Building Your Character Thread

+

Will you play as a male or a female protagonist for your first walkthrough?

• Total voters
I am really interested in seeing the character creation screen now.

Please for the love of all that is holy do not follow BioWare's CC. 50 shades of bald in Dragon Age Inquisition and sideburns with receding hairlines for both genders.... Like I'm happy to have the option but I don't want mandatory sideburns and a giant forehead, thanks.

Rant about BW aside, I am hoping we can add cool features to our characters - such as serious scarring (let me make Iorveth pretty please), eyepatches, but also pretty tattoos, makeup for both genders, and plenty of long and short hairstyles again for both genders. I liked that Geralt had longish (for a guy) hair and would appreciate customisation that includes longer hairstyles as well as shaved hair and spiky mohawks :D
Considering the anime and punk-inspired nature of cyberpunk, I'm fairly certain you don't have anything to worry about in that regard.
I'm sure there'll be an excess of hair options for long hair, spiky hair, mohawks, and partially shaved hair. And even if it's not exactly perfect, I'm wondering if CDPR will pull a Black Desert Online and also allow you to edit the shape of the hair.

I'm reading some comments and waiting for the guy who:
"I won't buy this fucking trash! I wanted an isomeric RPG with turn based combat and pixel graphic :(" :) And I'm almost there :)
I'll nuke 'em.

I will

NOT

be denied my only open-world cy-fi game.

Tali-Ban: You don't want open-world because it's been played out, regardless of the fact this is a new setting? I bite my thumb at thee!

This is just as bad. These argumentative, insulting posts don't serve any purpose.

Can we please all just settle the f*** down? It's a video game. I know it's a video game we're all very excited for, but we all have our own reasons for feeling the way we do.

If you have motion sickness (like myself), wait and see if CDPR has accessibility options (and if they don't have any planned, THAT is something we can rant and rave about, because it'd be WAY easier to implement those than to make an entirely new perspective). If you simply don't like FPP, that's not a reason for it to be in the game if the devs decided against it.

To address the more on-topic argument of the lack of additional classes, I know, it sucks. Especially for those of you who are PnP fans. But I think we can all take a step back and realize, without being a "CDPR fanboy," that it would have been very hard for them to implement every class and make them all feel useful at all times.

I know, based on Mike's earlier statements, that we were all hoping for them to be in there in some form... but that's not quite how it turned out, unfortunately. Maybe he shouldn't have said anything. I don't know. But this is where we are and we can't change the past.

We're talking dialogue, stories, entire perk trees and mechanics geared specifically towards each class... In case you forgot, there's quite a few classes in the PnP.

Again, it sucks, but please, try to understand that CDPR doesn't just make decisions willy-nilly. They do them because they've decided (with the knowledge they have, which is probably quite a bit more involved than ours) that it's the right move for the game.

Judging by the previews? Seems the decisions they've made are working out pretty damn well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm voting with my hard earned dollars. I work hard. Entitled is a word lazy people use. Just shut up and work.

This is just as bad. These argumentative, insulting posts don't serve any purpose.

Can we please all just settle the f*** down? It's a video game. I know it's a video game we're all very excited for, but we all have our own reasons for feeling the way we do.

If you have motion sickness (like myself), wait and see if CDPR has accessibility options (and if they don't have any planned, THAT is something we can rant and rave about, because it'd be WAY easier to implement those than to make an entirely new perspective). If you simply don't like FPP, that's not a reason for it to be in the game if the devs decided against it.

To address the more on-topic argument of the lack of additional classes, I know, it sucks. Especially for those of you who are PnP fans. But I think we can all take a step back and realize, without being a "CDPR fanboy," that it would have been very hard for them to implement every class and make them all feel useful at all times.

I know, based on Mike's earlier statements, that we were all hoping for them to be in there in some form... but that's not quite how it turned out, unfortunately. Maybe he shouldn't have said anything. I don't know. But this is where we are and we can't change the past.

We're talking dialogue, stories, entire perk trees and mechanics geared specifically towards each class... In case you forgot, there's quite a few classes in the PnP.

Again, it sucks, but please, try to understand that CDPR doesn't just make decisions willy-nilly. They do them because they've decided (with the knowledge they have, which is probably quite a bit more involved than ours) that it's the right move for the game.

Judging by the previews? Seems the decisions they've made are working out pretty damn well.
it's just frustrating. for the last two days all I've seen is complaining. No ones being reasonable so I don't think many others like myself should either. If I weren't so annoyed by half these people I would have typed something just as reasonable but they aren't being reasonable. They don't deserve pleasant and reasonable comments such as yours. But thank you commenting that anyways.

Posts deleted. Do not insult, or personally attack others. Also, please do not spam the forums in off topic posts lacking meaningful content.

The decision they made pissed off a lot of people. I'm not gonna sit here and accept it.
I'm not asking you to. I just ask that we try to conduct ourselves in a way that is more conducive to discussion. I've said it before, I'll say it again - who do you think CDPR is going to listen to? The people saying "f*ck you, your game sucks, never going to buy it and you've betrayed me" or the people making a strong case for their point of view with facts (or at least well-reasoned opinions) to back it up - politely?

Again, for the record, I'm 100% pro TPP (or, more accurately, pro choice).

OT:

I see my 'V' as a female, stealthy netrunner. I might go with the arm blades, but less for lethality and more for maneuverability (hooking into walls would be a good way to stealthily bypass enemies). Cybernetic limbs to speed me up, vision enhancement to let me see thermals.

Strictly non-lethal takedowns (those are confirmed!!! Woohoo!), hacking, and "shadow-like" infiltration, I.E., never getting spotted and nobody knowing I was even there.

Vibrantly-colored undercut haircut, sizable "assets" (don't judge me), slick leather jacket that is protective and stylish without showing too much (if any) skin.

I apologize if this have been asked before, I did a little searching but I could not find any recent threads.

I have been searching for any info on what we can change in character creation relating to V's body and face. So far only VG247 and Rock Paper Shotgun have mentioned "body type" and "body shape". But no one have mentioned anything on the ability to shape the head, or if we have body sliders. I'm guessing we might not have more than a bunch of presets for the face and body?

They never mentioned anything about changing the voice type of V. I hope there would be that option. It would suck for our custom face to not match our voice..

I get the impression there will be some form of character creation for the face etc otherwise what would be the point of including a character creator in an rpg if you only get to choose presets? And I assume the defaults for male/female will look something like the concept art they put up on twitter for the mc.
DfhAATdXcAsA-FG.jpg
DfhABt4XkAA01na.jpg

I don't know if it's just me, but I would rather not be Man McMuscles or Billy Badass. If they give me the option to make an effeminate boy, I'm all for it, because I myself don't have a lot of muscle mass or a big, square jawline.

In interview for Gamespot, Rowley, a design director, said that there'll be different body types, so I expect at least body slides, if not customize the exact shape you want.

I get the impression there will be some form of character creation for the face etc otherwise what would be the point of including a character creator in an rpg if you only get to choose presets? And I assume the defaults for male/female will look something like the concept art they put up on twitter for the mc.
That's cosplay, not concept art.

My guess is that we'll get a few facial presets that you can further customize. The articles made it sound to me like you pick body presets instead of using sliders.

In interview for Gamespot, Rowley, a design director, said that there'll be different body types, so I expect at least body slides, if not customize the exact shape you want.

What I heard all relates to only picking body types, that is; presets. So I assume we can't change our body. But hopefully at least the face.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/06/13/cyberpunk-2077-character-creation-customization/

"Hair colour/style, body type, tattoos, skin markings, clothing, makeup, piercings - the whole 9 yards; all will be able to be tailored to what the player wants to see. This takes the RPG experience to an entirely new level, allowing for total immersion into this world of high-tech technology and mayhem. "

Seems like we are going to get a lot of options for character creation.

I also hope that we'll get good post-creator customization and be able to alter our appearance and things if we want, I mean it fits within the lore of Cyberpunk too.

Top Bottom