FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how many people cannot comprehend that you cannot define other people's experiences for them.

This is literally like me saying "I find the color red more jarring than blue," and someone responding "No, you find blue more jarring."

If having a third person perspesctive is more immersive for me than first person you dont get to say "No, it isnt."
It is for me.
And that's why I find the whole immersion justification so bizarre.
It's Mike's and CDPR's game. They designed it, they created it, they get to decide what makes it more immersive. You don't get to decide, especially when they've seen the gameplay and you haven't. So yes, they do get to say that third person is not as immersive because that is the conclusion they came to while designing this particular game. Sure it's their opinion, but this is their vision, not yours.

Guest 4311839

most over the shoulder games have the ability to move it around. games like god of war, Hellblade, and the last of us are examples. Even the witcher 3 switched to over the shoulder when you walked indoors.
those games was designed with 3rd person in mind cyberpunk wasn't. No body will argue its not possible at technical level. But just because it possible doesn't mean they have no reason not to add it

Guest 3573786

It's Mike's and CDPR's game. They designed it, they created it, they get to decide what makes it more immersive. You don't get to decide, especially when they've seen the gameplay and you haven't. So yes, they do get to say that third person is not as immersive because that is the conclusion they came to while designing this particular game. Sure it's their opinion, but this is their vision, not yours.
Did you even read what I wrote? They get to design it the way they want of course, and maybe they went with that because the majority of cdpr finds it more immersive themselves, but you cannot tell me what I find more immersive.

Is over the shoulder camera restricted or can you move it around? Of course if your reasoning what "technical" as if engine is not capable, and it only option they shouldn't do it. If you are somehow convinced that CDPR has to do it because it possible at technical level yeah you won't find any reason.
I feel like your grammar is a little off here. I can't really understand what you're trying to say.

Hello there guys o/,

tbh at this point those petitions are ridicules, given the votes in the poll, most
of the gamers bothering anticipating, swaying direction FP RPG and BOTH
not counting the I DO NOT CARE in.

We didn t even see ANY actual gameplay and you
all already judging the game by this one bloody point. You even listen to the
guys who have seen the demo? I suppose not.... at this point this whole perspective
thing here went full out of hand.

I personally want to see the gameplay first and how the FPP looks and feels in
combination with the already TPP pieces in that game. Also given Deus Ex HR
for example, this rage here (yes it is) should really slow down.

at this point, i am with the devs

EOL
So long
I think you might be missing the point of wanting a third person perspective , ppl that want to have it in the game are people that enjoy creating characters in an RPG and seeing the character in the world of the game , if TPP is not an option than we do not really need to see a gameplay demo to know how it feels like, because even if 1st person feels good in Cyberpunk 2077, that will be great but you still cannot see your character!. actually what scares me, even more, is that in a recent interview the devs said that the cutscenes are seamless and in 1st person also! which really sucks because that was the only time you got to see your character in 3rd person. if that is the case then you will only see your character in the menus!! which will be crazy in an RPG with gear and customization.

It's amazing how many people cannot comprehend that you cannot define other people's experiences for them.

This is literally like me saying "I find the color red more jarring than blue," and someone responding "No, you find blue more jarring."

If having a third person perspesctive is more immersive for me than first person you dont get to say "No, it isnt."
It is for me.

TPP < Gameplay > FPP

Immersion=Personal experience

You're right, of course. Clearly me feeling physically nauseous to the point where I need to stop playing is the most immersive experience out there.

Did you even read what I wrote? They get to design it the way they want of course, and maybe they went with that because the majority of cdpr finds it more immersive themselves, but you cannot tell me what I find more immersive.
You haven't played the game, you can't form an opinion on something you haven't seen

It is for me.
I agree and i think it is because of that reason CDPR should be aiming at catering to different tastes and styles of gameplay for their fans, especially because they know they have a huge fan base

Guest 4211861

I like seeing my guns up close and aiming down sights, but it seems this third-person view thing is actually a big problem for a lot of people. I do want the game to succeed though, I don't want CDPR missing out on revenue just because of this.

CDPR should provide a mod for 3rd person view just to avoid losing $$$. I can wait another year.

I think FP is just fine, you have to remember that Night City will be a very dense area. You cannot squeeze into tight alleys and explore apartment complexes in TP as well as you can in FP. This is a very populated city.

With this said though, we should be able to explore in a casual TP mode if we wanted, kinda like Elderscrolls.

Deus Ex series, System Shock, Bioshock, Half-Life, Alien Isolation, SOMA ... anybody. Wake up, FP let you see all detail, feel the game саuse devil
is in the detail. That is why we love Witcher, that is why we love CD Projekt Red - attention to detail! Not the third person view.
I believe the developers are doing everything right. If anyone feels that game isn't worth his money because of FP just do a refund.

True enough, after all CDPR is the first company in the world to utilize first person perspective in their game, and I cant possibly fathom what first person perspective is like.

I... I cant even...
:rolleyes:
No, you literally can't, not in the context of this game, with it's unique mechanics and environment

Guest 4311839

I feel like your grammar is a little off here. I can't really understand what you're trying to say.

No body will argue its not possible at technical level. But just because it's possible doesn't mean they have no reason not to add it

Deus Ex series, System Shock, Bioshock, Half-Life, Alien Isolation, SOMA ... anybody. Wake up, FP let you see all detail, feel the game саuse devil
is in the detail. That is why we love Witcher, that is why we love CD Projekt Red - attention to detail! Not the third person view.
I believe the developers are doing everything right. If anyone feels that game isn't worth his money because of FP just do a refund.
I agree, it's the attention to detail that is paid to the world, the stories, the characters, that is what makes the game great. If CDPR thinks experiencing this world this way is what will allow us to appreciate it the most, then why shouldn't we trust them to deliver, as they've consistently done over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom