Building Your Character Thread

+

Will you play as a male or a female protagonist for your first walkthrough?

• Total voters
http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/06/13/cyberpunk-2077-character-creation-customization/

"Hair colour/style, body type, tattoos, skin markings, clothing, makeup, piercings - the whole 9 yards; all will be able to be tailored to what the player wants to see. This takes the RPG experience to an entirely new level, allowing for total immersion into this world of high-tech technology and mayhem. "

Seems like we are going to get a lot of options for character creation.

I also hope that we'll get good post-creator customization and be able to alter our appearance and things if we want, I mean it fits within the lore of Cyberpunk too.

Nice find but they mention the same thing, body type. No one have so far unfortunately said anything about sliders or morphs for the face or body.

Last edited:
Nice find but they mention the same thing, body type. No one have so far unfortunately not said anything about sliders or morphs for the face or body.

Ah yea, my bad, misunderstood your question. I certainly hope there's sliders, at least for the face especially.

I know as much as the next guy, but in the 50-minute game footage article by Andrew Reiner from GameInformer, he said:

The demo begins with character creation. You select whether you wish to be a male or female and can design what they look like, right down to giving them scars, tattoos, hairstyles, makeup, glow effects, and a lot more. Your character is simply named V, an urban mercenary who takes on jobs that are too dangerous for most people.

Reading that, it sounds pretty in-depth. I'm not sure about sliders, I hope it's as in-depth or at least close to what we see in BDO where you can change pretty much everything. We should know more in August when/if we see Game footage at Gamescon Koelnmesse.

I doubt it will be like BDO. CDPR designed CP2077 mainly for FPP so they wouldn't devote that much resources into slider/morph/vertex editing. Note that the press materials said nothing about facial shaping/sculpting. That's not by accident. Sounds like presets and color wheels.

I would guess there are a large number of presets for various body parts, but not sliders. That would be similar to how The Witcher 3 handles character models. But if it is modular enough and you are given enough "LEGO pieces", then you can still build unique looking characters.

I would guess there are a large number of presets for various body parts, but not sliders. That would be similar to how The Witcher 3 handles character models. But if it is modular enough and you are given enough "LEGO pieces", then you can still build unique looking characters.

As long as I can create my cute and sexy curvy/thicc girl than yes, I would be happy. But there might not be any parts that I really like. And although, as mentioned by lord_blex, CC is not done yet, I can not imagine them adding sliders afterwards for the body. Since you would have to deal with all clothing meshes. You would want that added before you create the attire.

Guest 4310777

I expect character creation to be very deep. I am more interested in the variety of NPC body types we will encounter, I hope it's not the "random head" on "identical bodies" that we have come to expect from most games.

I'm voting with my hard earned dollars. I work hard. Entitled is a word lazy people use. Just shut up and work.
You are expecting a developer to kowtow to the whims of a vocal minority who wants them to change the game because they don't like it. If you have issues with motion sickness in FPP you have my legitimate sympathy, otherwise you are absolutely being entitled, and frankly are being quite rude about it.

It seems we wont be able to play as/use skills of rockerboy and corporate classes

found this on reddit:
"From the gamestop interview. "Rockerboy and corporate they're kind of more in there from a lore perspective- from a story perspective, you'll encounter characters who represent those alternate roles but its not something that we're going to allow the player to necessarily play with. "
source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/8qlpg6
Well I am very disappointed now, I was really interested in those classes, and how would they play :(

Implementing them storywise would be difficult. Solo/Netrunner/Techie can, to some extent follow similar path. Corporate is a different pair of shoes, usually misunderstood by players. The same with rockerboy. But if you look at this, there's a mention about corporate and rockerboy in form of perks choice.

Cdpr destroyed this game. Plain and simple. None of it matters.

In what way did they do that? :) You haven't seen the game :) But because you suspect you won't be able to play your very specific chracter, that would give a PnP Game Master a hedache and hiv, you are enraged :) So mature :)

Hey brother, sadly, all excitement has been muted by the decision to force fpp on us. Still coming to terms with that.

I felt the same at first, shared the "GTA-like" idea, but I guess CDPR had a good reason design wise to go FPP, and they may do an "Alien Isolation" thing out of Cyberpunk the more I think of it (you really felt the Alien's menace and the Space Station being a very living thing on it's own, rather than just being a level you were in), very immersive and thrilling in a way that wouldn't work the same seen from outside, experiencing the crazyness of Night City first hand.

Cdpr destroyed this game. Plain and simple. None of it matters.

This forum has some of the craziest talk i ever seen on the internet , not trying to insult , really , but how in god earth they destroyed the unreleased unseen game taking into account that every outlet on the internet is saying they NEVER seen anything like it in their life , surely , SURELY , you can at least wait with the bombastic statements until you SEE the game , not even talking about playing it.
Again as some said before , if you are one of the ppl who cant play due to physical inability i hope they will put some accessibility options , but if its all about you wanting a TPP and not getting it ..... not buying the game is the easiest thing , why do you feel the need to rage so hard ? it make no sense , you could if you have any objectivity even say its an AMAZING game but you just dont like this style of game , for instance i would say that Starcraft is an AMAZING RTS game but i dont like RTS so i never quite played it.

Played hundreds of hours as male protagonist ( Geralt) now it's time for a woman.
And after that of course a male playthrough

Top Bottom