FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to cry when I heard that this game is gonna be 1st person only. Please dear devs, don't do it. This game is a most expected game for me, but I just see no point in PRG in 1st person perspective... It's OK for shooters but not for RPG. What is the point in character creation, variations of armor and clothes etc., if we can't even see our character?

Please think about adding the 3rd person camera. That is so very much important for a lot of players :(

By that standard, neither can you. And incidentally, neither can CDPR decide for someone else if this perspective is 'better' for them.
I can't but I can put my trust in the developers that this is the right decision for the game, since it's the conclusion they've come to from years of development

I would say, some and some.

Assuming that everyone here understands that this is a free forum, like we are in a free country in a free continent, noone is entitled to force anyone to do anything. This means that everything being said in this topic belongs to the opinion/academic area.

That said, every opinion matters. This means that noone should have preferred lanes, not the FPP supporters, not the people -like me- affected by motion sickness, not the people that just hate FPP and want TPP. We are just arguing and giving reasons for one thing or another, but ultimately it's the developer's call to decide if the arguments we all put on the table are worthy of rethinking the game or not.
And, after almost 3000 (THREE THOUSANDS) posts -i've NEVER seen such a big topic in my entire life- i think they have more than enough material to pick a definitive course of action.

So, i think we should stop arguing between us, because everything that could have been said, has been said, and DEMAND (yes, i typed it right, DEMAND) a definitive answer from the developers.

Cheers to everybody

Sorry if it's considered spam, but i decided to periodically requote this post to avoid it falling into oblivion.
I think we deserve an answer, positive or negative as it might be.

Thanks.

Guest 3573786

No, you literally can't, not in the context of this game, with it's unique mechanics and environment
You're the second guy now (maybe the same one?) on this forum to confuse other elements that impact experience with perspective itself. I'm not talking about other stuff, stuff we haven't seen. I'm talking about perspective alone.

I agree, it's the attention to detail that is paid to the world, the stories, the characters, that is what makes the game great. If CDPR thinks to experience this world this way is what will allow us to appreciate it the most, then why shouldn't we trust them to deliver, as they've consistently done over the years
well I trust them, but as a consumer, i get to decide what i like, because this is me and this is what i like! , but as a developer, you need to try and cater o a wide variety of people that like different things.
it is like this say you are hosting a dinner, if it was just ou, you can do any dish you like, and no one would question you , but if you are hosting a 1000000 person dinner, you need to have a variety of options because not everyone will like the dish that you like, and if you want your dinner to be successful , you would like to be able to cater to the needs of everyone!

By that standard, neither can you. And incidentally, neither can CDPR decide for someone else if this perspective is 'better' for them.

They can't decide for the others, but they can totally decide for their own game.
That's their view, that's their design, that's their game.
You don't ask an artist to change his painting. You may not like it, but no one forces you to buy it.

You're the second guy now (maybe the same one?) on this forum to confuse other elements that impact experience with perspective itself. I'm not talking about other stuff, stuff we haven't seen. I'm talking about perspective alone.
It's all interconnected, the perspective is vital to the other elements, according to the devs. That's why I trust it's the right decision.

So blind faith, basically, is your ultimate argument. Specifically, blind, self-affirming faith.
yeah it's their artwork, I think it's wrong to tell them to not fully realize their vision

Guest 4311839

So blind faith, basically, is your ultimate argument.

And how its blind? They made 3 games and showed progressions in quality and content.

They can't decide for the others, but they can totally decide for their own game.
You don't ask an artist to change his painting. You may not like it, but no one forces you to buy it.
Actually you can. In fact it's been done, historically, all the time. I even do it when I commission artists. Charles Dickens changed the ending to one of his books based on reader feedback.

Guest 3573786

False equivalence. This isnt a painting, it's a game. Developers work, to a greater or lesser extent, with their fans all the time . They ask for feedback because they want to know how their fans feel about the game, which is what CDPR has done here. And we're giving it to them.

you cannot compare this to a painting, a game is a product, that is meant to be consumed in a way, we are the consumer, the as a producer you need to try and cater to different consumer preferences if you want to reach a wider audience. we are simply consumers that are interested in being their customers but their product needs to be modified to fit our preferences.

And how its blind? They made 3 games and showed progressions in quality and content.
It's blind in its claim that no matter what anyone has to say in the matter, just because CDPR says first-person is better for everyone, then that must be true. And nothing anyone can say could ever suggest otherwise because "guys, it's CDPR!"

When your sole basis is "it's their word!" then you are literally acting on blind faith.

Actually you can. In fact it's been done, historically, all the time. I even do it when I commission artists. Charles Dickens changed the ending to one of his books based on reader feedback.

Dickens and few others are the exception that proves the rule. Only because they did that, it doesn't mean it has to be the same for every artist.
Also they are not working on commission, so...

It's all interconnected, the perspective is vital to the other elements, according to the devs. That's why I trust it's the right decision.

yeah it's their artwork, I think it's wrong to tell them to not fully realize their vision

cant compare this to that really , people did not know what a car is before, but we know what a first perseon prespective is , they can do an amaaazing job with it , but it will still be a 1st person prespective

It's blind in its claim that no matter what anyone has to say in the matter, just because CDPR says first-person is better for everyone, then that must be true. And nothing anyone can say could ever suggest otherwise because "guys, it's CDPR!"

When your sole basis is "it's their word!" then you are literally acting on blind faith.
Facts: They have plenty of development experience, they've made great games in the past, so yes it's not blind faith to expect them to make good design decisions. And sorry that you have motion sickness but frankly you're in a minority

Dickens and few others are the exception that proves the rule. Only because they did that, it doesn't mean it has to be the same for every artist.
Also they are not working on commission, so...
Ironic! I thought what set CDPR was that they were the exception to industry practices, and just because something applied to every other developer out there didn't mean it applied to them. I guess that praise's accuracy becomes subjective when it comes to arguing on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom