ATTENTION - The TPP FPP THREAD IS CLOSED FOR NOW. OTHERS WILL BE DELETED

+
This place sure got quieter with the closing the the perspective thread. Jeesh, I can even hear my thoughts.

I can only imagine they are very..orderly.

We'll give it a while and then either re open that thread or start a new one with some very clear rules about Being Nice Always and Saying Something New If You're Going To Post.

can only imagine they are very..orderly.

We'll give it a while and then either re open that thread or start a new one with some very clear rules about Being Nice Always and Saying Something New If You're Going To Post.

They probably are, or they are raging in Reddit.

But take all the time you want. I like things better this way. Seriously, even if it means fewer angry dissenting responses.

BTW, do you have any idea why I was thought to have deleted my account? Wishful thinking perhaps?

They probably are, or they are raging in Reddit.

But take all the time you want. I like things better this way. Seriously, even if it means fewer angry dissenting responses.

BTW, do you have any idea why I was thought to have deleted my account? Wishful thinking perhaps?

Ah, in our case ( the moderation team) it was more fear that we would lose a long-time, relatively sane community member. That trailer was not, perhaps, the high point of RPG excitement, I admit. (Thus my Mega Lore thread! So much PnP goodness in it - just not obvious)

Other people, no idea. Prolly wishful thinking. WHY DOES HE NOT UNDERSTAND THE GREATNESS OF THE SHOOTINGNESSESSSESSES. Etc.

Open minds, everyone, open minds.

Ah, in our case ( the moderation team) it was more fear that we would lose a long-time, relatively sane community member. That trailer was not, perhaps, the high point of RPG excitement, I admit.

And here I thought you thought I was the sanest of them all, like I am. That's disappointing. Anyway, I'll pester people here for a while still. There are a few things I must know before the final "screw you guys, I'm going home". If that is to happen.

And here I thought you thought I was the sanest of them all, like I am. That's disappointing. Anyway, I'll pester people here for a while still. There are a few things I must know before the final "screw you guys, I'm going home". If that is to happen.
Don't go anywhere, you. :(

I agree about the Shadowrun thread. Look forward to seeing that opened again.

Don't go anywhere, you. :(

Aww, that smiley almost melt my granite heart.

It appears, I'm not going anywhere for a while, but it's really up to CDPR in the end.

Lots to like, lots to hate so far. If certain aspects get carried out on at least somewhat satisfactory level (or already are, but not communicated yet), I'll be here for quite some time. But if not, there're some serious considerations to make on whether the positive matches the negative.

If certain aspects get carried out on at least somewhat satisfactory level (or already are, but not communicated yet), I'll be here for quite some time. But if not, there're some serious considerations to make on whether the positive matches the negative.

And really, we can't ask for any more than that. Fair consideration.

If it was reopened now, I would still spend a few days away from it.

I would rather put some distance at this point than risk being a further part of the problem.

Yeah it was probably a good idea to give it a rest. Too bad the poll is going to get buried with it, but its not like its going to really make a difference.

I'll admit I got pretty nettly at times. Mostly it was in response to seeing some of the more.. disingenuous.. remarks about people like me who have our issues with the news. I did at least try to be sporting and engage in playful ribbing, rather than devolve into shouting contests, for whatever it's worth.

It is a lot quieter now, though, yeah. I think closing the thread probably might have sent a different sort of message to the TPP crowd, though, who have so far been shoved aside on other forums too.. some may take it as less crowd control and more of a silencing tactic - I don't, personally, but with tempers running high and constant mockery and rejection at every turn, I can see how some might misinterpret things and end up feeling that way. It sucks, but them's the breaks with the internet, I guess.

Sorry, either way.

Can the forums really make no accommodation for those wishing to discuss a workaround for their motion sickness issues? Come on now!

Last edited:
Can the forums really can make no accommodation for those wishing to discuss a workaround for their motion sickness issues? Come on now!

Well, we don't generally -discuss- moderation publicly, but since that thread is so much fun and you were trying to help others...

Apparently, no. We can't seem to keep it open. We just deleted multiple posts and issued multiple warnings. So for the weekend, it is firmly locked.

It seems (lots) of people need to come to terms still with the FPP TPP thing before we can start to behave constructively. I wish it wasn't so, but there you have it.

This is a bit offtopic so I don't mind being deleted, but I feel it's worth mentioning and sharing.
CDRP confirmed on subreddit, that we can see our body while in FPP. Being a dull floating camera completely destroys the immersion while playing a story driven game for me and being able to see my body is an acceptable "fix" for this issue. And I believe there would be a lot less drama if more people knew about this.

EDIT: I deleted the link because it was displaying a video from another game in the thumbnail, so i could be confusing. You can search it up tho.

I think the issue might be not directing people's expectations. Since the reveal we had way too much time to come up with the mental picture of what CP is supposed to be and any info subverting those expectation will be by default taken negatively.

I know it from my own experience, when I saw trailers for the first Assassins Creed I expected something between Thief and Hitman, and I got a game more like Prince of Persia. It might have been good, but I didn't enjoy it just because I was set on it being something else.

If the news of the game being presented in first person has been accompanied by a cool gameplay trailer showing it working well, and nicely blending between action, cutscenes and dialogues reaction might have been much more timid.

^ an elaborate way of saying "can we have a gameplay trailer PLS?!" :)

Top Bottom