A question about implants

+
Seeing the various interviews many mentioned the constant use of the mantis blades that "V", our character, deploys to slide over walls or fight in melee combat. Now my question is...are these kinds of implants a default and a must for our character or we can create a version of "V" without them or any types of implants at all?

Seeing the various interviews many mentioned the constant use of the mantis blades that "V", our character, deploys to slide over walls or fight in melee combat. Now my question is...are these kinds of implants a default and a must for our character or we can create a version of "V" without them or any types of implants at all?

Welllllll..if it's anything like Cyberpunk 2020, you can absolutely choose yes/no and what kind of implants you have. See the LORE Megathread in my signature for more on Cyberware.

As of now:

Some implants will be required (or you will have the option to choose between X, Y and Z) in order to progress but most are optional.

Note: Still subject to change etc etc.
If you don't mind, I'm curious, can you obtain cybernetic limbs that are visibly different? I.E. chrome arms/legs?

EDIT: You did a fantastic job in the interviews!

As of now:

Some implants will be required (or you will have the option to choose between X, Y and Z) in order to progress but most are optional.

Note: Still subject to change etc etc.
Thanks for the info!

Well, seems a cyberfree playthru isn't an option.

Thanks for the info!

Well, seems a cyberfree playthru isn't an option.

It was kind of to be expected. Granted I thought that it would be limited to a Neuralware implant with smart plugs paired with a bio-monitor and times square optic option, as opposed to cyberweapons it seems, but what can you do. Hopefully it allows you to choose between rippers, or wolvers, or a grapplefist, as I don't really care for the mantis claw things... but I am sure whatever comes will be awesome.

Is a wee bit disapointing that the idea of a uniquely customized character keeps having more and more limits/boundaries placed on it.

i want to know if there will still be a loss of humanity for getting cybernetics?
...can we send our character to therapy if we push it too close to the edge?

or is there none of that wonderful depth of interplay; is the illusions of cyberwear options to be restricted by money and dictated by the game restrictions on item availability? (as other games would do)

i want to know if there will still be a loss of humanity for getting cybernetics?
...can we send our character to therapy if we push it too close to the edge?

or is there none of that wonderful depth of interplay; is the illusions of cyberwear options to be restricted by money and dictated by the game restrictions on item availability? (as other games would do)

Yeah, quite a few of us would like to know this.

Yeah, quite a few of us would like to know this.

From the interviews at E3 they've already confirmed that Cyber Psychosis will play a role in the world, but they have not yet come to a decision on if and how this might affect V.

One could argue that succeeding in a cyberpunk world requires one to give up a little humanity one way or another...
I'd agree with that. I'm not sure the players character could successfully take on the world without losing a part of themselves to it. Certainly on the streets, where your cred is so dependent on style and cyberware

Last edited:
There is an argument to be made that our present day use of technological devices has already begun our decline to Cyber Psychosis.

Perhaps the required implants are simply the cyberpunk equivalent of a mobile phone or laptop computer.

Doubtful. Cyberpsychosis would impose certain limitations on the players, which is never a good thing in a wide-audience targeted blockbuster.

why not? yeah its a game over condition - but not much diverence from saying you can have only X implants (originally dependend on a stat - empathie if i remember correctly) and here but here it is not a hard cap. and if you go to x+1, x+2 at some point you get a cool and most likely pretty messed up "death" animation.

As long as it is good and clear communicated what my chars x is, i can only c that adding to the immersion & worldbuildng.

Top Bottom