for developers would be one stating how wide of a range that is and questioning how thoroughly grounded and researched the subject is if they can't narrow it down a bit better than that.

But, that aside, if people have that condition they probably don't really care how rare or not they are. They're probably still incredible disappointed and arguments that they're to numerically insignificant to matter probably isn't helpful.

So let's go more constructive. People in this thread who have the motion sickness problem, please chime in.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that it's just to late to change things from FPP to TPP. We might want it to be different, but based on some of the previews that I've read that talk about how insane the demos behind closed doors are and how fully developed, let's just assume that it's just to late to change the camera.

What can CDPR do to potentially alleviate the issue and make it more palatable? FOV, draw distance, frame rate, etc. I'm not even remotely familiar with the subject so I'm basically Tyrion Lannister telling Jon Snow "Tell me what I CAN do to help you."

I put one study in line for you but strangly you never spoke about it, just read the references of the main doctor who did it... It just seem you're always right no matter what's in front of you..

Oh my bad you're right, your message was flooded by the others and I didn't read it.

Thanks o/

Now, now...be nice.

The cited study says 10-30%. A better argument than sarcastically remarking on how suicidal it must be for developers would be one stating how wide of a range that is and questioning how thoroughly grounded and researched the subject is if they can't narrow it down a bit better than that.

But, that aside, if people have that condition they probably don't really care how rare or not they are. They're probably still incredible disappointed and arguments that they're to numerically insignificant to matter probably isn't helpful.

So let's go more constructive. People in this thread who have the motion sickness problem, please chime in.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that it's just to late to change things from FPP to TPP. We might want it to be different, but based on some of the previews that I've read that talk about how insane the demos behind closed doors are and how fully developed, let's just assume that it's just to late to change the camera.

What can CDPR do to potentially alleviate the issue and make it more palatable? FOV, draw distance, frame rate, etc. I'm not even remotely familiar with the subject so I'm basically Tyrion Lannister telling Jon Snow "Tell me what I CAN do to help you."
The fact is the number of people who get motion sickness is insignificant, CDPR aren't obligated to do anything. But usually increasing FOV and turning off head bobbing is enough to resolve most cases

• RED Point
Reactions: Fuz

Guest 4311839

Please don't use strawman. The study show that 30% got motion sickness but you can have it from different things. Reading a full post is too much ?

Again not all games even from the same developer will be for only the same audience. And yes you can ask for option but trying to somehow prof rpg's dont really work in FPP melee doesn't work in FPP or saying how it will hurt sales for CDPR or destroy rep is lame. You love developer? Cool you want for them to please vocal minority or have creative freedom.

We have been. We keep getting dismissed as 'whiny babies' and 'vocal minority that doesn't matter'.

None of those things will help for me, I'm afraid. I've messed with FOV before. Nothing. Head-bobbing or no head-bobbing, doesn't mean anything, I get nauseous playing the original DOOM for crying out loud. If they don't wanna add third-person, fine. All I'm hoping for now is mod compatibility so that someone else can do it instead. Otherwise I, and others, are just going to have to pass.

I read that they created dynamic dialogue system than only work because of FPP. Bascially u can move around during dialogue and you are not locked in cutscene like in Witcher 3 or other RPGs. So there is literally 0 % chance that they will implement TPP fully. There is possibility maybe for some sort half assed exploration TPP view with minimalistic animations. The biggest chance is that we'll get "Photo-Mode" where we can watch our character from every angle without moving him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom