A question about implants

+
Can't talk about that yet sorry.

And thanks!!! They are quite nerve-racking!

Hey kyle, hope there is a way to also do a minimum augmentations as possible, would make for a cool playthrough.

Do you know if bioware/nanoware is something to be in the game for the character? Or is that something you can't talk about?

But wasn't it said that you can play through the game with an exo-suit or some external support that attaches to our body instead of surgically implanting it, and correct me if i am wrong but wasn't that an exo-suit worn by the phsyco squad member in the very first trailer thus making it to possible to finish the game without applying augmentations?

in the 2013 trailer no the psycho squad officer wasn't wearing a exo-suit (aka: Linear frames) but they do exist in the CP2020 game along with rare power armor. additionally in the game (cyberaddict said) CP2020 has biowear (genetic mods) as well, though they are really expensive.
i know of players in the pen and paper game that where clean of cyberwear but its hard to do until you get large money rolling for biowear and power armor.

I figure the way the game has been talked about there are a minimum set of cyberware V will need to have, just to interact with the basic world.

But to the melee weapons, I imagine we might install our own versions, each with pros and cons. (there was mention of wall climbing with mantis blades? Would that be a skill the player invested in, or something unlocked throught the cyberware?)

If you want to live in NC without implants then I expect you will be an easy target for organ harvesters unless you pay a lot for protection.

I hope a fully customizable avatar. I just want to play my first campaing full stealth melee ninja style

Yeah, quite a few of us would like to know this.

From the interviews at E3 they've already confirmed that Cyber Psychosis will play a role in the world, but they have not yet come to a decision on if and how this might affect V.

Yep. I have full faith in CDPR, but I'll admit, even my optimism is going to take a slight (SLIGHT!) hit if the player can simply fill their body with metal and electronics with impunity. That would be incredibly immersion breaking, for me.

"Oh, NPCs can go crazy, but you can't, because you are The Chosen One™!"

Doubtful. Cyberpsychosis would impose certain limitations on the players, which is never a good thing in a wide-audience targeted blockbuster.
Excuse me?????
All games (OK, not Bethesda games) impose limitations limitations on the players.

If it's not in, which i have heard around, might be as simple as they never found a good way to implement it in the game.

I don't, i think it's one of the slightly shitty ideas in cyberpunk. it was a mechanic for limiting the amount of implants used in a PnP game with no thought to what it expressed to people who would actually have to have a lot of implants to become independent. not something I would miss.

In gry-online interview it was said by developer that full blown Cyberpsychosis won't affect the player, however there will be a negative side effects for abusing Cyberware too much. He seemed to imply that we will be forced to take some kind of drugs every so often in order to tone down those negative side effects.

In gry-online interview it was said by developer that full blown Cyberpsychosis won't affect the player, however there will be a negative side effects for abusing Cyberware too much. He seemed to imply that we will be forced to take some kind of drugs every so often in order to tone down those negative side effects.
Cool. That's all I can ask for. I don't think any of us should have expected full cyberpsychosis. It would screw with the narrative too much.

Happen to have a link on hand? How long ago was this interview conducted? Because, as of a few days ago, they didn't want to discuss it.

Seeing the various interviews many mentioned the constant use of the mantis blades that "V", our character, deploys to slide over walls or fight in melee combat. Now my question is...are these kinds of implants a default and a must for our character or we can create a version of "V" without them or any types of implants at all?
My question would be why would anyone NOT want hidden blades that come out of your forearms.. well.. unless you can have guns coming out of your forearms

As of now:

Some implants will be required (or you will have the option to choose between X, Y and Z) in order to progress but most are optional.

Note: Still subject to change etc etc.

Can we create non-cybered looking V? You know "plates" on he's/her face...

My question would be why would anyone NOT want hidden blades that come out of your forearms.. well.. unless you can have guns coming out of your forearms
*raises her hand*

Not really interested in forearm blades. I'd much rather have a microcomp built into one forearm and an automated first aid kit built into the other.

*raises her hand*

Not really interested in forearm blades. I'd much rather have a microcomp built into one forearm and an automated first aid kit built into the other.
It really depends on what kind of character do you want to build. That's why I hope you could choose between having those mantis blades and maybe something else at the character creation. Especially if then said implants will take away some umanity from you (and since it's a finite resource it would be better if this decision is made by the player)

Top Bottom